Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

DIAC Applications pre July 2012 -Status,Speculation & unanswerable questions (merged)

DIAC Applications pre July 2012 -Status,Speculation & unanswerable questions (merged)

Old Oct 20th 2010, 6:49 am
BE Enthusiast

aliah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nice
Default Re: Form 80 Status

Originally Posted by imranprogrammer
Either you are single or family , doesn't matter. They will take time as long as required. Forget about the visa and get back to life.
If you are with family and then secuirty checks are to be performed on you and your wife as well...so i thought that might lengthen the security assessment...

well it is my perception...may be i am wrong!
Old Oct 20th 2010, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

bluesky12 is an unknown quantity at this point

In my document checklist, I didn't find form 80 status. But all others are MET. From where did you guys find it?

3 months before my CO advised me that my application is under routine external processing and yesterday he said it it is under internal checking. What is extrrnal and internal checking and timeline?

I am from Bangladesh.

Thanks!
Old Oct 20th 2010, 9:59 am
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bluesky12
In my document checklist, I didn't find form 80 status. But all others are MET. From where did you guys find it?

3 months before my CO advised me that my application is under routine external processing and yesterday he said it it is under internal checking. What is extrrnal and internal checking and timeline?

I am from Bangladesh.

Thanks!
Mine form80 was also not there, i request and my case officer uploaded in the document list.

I did not see the usage of form80 status, some applicants have form 80 "met" but still waiting, so no need to worry, aftter 5 months of case officer allocation mine is still "received" and i will never ask them to update the status
Old Oct 20th 2010, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

mimiltonme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bluesky12

I am from Bangladesh.

Thanks!
Hi Bluesky, Did you email to your CO regarding your case and then he replied this? btw im also from BD and having the same situation like you.
Old Oct 20th 2010, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

mustafa_jaleel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by imranprogrammer
Either you are single or family , doesn't matter. They will take time as long as required. Forget about the visa and get back to life.
Old Oct 20th 2010, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

bluesky12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mimiltonme
Hi Bluesky, Did you email to your CO regarding your case and then he replied this? btw im also from BD and having the same situation like you.
Yes I mailed to CO and he replied it.
Old Dec 1st 2010, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

meeharaka is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Application is still in state "Processing Commenced" after 11 months

I applying in the Software Engineer category, lodged my General Skilled Migration (GSM) application on the 26th of Feb, 2010 and ever since then the application status never changed from "Application received - processing commenced". I'm really worried. Is this normal? What steps need I take?

Thanks!

Last edited by meeharaka; Dec 1st 2010 at 8:00 pm.
Old Dec 1st 2010, 7:55 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Application is still in state "Processing Commenced" after 11 months

Originally Posted by meeharaka
I lodged my application on the 26th of Feb, 2010 and ever since then the application status never changed from "Application received - processing commenced". I'm really worried. Is this normal? What steps need I take?

Thanks!
Processing has been quite slow over the last 18 months. I don't know what visa you're going for or what category you're in, so I can't comment on how long it'll take (plus, that is pretty much "how long is a piece of string?!" type question!).

Ours has been "processing commenced" since January 2009, so it's not necessarily unusual. There have been loads of changes in the immigration process, so it's bound to be taking a while. So, even though it's easier said than done, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Try to just carry on as normal.
Old Dec 1st 2010, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

meeharaka is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Application is still in state "Processing Commenced" after 11 months

Thanks for the reply mrsgreenstar76. I have changed the post with the information you have asked for. I was under the impression that GSM applications usually take at most a year to finalize .
Old Dec 1st 2010, 8:13 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reply mrsgreenstar76. I have changed the post with the information you have asked for. I was under the impression that GSM applications usually take at most a year to finalize .
It really depends on which visa you're going for, if you're being sponsored by a state, etc. They can take a while. For example, mine will probably not be finalised until at least the end of 2011 because I'm in category 4 and family sponsored. Others may get theirs sooner. No two peoples timelines are the same, so timelines really aren't that much help.

These are the processing times estimated by DIAC:

Processing priority groups

The following table details processing priorities for GSM applications.
Note: The highest priority is listed first.

Priority group number
Applications
From people who are employer sponsored under the Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) and the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS).
Note: Priority Group 1 applications are not GSM applications.
From people who are nominated by a state or territory government agency with a nominated occupation that is specified on that state or territory's state migration plan.
From people who have nominated an occupation on the new Skilled Occupation List (SOL).
See: Skilled Occupation List (SOL) – Schedule 3 – in effect from 1 July 2010
All other applications are to be processed in the order in which they are received.
Processing times – GSM applications affected by processing priorities

The below table describes the processing times for the following visa subclasses.

Visa subclass
Priority group 1
Priority group 2
Priority group 3
Priority group 4
ENS/RSMS Service Standards
See: Visas for migration to Australia – as a skilled sponsored worker or business person Six months from date of lodgement Applications lodged before 1 July 2010: finalised by 1 July 2011.

Applications lodged on or after 1 July 2010: finalised 18 months from date of lodgement. Assessment of cases will commence once all cases in priority groups 1–3 are finalised.
ENS/RSMS Service Standards
See: Visas for migration to Australia – as a skilled sponsored worker or business person 12 months from date of lodgement Applications lodged prior to 1 July 2010: finalised by 31 December 2011.

Applications lodged on or after 1 July 2010: finalised 18 to 24 months from date of lodgement. Assessment of cases will commence once all cases in priority groups 1–3 are finalised.
http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charter.../visas/8.0.htm
Old Dec 1st 2010, 8:33 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I applying in the Software Engineer category, lodged my General Skilled Migration (GSM) application on the 26th of Feb, 2010 and ever since then the application status never changed from "Application received - processing commenced". I'm really worried. Is this normal? What steps need I take?

Thanks!
The online status has absolutely nothing to do with what may or may not be really happening. It gets updated when/if someone gets round to it, and many people end up with their visas granted whilst their online status still says "Documents Required" .

Last edited by Pollyana; Dec 16th 2010 at 3:45 am.
Old Dec 4th 2010, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

snindika is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CO @ Routine

Hi all,
Do you have any idea of Routine processing? My CO informed me that my application is undergoing routine process.

Regards;
snindika

Lodged 176 - 11 March 10(CSL) , CO- 04 Nov 10, PCC-10 Nov 10, Form 80 Met -10 Nov 10, Med finalised 24 Nov 10, now at Routine Processing.......
Old Dec 4th 2010, 12:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CO @ Routine

Originally Posted by snindika
Hi all,
Do you have any idea of Routine processing? My CO informed me that my application is undergoing routine process.

Regards;
snindika

Lodged 176 - 11 March 10(CSL) , CO- 04 Nov 10, PCC-10 Nov 10, Form 80 Met -10 Nov 10, Med finalised 24 Nov 10, now at Routine Processing.......

I would image that routine processing means it's going through the usual process just like every other application does.
Old Dec 4th 2010, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

snindika is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Wendy, But some applicants who has been having CO before 2 months undergoing routine process still.

Regards,
Snindika
Old Dec 4th 2010, 10:46 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snindika
Thanks Wendy, But some applicants who has been having CO before 2 months undergoing routine process still.

Regards,
Snindika
And? Routine processing means routine processing. Routine, regular, usual, standard, typical, ordinary, unremarkable, conventional, customary, common, traditional. Any more adjectives you need to describe just how routine routine processing is?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.