December 2007 Applicants

Old Sep 15th 2008, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of
Default Re: December 2007 Applicants

WOW, did you guys hear the news - Lehman Brothers is filing Chapter 11?!?!
AND Merrill Lynch has been bought out by Bank of America.
All this BAD NEWS can't be good for anyone!!
Old Sep 15th 2008, 11:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiger222
OUCH!!! Maybe he needs to have a new solicitor.
I think he needs to hire a hitman.

WOW, did you guys hear the news - Lehman Brothers is filing Chapter 11?!?!
AND Merrill Lynch has been bought out by Bank of America.
All this BAD NEWS can't be good for anyone!!
I heard this morning. Can't believe it's still going downhill in the USA, thought you guys had started to pick up.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Fly Away
I think he needs to hire a hitman.

I heard this morning. Can't believe it's still going downhill in the USA, thought you guys had started to pick up.
This news will show that the previous drops were just troughs - artificially propped up by the FED - this will be a wild day on Wall Street
Old Sep 15th 2008, 12:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

This news will show that the previous drops were just troughs - artificially propped up by the FED - this will be a wild day on Wall Street
Just watching the BBC news. I hope it is not the start of something worse. I was working in Financial services in 1989/1990 and went through all that. Got out in 1990 because my job was looking shaky. My OH works for a big UK bank.

What a day to try and sell a house. Goodness knows where we will put the equity even if it goes through.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 12:55 pm
we're there!

AshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant future

Goodness knows where we will put the equity even if it goes through.
i'll look after it for you
(can't do any worse than the big banks!)

hope your OH isn't affected by it too badly...
Old Sep 15th 2008, 3:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by AshyB
i'll look after it for you
(can't do any worse than the big banks!)

To be honest, you couldn't be much worse - what rate of interest do you offer??

hope your OH isn't affected by it too badly...
Thanks - his contract ends in Jan and if we (EVER) get the visa we could just take off if they finished him earlier, so that isn't too much of a worry. (One of the reasons we are moving is because of his work uncertainty anyway.)

The other thing which will be affected is the exchange rate - it was at 2.2 today. Bet it goes down now. Bugger, we were waiting for exchange to forward fix a rate....:curse:
Old Sep 15th 2008, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks - his contract ends in Jan and if we (EVER) get the visa we could just take off if they finished him earlier, so that isn't too much of a worry. (One of the reasons we are moving is because of his work uncertainty anyway.)

The other thing which will be affected is the exchange rate - it was at 2.2 today. Bet it goes down now. Bugger, we were waiting for exchange to forward fix a rate....:curse:
You can fix a rate with ukforex. If you sign up with them. They'll keep nagging you for funds though even when you tell them you're still waiting on them!!!!
Old Sep 15th 2008, 3:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
You can fix a rate with ukforex. If you sign up with them. They'll keep nagging you for funds though even when you tell them you're still waiting on them!!!!
Thanks hun - we didn't want to do that until we are 100% we will have the money as they can do you for breach of contract if you don't honour the agreement.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks hun - we didn't want to do that until we are 100% we will have the money as they can do you for breach of contract if you don't honour the agreement.
They can but sure so what if you're not in the country lol. I guess if it mounts into the thousands then it becomes an issue.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 4:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

They can but sure so what if you're not in the country lol. I guess if it mounts into the thousands then it becomes an issue.
LOl, UKforex are part of the same company as Ozforex..... think they might find you. It is rather a lot of money, so they would definately be after us.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

LOl, UKforex are part of the same company as Ozforex..... think they might find you. It is rather a lot of money, so they would definately be after us.
Ah you're just not up for taking risks lol.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 5:14 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Tiger. Just spoken to my solicitor and they say we can't exchange because the buyer hasn't paid the deposit. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:curse:

Apparently his solicitor didn't hink to ask for it.
I'm just lost for words - i take it they'll be ready for tomorrow?
Old Sep 15th 2008, 6:22 pm
we're there!

AshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant future

the interest rate will have to be variable based on how likely you are to hunt me down for it!

what line of work is your OH in?

don't say that - i'm hoping the rate goes up to $2.25/$2.30 when we're ready to convert...
Old Sep 15th 2008, 7:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ah you're just not up for taking risks lol.
Not this sort.

Originally Posted by mary1967
I'm just lost for words - i take it they'll be ready for tomorrow?
God knows! Knowing our buyer he will post a cheque....

Originally Posted by AshyB
the interest rate will have to be variable based on how likely you are to hunt me down for it!

100% certainty I'll track you down.

what line of work is your OH in?

He's in It but has worked for the big 4 for the past 10 years managing mergers of systems when they buy out smaller banks.

don't say that - i'm hoping the rate goes up to $2.25/$2.30 when we're ready to convert...
I was hoping that too, but if they drop the UK interest rates - which they say they will in October, the exchange rate will suffer as the Ozzie interest rate is higher.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

jane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant future

Not this sort.

God knows! Knowing our buyer he will post a cheque....

I was hoping that too, but if they drop the UK interest rates - which they say they will in October, the exchange rate will suffer as the Ozzie interest rate is higher.
Oh well there goes my house profit in the credit crunch, in the interest rate downturn. Think I may actually be cursed!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.