business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Old Jan 12th 2006, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Jamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really nice
Default Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
I'll call you Jamie!

Can you email me your number?

Best regards.
Done!
Old Jan 12th 2006, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

foxychic is an unknown quantity at this point

It seems my computer has been messing around with the alerts again! I can't help with the budget question either as Adelaide don't require it in such depth. Soem calculations I used for predictions of spending though, I worked out english cost and converted it, in my document, I then explained what I had done and the rate used and that my reasons were that some things were so difficult to accurately research from the UK. They seemed happy with that.

Now, I wouldn't say I was sitting back saying "chill" in my mind to all the stresses of selling a business, but I didn't really think about it so much, therefore didn't stress about it, HOWEVER, now we have joined those of you actively trying to sell your business, I AM SO BLOODY IMPATIENT!!! We have someone seriously interested but who doesn't appear to have the money in place, we suggested he look at investing with a partner, great idea, apart from the 'partner' has now not turned up to look at our shop for 3 different days. He is either messing our original interested party around, or messing us around, either way I think he is being RUDE. So, I see where you are all coming from now, it is so frustrating. We are going to give this guy till the end of the week then we are off pursuing alternative was of attracting buyers.

In the meantime, rather than get to the end of May and be forced to validate or drop prices under pressure, we are going to take a trip mid Feb, to catch some sun, hopefully finalise areas, maybe buy a car and take the pressure off.

Happy New Year to you all.

FC

ps - Rogue, is there another get together before you go, as there are still 4 of us fairly locally aren't there?
Old Jan 12th 2006, 8:20 pm
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by foxychic
It seems my computer has been messing around with the alerts again! I can't help with the budget question either as Adelaide don't require it in such depth. Soem calculations I used for predictions of spending though, I worked out english cost and converted it, in my document, I then explained what I had done and the rate used and that my reasons were that some things were so difficult to accurately research from the UK. They seemed happy with that.

Now, I wouldn't say I was sitting back saying "chill" in my mind to all the stresses of selling a business, but I didn't really think about it so much, therefore didn't stress about it, HOWEVER, now we have joined those of you actively trying to sell your business, I AM SO BLOODY IMPATIENT!!! We have someone seriously interested but who doesn't appear to have the money in place, we suggested he look at investing with a partner, great idea, apart from the 'partner' has now not turned up to look at our shop for 3 different days. He is either messing our original interested party around, or messing us around, either way I think he is being RUDE. So, I see where you are all coming from now, it is so frustrating. We are going to give this guy till the end of the week then we are off pursuing alternative was of attracting buyers.

In the meantime, rather than get to the end of May and be forced to validate or drop prices under pressure, we are going to take a trip mid Feb, to catch some sun, hopefully finalise areas, maybe buy a car and take the pressure off.

FC

ps - Rogue, is there another get together before you go, as there are still 4 of us fairly locally aren't there?
Hey FC!

Oh, I wish you so much luck in this area! Its so infuriating to be messed around!!! I really dont blame you for taking an early trip to validate and get some sun!

In our experience, we thought we would be sold (big time) by Nov/Dec, and here we are in Jan - still no further forward!! Our original so called buyers have vanished, our new buyer (here's hoping!) has a place to sell! ARGH!!!! We just wanna go!! We have a 14th Feb deadline to meet for goodness sake!!!

Seriously though, lots of good wishes for everything!

Nicola
x
Old Jan 13th 2006, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The Vallies
Hey FC!

We have a 14th Feb deadline to meet for goodness sake!!!

Seriously though, lots of good wishes for everything!

Nicola
x
Nicola,

What are you going to do about your deadline? Have you got flights booked, I only ask because I am trying to book flights to fit in around the school holidays at the moment and am finding it really hard to get available flights.

I contacted the interested party last night (you just don't know what to do really as don't want to seem too keen but don't want to wait around for ages) and I am glad I did, he is still really keen and today is sending off an application for finance, so fingers crossed, still looking good.

All the best with it all

rachel
Old Jan 13th 2006, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

Boogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the rough

FC

Hi FC

Hope your deal gets sorted so you can move forward. We put our business on the market about 3 weeks before Christmas so didn't expect any movement before now. I know some people have had details but nothing on the table for us yet. All in good time I'm sure.

Our deadline is end June, but we'd like to go end April latest really, all subject to at least one of our things selling! You're right, it is so frustrating - we can't even seem to sell some old furniture we've had hanging around for a few months!

Am I remembering correctly that you had to get a new passport for one of your children? I know Nicola did but that was before the Visa got issued. We have to renew Emilys and it's already got the Visa in - I think we just have to carry both passports with us when we go but wanted to check if anybody on here had any other thoughts?

Best of luck

Chrissy
Old Jan 13th 2006, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Boogie65
Am I remembering correctly that you had to get a new passport for one of your children? I know Nicola did but that was before the Visa got issued. We have to renew Emilys and it's already got the Visa in - I think we just have to carry both passports with us when we go but wanted to check if anybody on here had any other thoughts?

Best of luck

Chrissy
Hi Chrissy,

We did get a new passport for one of ours but we held the visa back till we got it so that it would go in the new one. I believe you are correct, you will have to carry them both around.

If you are thinking of going April, I have just been told in my quest for flights for Feb that Quantas last night issued a great deal that applies to flights in April, might be worth booking. I am really struggling to get dates for Feb

Rachel
Old Jan 13th 2006, 1:28 pm
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of

Nicola,

What are you going to do about your deadline? Have you got flights booked, I only ask because I am trying to book flights to fit in around the school holidays at the moment and am finding it really hard to get available flights.

I contacted the interested party last night (you just don't know what to do really as don't want to seem too keen but don't want to wait around for ages) and I am glad I did, he is still really keen and today is sending off an application for finance, so fingers crossed, still looking good.

All the best with it all

rachel
Hi Rachel

No nothing booked as yet! We will wait till we have a firm date and then take our chances trying to find flights I think!

Fingers crossed (and toes and everything!) with your interested party!!

Nicola
x
Old Jan 13th 2006, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

Boogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the rough

Hi Chrissy,

We did get a new passport for one of ours but we held the visa back till we got it so that it would go in the new one. I believe you are correct, you will have to carry them both around.

If you are thinking of going April, I have just been told in my quest for flights for Feb that Quantas last night issued a great deal that applies to flights in April, might be worth booking. I am really struggling to get dates for Feb

Rachel
Oh thanks Rachel, I'll check the flights out with Quantas then. We're favouring Sing Airlines up to now as it's working out around £1600 for all four of us for the one way with a stopover (a couple of days in Sing for a bit of adventure and to break up the journey).

Can't wait till we can actually book to go.

Best wishes
Chrissy
Old Jan 13th 2006, 5:17 pm
Aussie Citizen

Location: Iz Tralia (as said by my 3-yr-old son)... and LOVING it..!!
Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

I don't believe in all that, "don't speak too soon.... don't tempt fate" stuff, so I'll tell ya a secret.......

Sold.... again...

Sooo... anyone fancy starting a 'book' on whether this one will last longer than the last (3 days) offer me good odds and I'll bet on it myself... might be a more secure way of earning a bob-or-two than selling houses..!!

We've been given the full asking price - again..!! They have a house to sell, but they're so keen to get ours that they've just put theirs on with our agents at a very keen price... time will tell.

They're coming back for another look round (measure up etc) on Sunday... and we've got another viewer tomorrow.

I'll keep y'all posted.

Rogue x

Last edited by Rogue Trader; Jan 13th 2006 at 5:20 pm.
Old Jan 13th 2006, 5:19 pm
Victoria Bound

Stevef1968 is on a distinguished road

Bryan, Bengyboo, Jamie & Alan (plus anyone else if I've missed you out),
Many thanks for the info and advice, I'm sure it will be helpful.
To those of you who started this thread off (if you're still around) thanks, it's a great resource and confidence booster.

Steve.
Old Jan 13th 2006, 5:26 pm
www.perthcrest.com.au

Originally Posted by Rogue Trader

I don't believe in all that, "don't speak too soon.... don't tempt fate" stuff, so I'll tell ya a secret.......

Nice one you guys! Loads of luck with this one!!!

Keep us posted!

Nicola
x
Old Jan 13th 2006, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rogue Trader

Sold.... again...

Sooo... anyone fancy starting a 'book' on whether this one will last longer than the last (3 days) offer me good odds and I'll bet on it myself... might be a more secure way of earning a bob-or-two than selling houses..!!

We've been given the full asking price - again..!! They have a house to sell, but they're so keen to get ours that they've just put theirs on with our agents at a very keen price... time will tell.

They're coming back for another look round (measure up etc) on Sunday... and we've got another viewer tomorrow.

I'll keep y'all posted.

Rogue x

Excellent news Rogue! Fingers crossed for you it lasts all the way to the dotted line!

No sniff of any viewings for us unfortunately, but still keeping smiling and hopeful

Best wishes
Chrissy
Old Jan 13th 2006, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

Just saw Mrs Rogue and she told me the news. Fingers crossed it all goes well.
Old Jan 13th 2006, 10:35 pm
Aussie Citizen

Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

Cheers all

Rogue x
Old Jan 13th 2006, 10:37 pm
Aussie Citizen

Just saw Mrs Rogue and she told me the news. Fingers crossed it all goes well.
Hmmmm... fancy running into Mrs Rogue - unplanned - in a pub on a Friday afternoon...

You two will be getting a reputation...!!!
Oops... too late

Rogue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.