AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Old Dec 28th 2008, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by vickie
G'DAY!

Wow! My first aussie post! Hope, wherever you all are, you had a fab christmas and I wish you a happy new year!

Well, we arrived at Sydney at 7.30 in the morning on 3rd December. My 4 year old had us in tears before we even boarded as he told a little boy at the airport that his nana was crying cos we're moving to Australia. The flight was brill (singapore airlines) and the boys weren't phased by the distance at all.

We've been staying with Anto's Auntie and Uncle but have signed a 6 month rental nearby, with a granny annex for the Pommes, and swimming pool-much to all our delight!

My 7 year old has been enrolled into primary (year 3, which he was at home incidently!) and we are all very settled.

We will be looking for jobs in the new year, although OH has had a few casual days plumbing.

Catch up soon,

Love vic x
G'Day to you also and welcome.

Sounds like you are settling well. Enjoy 2009

Caroline x
Old Dec 28th 2008, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

ianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this point

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Augustees, we still check in on you all, hope everyone here had a fab first Aussie Christmas, and those not here have a safe journey,cant believe some of you still waiting for visa's
Old Dec 28th 2008, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Melbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really nice

Hi Everyone !!

Well - we have packed our way through Christmas ... not what I was hoping for - but them's the breaks.

Our movers arrive tomorrow morning and we have to be out of the house by lunch time as our tenants arrive some time after 1pm. EEKKKK.

We fly to Melbourne on 30 January - so no doubt we'll be on an enormous emotional roller coaster for the next month.

Won't have much access to the computer after this evening - but will check when I can.

Happy New Year to one and all !!

Melbourne
Old Dec 28th 2008, 8:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vickie
G'DAY!

Wow! My first aussie post! Hope, wherever you all are, you had a fab christmas and I wish you a happy new year!

Well, we arrived at Sydney at 7.30 in the morning on 3rd December. My 4 year old had us in tears before we even boarded as he told a little boy at the airport that his nana was crying cos we're moving to Australia. The flight was brill (singapore airlines) and the boys weren't phased by the distance at all.

We've been staying with Anto's Auntie and Uncle but have signed a 6 month rental nearby, with a granny annex for the Pommes, and swimming pool-much to all our delight!

My 7 year old has been enrolled into primary (year 3, which he was at home incidently!) and we are all very settled.

We will be looking for jobs in the new year, although OH has had a few casual days plumbing.

Catch up soon,

Love vic x
Yay glad it went smoothly!- now change your location on your signature
Where in Sydney area are you?
Old Dec 29th 2008, 7:21 am
Vickie

vickie will become famous soon enoughvickie will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Yay glad it went smoothly!- now change your location on your signature
Where in Sydney area are you?
updated! X
Old Dec 29th 2008, 10:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Melbourne
Hi Everyone !!

Well - we have packed our way through Christmas ... not what I was hoping for - but them's the breaks.

Our movers arrive tomorrow morning and we have to be out of the house by lunch time as our tenants arrive some time after 1pm. EEKKKK.

We fly to Melbourne on 30 January - so no doubt we'll be on an enormous emotional roller coaster for the next month.

Won't have much access to the computer after this evening - but will check when I can.

Happy New Year to one and all !!

Melbourne
At last!!! Good luck hun. Have a safe journey and keep us updated

Caroline x
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 11:39 am

dinner-dash is an unknown quantity at this point

how many of our august 2007 club fly out in the near future.

had a offer on house this morning.............only £85k off the asking price, only you say, we have friends who have accepted worse and truly believe it will drop by as much as 50%, their solicitor who is doing the sale has informed them he is doing transactions at 2003 prices.

House prices in our area are not falling they are bloody plummeting !!!!!!!
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

hairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nice

Originally Posted by dinner-dash
how many of our august 2007 club fly out in the near future.

had a offer on house this morning.............only £85k off the asking price, only you say, we have friends who have accepted worse and truly believe it will drop by as much as 50%, their solicitor who is doing the sale has informed them he is doing transactions at 2003 prices.

House prices in our area are not falling they are bloody plummeting !!!!!!!
i know what you mean, a couple of weeks ago we had a couple look at our house, came back for a second look ( promising.. i thought)... heard nothing. then my husband called the agent only to be told that they had put an offer in.... £45k below asking price! the thing is we've already dropped our asking price by £40K
the way things are heading i can't see us ever getting to Oz
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 9:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hairart
i know what you mean, a couple of weeks ago we had a couple look at our house, came back for a second look ( promising.. i thought)... heard nothing. then my husband called the agent only to be told that they had put an offer in.... £45k below asking price! the thing is we've already dropped our asking price by £40K
Ouch, I feel for you- can you afford to accept?
Over here we are trying to buy and people are still not accepting that the market has changed, and are holding out for seriously overvalued prices, so that there is little that is selling in this particular spot. A house is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it, and if no one wants to buy it at the price you want/need, then it isn't worth the amount you want. It doesn't matter how much you have spent on it or how great it is, if you are stuck with it.
We just can't afford to buy what we want here, having dropped our price in the UK, but we will compromise so at least we can still live part of the "dream" so to speak.
Old Jan 4th 2009, 7:04 am

dinner-dash is an unknown quantity at this point

look at this for example

http://www.propertysnake.co.uk/site/detail/21946558

Last edited by dinner-dash; Jan 4th 2009 at 7:13 am.
Old Jan 4th 2009, 7:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by dinner-dash
I don't believe that is accurate- must be a joke!
Old Jan 5th 2009, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

hairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nice

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
I don't believe that is accurate- must be a joke!

my thoughts too.... the agent didn't want to tell me because he thought they were taking the P***
Old Jan 5th 2009, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

my thoughts too.... the agent didn't want to tell me because he thought they were taking the P***
i used to work in an estate agents, and it was against the law not to report every offer.....however stupid
things could have changed, but i doubt it

good luck selling your house
lisa
Old Jan 5th 2009, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lolylew
i used to work in an estate agents, and it was against the law not to report every offer.....however stupid
things could have changed, but i doubt it

good luck selling your house
lisa

thanks

and good luck with your new beginning in Perth. i see it's only next week, have a safe journey.
Old Jan 5th 2009, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

thanks

and good luck with your new beginning in Perth. i see it's only next week, have a safe journey.
yes we fly sunday.......have sooo much to do, and theres me on the blummin computer - shippers coming round tomorrow, havent even packed our clothes we're taking gonna go an start it now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.