Wikiposts

AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Old Nov 5th 2007, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

Santos has a brilliant futureSantos has a brilliant futureSantos has a brilliant futureSantos has a brilliant futureSantos has a brilliant futureSantos has a brilliant futureSantos has a brilliant future
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

I am hoping that within a year I should be ready to go.
Perhaps this is optimistic!
Old Nov 5th 2007, 12:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Santos
I am hoping that within a year I should be ready to go.
Perhaps this is optimistic!
Hi again Santos. *waves*.

I think at the moment it is anyones guess. I seriously hope that it will be spring time, but who knows, processing is known for speeding up and slowing down which makes them terribly hard to predict.
Old Nov 5th 2007, 1:37 am
BE Enthusiast

ianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TMRE
We are working on June/July being the worst case scenario! Trouble is if it gets beyond May time we will stay until the end of our eldest daughters school year anyway. OH hates his job as well but he gets a bonus in January that is paid in his March pay packet.Means he has to stay now otherwise it's usually quite a good amount. He hopes to resign the day after it has gone in the bank account so don't want to stay in UK eating into it for too long.
Good luck hopefully they will start moving quicker soon
Work naff for me too!, but have to stick it out until our case officer validates my work reference and the 10points we are claiming for specific work experience!
Dare not leave until that happens, also looks like I will be staying with the company in Australia if/when we eventually get there, so just have to keep positive and stick it out here until our case officer has done his/her work!
Old Nov 5th 2007, 4:13 am
Just Joined

The Newmans is an unknown quantity at this point

I know what you all mean. I'm too chicken to put the house on the market until we are called for medicals so the waiting is just driving me mad. Our friends went 1st October missing them and so jealous they are already there. Still it's good to hear all their advice so I find making lists of things I need to do helps- Sad!!!

Zoe
Old Nov 5th 2007, 4:27 am
BE Forum Addict

suesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by The Newmans
I know what you all mean. I'm too chicken to put the house on the market until we are called for medicals so the waiting is just driving me mad. Our friends went 1st October missing them and so jealous they are already there. Still it's good to hear all their advice so I find making lists of things I need to do helps- Sad!!!

Zoe
How is the housing market where u r as friends of mine have had house on the market for nearly a yr with no luck. So may be worth finding out how the market is or just putting house on market

Does this make any sense never mind think u get the jist lol

Suexx
Old Nov 5th 2007, 5:51 am
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by The Newmans

Zoe
I would advise you to put your house on the market asap, houses where we are living were selling like mad in May/June of this year for up to 50k more than asking price so we thought we would sell ours no problem. However this was not the case! We put our house up for sale the second week in July, only had 4 viewers (3 of these didnt even have their house up for sale and the last viewing was the last week in August . Everyone I speek to keeps saying that prices are going to crash which isnt helping the matter even though all the experts are saying this isnt going to happen. I think everyone is scared to buy a house at the minute because of this. It is rather depressing.

Gillian
Old Nov 5th 2007, 5:56 am
BE Enthusiast

hairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nice

i think we'll put ours on the market in the spring, now is not a good time this close to christmas.
Old Nov 5th 2007, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

yep, spring! no sense in putting it up now so close to xmas when none has any money left

so we'll use this time to do some cosmetics on the house and then in spring it'll go up for sale! 'fingers crossed' for us all

OH wants to leave asap really - but we'll have to wait till end of may at least - so if we need to go into rented for a while at least it'll help with the sorting things out
Old Nov 5th 2007, 10:42 am
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lee and Joanne
Hi All
Thought I would let you see the email I received this morning from my agent in Brisbane. Contacted her on Friday asking the usual questions. Also asked about re applying for the 175 visa. Hope this helps

Joanne

If all runs to schedule, you can expect a decision to be made in February, as the application was lodged in August and the average processing time for Skilled – Independent visas with occupations on the demand list are given a processing estimate of six months or so. At the moment, however, we are experiencing delays with the issue of Acknowledgement letters, and it is too early to tell whether the outcome time will be affected, seeing as all applications that were lodged in July/August are only at the stage of being issued a late Acknowledgement. All applications that were lodged in April/May have been running to schedule, but the applications that are facing late Acknowledgements are those that were lodged closer to September. It has been mentioned by Immigration, though, that the late issuing of Acknowledgements will not affect the time it takes to be allocated a case officer or the outcome times as quoted on Immigration’s website. The best I can do is say that it will probably be at least February before a decision is made on your case.

There is the option of lodging a 175 visa, however you will have to pay another $2060 for lodgement of this application and also you will have to sit an English test before we can lodge. This is because as of September 1 it came into effect that people from native English speaking countries (such as the UK) will only get an automatic 15 points for English unless they sit an English test and score 7 or better on each component (reading, listening, writing, speaking). Upon achieving 7 or better, you will be awarded 25 points for English. The results will need to be obtained prior to lodgement of a 175 application.
I'm so glad things finally seem to have started moving for us augustees still counting the days till my money is taken (app received 19 august) but can feel it getting closer.
would be lovely if we got our decisions in feb I'd be able to fly more or less straight back out after my christmas reccie.
Old Nov 5th 2007, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Our house has been on the market about 7 weeks - OMG the stress is unreal. I am expecting things to slow down to halt now christmas is 7 weeks away
Old Nov 5th 2007, 9:36 pm
Just Joined

The Newmans is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sue

We are in Redditch in Worcestershire. Think I'm gonna take on the advice given by all and do some tarting up over Christmas and then put it on the market. It will take me some time to de clutter as with all the kids toys we have. Thinking about it I could probably buy my dream house in Oz if I sold all their toys!!! Now there's an idea!!!

Zoe
Old Nov 5th 2007, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

Caddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really nice

OMG We have 'confirmation of receipt of application' and money has been taken !!!
We are finally in the system !!!

Our application was received at ASPC on Aug 6th.

Alison xx
Old Nov 5th 2007, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

PIPPADEE will become famous soon enoughPIPPADEE will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Caddy the cat lover
OMG We have 'confirmation of receipt of application' and money has been taken !!!

Alison xx
Well done , we our 6th Aug as well but heard nothing today , maybe tomorrow
Old Nov 5th 2007, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

hairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nice

Originally Posted by Caddy the cat lover

Alison xx
excellent!!
Old Nov 5th 2007, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really nice

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
Well done, go and celebrate, I'm really pleased to hear the good news.

Joanne

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.