Attaching documents_Citizenship

Old May 18th 2012, 9:18 pm
Tarun

tarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nice
Default Attaching documents_Citizenship

Hey guys,

So, after 7 years, I have gotten around to lodging a citizenship application . Everything went well, including payment (always does...), but I got stuck at the part where you attach documents to support your application.

The system allowed me to upload only one document. I tried quite a few times, but to no avail. Does anyone know if this will be a problem or can I simply take certified copies of everything when they ask me to come in for the test?

Replies appreciated and many thanks

Regards

Tarun
Old May 20th 2012, 1:00 pm
Banned

aussie_1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Attaching documents_Citizenship

Originally Posted by tarunrajan
Hey guys,

So, after 7 years, I have gotten around to lodging a citizenship application . Everything went well, including payment (always does...), but I got stuck at the part where you attach documents to support your application.

The system allowed me to upload only one document. I tried quite a few times, but to no avail. Does anyone know if this will be a problem or can I simply take certified copies of everything when they ask me to come in for the test?

Replies appreciated and many thanks

Regards

Tarun
Hi Tarun

It happened with me as well but don't worry at this stage.

when DIAC will invite you for interview take one photo copy (certified) of each documents you are trying to upload.

In my case, i rang Department and they advised me to bring certified copies of all the relevant documents required (its good idea to keep one set of certified documents in any case they missed it).

At this time they will only check your eligibility and validity of your application and they will check all relevant documents at interview time.
Old May 21st 2012, 12:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

I uploaded all mine (enough for 3 people!) and only one showed. I spoke to the Department and apparently they do get everything that is uploaded, it's just that you only get to see one of the documents on your screen (duh! ). I pointed out that they now had all my documents three times as I had tried over the weekend to reload them a couple of times. Apparently this happens a lot!

You'd think they'd change the screen, wouldn't you!

Got test on 5th June so all good!
Old May 21st 2012, 12:54 am
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere
I uploaded all mine (enough for 3 people!) and only one showed. I spoke to the Department and apparently they do get everything that is uploaded, it's just that you only get to see one of the documents on your screen (duh! ). I pointed out that they now had all my documents three times as I had tried over the weekend to reload them a couple of times. Apparently this happens a lot!

same happened to me too and a few others on here.
Old May 21st 2012, 1:15 am
Tarun

tarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nice

Hey, thanks for that. When did you lodge your application?
Old May 21st 2012, 1:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

20th April.
Old May 21st 2012, 1:25 am
Tarun

20th April.
WOWOW That was quick. Good luck with the test. Does everyone in the family need to sit the test or is it just the adults?

I applied only on Friday last week. Hope mine comes up soon.

Regards
Old May 21st 2012, 1:26 am
Tarun

Originally Posted by aussie_1
Hi Tarun

It happened with me as well but don't worry at this stage.

when DIAC will invite you for interview take one photo copy (certified) of each documents you are trying to upload.

In my case, i rang Department and they advised me to bring certified copies of all the relevant documents required (its good idea to keep one set of certified documents in any case they missed it).

At this time they will only check your eligibility and validity of your application and they will check all relevant documents at interview time.
Thanks mate! I feel better. I already have a full set, just need a copy of the utilities notice.
Old May 21st 2012, 1:28 am
BE Enthusiast

WOWOW That was quick. Good luck with the test. Does everyone in the family need to sit the test or is it just the adults?

I applied only on Friday last week. Hope mine comes up soon.

Regards
Just the adults. Hubby has DD on his application. I'm on my own. Other two kiddlies were born here and have Aus passports already. Non-citizen children do need to be on the application though if you want them to get citizenship too.
Old Jul 9th 2012, 9:47 am
Tarun

Hey guys, i know timelines are extremely vague, but going off the DIAC site where it says the department will contact you within 10 days, "After your application is received the department will contact you by post or email within 10 working days. You may also be given a date and time for your citizenship appointment at this time", I am wondering if there is something wrong with my application or if I should contact DIAC and tell them I lodged an application on the 18th of May.

My online application status says that application is being further processed, but that is dated 21/5/2012.

Just a little concerned. Should I be or is this okay?

Regards
Old Jul 10th 2012, 2:33 am
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light

Hey guys, i know timelines are extremely vague, but going off the DIAC site where it says the department will contact you within 10 days, "After your application is received the department will contact you by post or email within 10 working days. You may also be given a date and time for your citizenship appointment at this time", I am wondering if there is something wrong with my application or if I should contact DIAC and tell them I lodged an application on the 18th of May.

My online application status says that application is being further processed, but that is dated 21/5/2012.

Just a little concerned. Should I be or is this okay?

Regards
No harm in calling them. I would after 6 weeks.
Old Jul 10th 2012, 3:06 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

check your email spam folder first.
Old Jul 10th 2012, 5:48 am
Tarun

Rang up DIAC today. Operator said someone should have contacted me by now and forwarded my message to case officer.

Went through spam folder, nothing there. Just have to wait I guess.
Old Jul 10th 2012, 5:57 am
Melbourne Rock City

Rang up DIAC today. Operator said someone should have contacted me by now and forwarded my message to case officer.

Went through spam folder, nothing there. Just have to wait I guess.
While you are waiting...:

http://www.freetetris.org/game.php
Old Jul 10th 2012, 5:59 am
Tarun

I keep running . Ran the gold coast marathon earlier this month. off to sydney in september.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.