April 2010 Visa Applicants

Old Apr 9th 2011, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

venkiiz is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: April 2010 Visa Applicants

Hi all

I am April 2010 Applicant. Got a CO assigned only yesterday from Team 4
Requested for additional documentation on English Proficiency
In the letter it has been mentioned to show atleast Competant English proficiency. I have got a band score of 6.5.

Question 1: Will this Band score good enough or I need to write the test again. Next test date is available only on May 7th for GT & 28th April for AT.
( Got 28 days left with me )

Question 2: I have a change in Circumstance of changing my job. Can I join both the related documents in a single email and send to CO ?

Can you please advise me ?

Regards

Venkiiz
Old Apr 10th 2011, 3:53 am
Just Joined

rebejes3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: April 2010 Visa Applicants

Originally Posted by venkiiz
Hi all

I am April 2010 Applicant. Got a CO assigned only yesterday from Team 4
Requested for additional documentation on English Proficiency
In the letter it has been mentioned to show atleast Competant English proficiency. I have got a band score of 6.5.

Question 1: Will this Band score good enough or I need to write the test again. Next test date is available only on May 7th for GT & 28th April for AT.
( Got 28 days left with me )

Question 2: I have a change in Circumstance of changing my job. Can I join both the related documents in a single email and send to CO ?

Can you please advise me ?

Regards

Venkiiz
Hi Venkiiz....
Congratulations on getting a CO

Regarding Q 1 , as far as i know Competent English proficiency means 6 in all the four components (L,R,W and S) if you got 6 in each component you may not require to sit for another ielts and can save money too

Could you pls tell us did you use an agent? Have you received the recent mysterious mail from DIAC on 18th or 21st March?? (some of the Cat 3 applicants got that mail)

Thank you

Last edited by rebejes3; Apr 10th 2011 at 4:17 am.
Old Apr 10th 2011, 6:46 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rebejes3
Hi Venkiiz....
Congratulations on getting a CO

Regarding Q 1 , as far as i know Competent English proficiency means 6 in all the four components (L,R,W and S) if you got 6 in each component you may not require to sit for another ielts and can save money too

Could you pls tell us did you use an agent? Have you received the recent mysterious mail from DIAC on 18th or 21st March?? (some of the Cat 3 applicants got that mail)

Thank you
hi rebejes3

I dint go through any agent. I am doing this whole processs by self.

Also I have got only 95 points on total & I am expecting IELTS to add the remaining points. I am not sure if this will meet the requirements

I havn't got any mail from DIAC as you mentioned. What is it about ? can you share the suimmary of the email ?

Thanks you
Old Apr 10th 2011, 7:15 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by venkiiz
hi rebejes3

I dint go through any agent. I am doing this whole processs by self.

Also I have got only 95 points on total & I am expecting IELTS to add the remaining points. I am not sure if this will meet the requirements

I havn't got any mail from DIAC as you mentioned. What is it about ? can you share the suimmary of the email ?

Thanks you
Thanks Could you please tell me which country you belong to? I just enclosed the copy of the email which had been sent by DIAC to selected applicants on 18th or 21st March

Good luck

here u go....

I am writing to advise that your application will soon be allocated to a case officer for assessment.

Under the Priority Processing arrangements for General Skilled Migration the highest priority is given to Priority Group 2 - applications from people who are nominated by a state or territory government agency with a nominated occupation that is specified on that state or territory's state migration plan.

Processing of Priority Group 2 applications is such they are now being allocated to a case officer to be assessed within a fortnight of receipt of their State/ Territory nomination form (Form 1100).

Subsequently, processing has recommenced on Priority Group 3 applications in date of lodgement order within this priority grouping.

Your application has been determined as Priority Group 3. The Department anticipates that your application will be allocated to a case officer for assessment within three months from the date of this letter. Applications that are complete are likely to be finalised more quickly.

To find out more information about the priority processing arrangements in place, see: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...rangements.htm

Completing your application

This letter refers to yourself and all members of your family unit listed in your application, irrespective of whether or not they are migrating with you. Members of your family unit include the following persons (as applicable):
a spouse,
dependent children,
children born after your application was lodged, and
a dependent widowed parent.

All members of your family unit included in your application, can now:

1. Undertake your health and character clearances if you have not already done so. For instructions on how to do this, see below: Instructions for Health and Character clearances
2. Complete Form 80: Personal particulars for character assessment (See below: Form 80)
3. Update the Department on any change to your circumstances since lodgement of your application (if any). For information on how to do this, see below: Change in circumstances
4. Provide any documents relevant to your application that you have not already provided.

If all of the above are completed prior to your case being allocated, your application may be able to be finalised promptly when first assessed by a case officer.

Instructions for Health and Character clearances

Information on the health clearance process is available at: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/health-requirements/. To obtain the forms required for a health examination, visit https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/inquiry...o?action=eVisa. From here you will need to log into your eVisa application. The Health forms (160EH and 26EH) are available to be downloaded from the 'Document Checklist' link.

Information on how to initiate Character clearances is available at: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/character-requirements/

For the Australian Government to determine whether you are of good character, police certificates are required for each country you have lived in for 12 months or more over the last ten (10) years since turning 16 years of age. This includes Australia if you have resided in Australia for 12 months or more during this period.

Each applicant included in the application aged 16 years or over will need to initiate these clearances irrespective of whether they are migrating with you.

The department is aware that in some countries a letter from the department is required before an applicant can undertake health and character clearances. This letter may be used for this purpose.

Validity of Health and Character clearances

Health and character clearances have a limited validity period, in most cases 12 months from their date of issue.

It is the validity of these clearances which determines the Initial Entry Date (IED) that is specified as a condition of the grant of a visa. That is, the IED is the date by which an applicant and any dependents included in the application must make an initial entry to Australia, and it is the earliest expiry date of all clearances which is chosen. An IED is also applicable to applicants who are already in Australia on other visas who will be required to depart Australia for the grant of this visa. All clearances must be valid for the grant of a visa.

There is some discretion to extend the validity of a clearance in certain circumstances. This discretion has been applied in the guidance given below.

If you have previously obtained health and / or character clearances see below:

If you undertook a health assessment more than 12 months ago (calculated from now) and you are unlikely to be able to make an Initial Entry to Australia within 15 months of the date of your medical assessment (if your visa is granted), you should now undertake a new health clearance.

If any of your character clearances are more than 12 months old (calculated from now) and you are unlikely to be able to make an Initial Entry to Australia within 12 months of the date of your oldest character clearance (if your visa is granted), you should now obtain a new clearance from the country(ies) in which you have resided for a period of 12 months or more since your application was lodged.

If you are still unsure as to whether you need to repeat a clearance, you should wait until your application is assessed by a case officer, as they will request any outstanding requirements.

Form 80

A new Form 80: Personal particulars for character assessment, should be completed for all applicants including dependents aged 16 years or over irrespective of whether they are migrating or not, and irrespective of whether this form(s) was provided when lodging your application. This up-to-date information will assist with the processing of an application once it is allocated.

Form 80 is available from the department's website at: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/80.pd

Change in circumstances

If the circumstances of any family members or dependents have changed since lodgement of your application and you are yet to notify the department of this change, you should do so by completing the relevant form(s) listed at: http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/visa...ies/change.htm

For example, this may include a change to your relationship status, contact information, or a birth in your family.

Providing clearances, forms and other documentation

eVisa applicants should attach any character clearances, Form 80, Change in circumstance form(s) and any relevant documentation concerning a change of circumstance (eg birth or marriage certificate), to the web-browser. For information on how to attach documents to the web-browser see: http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/genera...ttachments.htm. If you are unable to attach documents to the web-browser, or you do not have your current eVisa password, these documents should be emailed to [email protected]. Please ensure that you include your Client File Number and the Letter Reference Number (given above) in the subject line of the email.

Paper visa applicants should email [email protected] with the relevant clearances, form(s) and supporting documentation. Please ensure that you include your Client File Number and the Letter Reference (given above) in the subject line of the email.

Health clearance results will be sent to the department by the clinic you visit.

Benefit of providing Health and Character clearances now

By initiating all necessary health and character clearances now you are likely to enable your application to be assessed in a quicker timeframe once it is allocated to a case officer. It may mean that a decision can be made when first assessed, without a case officer needing to request any further documentation from you, as considerable delays can be encountered in requesting and receiving information. It is important to understand that by providing these clearances now it does not guarantee immediate processing of an application.

Rather, as mentioned above, the department expects to be able to allocate your application for assessment by a case officer within the next three months. This timeframe relates only to the initial assessment of your application. The length of time taken to process an application will be determined by any other outstanding requirements and your action to any request.

In undertaking these clearances now, you should be mindful that processing arrangements are subject to changes over time and that any such change may impact on the validity of a clearance and the order of assessment of applications. Furthermore, it should be recognised that while most applications will be processed within the validity periods of any clearances undertaken now, processing of an application may take longer in some circumstances. This is because applications vary according to their individual characteristics. Consequently, an applicant may be required to repeat a clearance at their cost due to an extended processing timeframe or in the event of a change to the current application allocation arrangements.

Further contact with the Department

As stated above, it is expected that your application will be assessed by a case officer within three months from the date of this letter. When this occurs, your case officer will inform you of any outstanding requirements, or, if all information is submitted, a decision may be made on your application.

Information on current allocation dates can be obtained by sending a blank email to [email protected]. This auto-response is updated fortnightly and will provide you with an indication of when your application is nearing allocation. Once your application is allocated to a case officer, we request you allow a further six weeks for your application to be assessed.

If you have any queries about these instructions, you should wait until you have been allocated a case officer and raise these at that time.

We encourage you to provide all the necessary information outlined above to complete your application so that it may be processed as quickly as possible once allocated to a case officer for assessment.

Yours sincerely,

General Skilled Migration
Old Apr 10th 2011, 6:55 pm
Just Joined

krooney is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I might be wrong, but I was led to believe that all IELTS scores had to be a minimum of 7 in each area in order to be acceptable (this came from my agent). I would seek clarification in case you need to book yourself on to another test date before its too late.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 10:37 am
Just Joined

Hi Rebjes3

I am from India...

I did search my email again in my inbox, there is no such email.

Did you get a CO assigned ?

Regards

Venkiiz
Old Apr 11th 2011, 10:40 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by krooney
Hi

I might be wrong, but I was led to believe that all IELTS scores had to be a minimum of 7 in each area in order to be acceptable (this came from my agent). I would seek clarification in case you need to book yourself on to another test date before its too late.
Your inputs are really valuable at this time..

1. Is Band 6.5 good enough for having 95 points + IELTS ?
2. Can I convert my existing application to have State Sponsored one >
3. If I apply for a test again, will DIAC accept the delay in providing results as I have only may 7th as next test date.

I am really in confusion on what to do , please guide me
Old Apr 11th 2011, 11:25 am
Just Joined

krooney is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I checked the immigration website and a score of 6 in IELTS shows you have competent English and therefore you will recieve 15 points. A score of 7 or above will give you 25 points and means you are proficient in English. So if you only need a further 15 points then your current IELTS results will be ok, if you need more than 15 points, then you would need to resit the IELTS and gain 7 or above.

Hope it helps a bit. As for the change in application, I am not sure, I dont see why you cant change it to state sponsored, can your CO not help?
Old Apr 11th 2011, 12:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by krooney
Hi

I checked the immigration website and a score of 6 in IELTS shows you have competent English and therefore you will recieve 15 points. A score of 7 or above will give you 25 points and means you are proficient in English. So if you only need a further 15 points then your current IELTS results will be ok, if you need more than 15 points, then you would need to resit the IELTS and gain 7 or above.

Hope it helps a bit. As for the change in application, I am not sure, I dont see why you cant change it to state sponsored, can your CO not help?
Do you think my CO can help me answering on the change of application type ?

I think I need to resit for the test to get 7 as I have only 6.5.
In such case do you think CO can extend the dates for submitting the results ?

Can you throw me some light on state sponsorship ? How do I get that ? and How long it will take to grant a state sponsor ship ?

Thanks in advance
Old Apr 15th 2011, 3:42 pm
Lets get outta here!!

nakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: April 2010 Visa Applicants

Hello all,

It has been a long time in coming, but.....

We have just been allocated a CASE OFFICER, hurrah
(Adelaide Team 4)

Hopefully, this is the start for all you fellow April 2010 applicants too!
Old Apr 15th 2011, 4:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nakered
Hello all,

(Adelaide Team 4)

Hey Congratulations
Could you pls tell us your occupation and the country??
Thank you
Old Apr 16th 2011, 12:29 pm
Lets get outta here!!

nakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to all

Originally Posted by rebejes3
Hey Congratulations
Could you pls tell us your occupation and the country??
Thank you
Occupation is Motor Mechanic, and i'm based in the UK
Old Apr 16th 2011, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Hampshire - soon to be somewhere between Brissie and Gold Coast!!!
MrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by nakered
Hello all,

(Adelaide Team 4)

Congratulations!!!!! Where are you guys heading?
Old Apr 16th 2011, 9:30 pm
Lets get outta here!!

Originally Posted by MrsE
Congratulations!!!!! Where are you guys heading?
Thanks!
We heading for Perth (my sister is a Aussie citizen there!)
Old Apr 27th 2011, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

bluesky12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mimiltonme
After 5 months from my last mail yesterday I again mailed to my CO and today got reply. I found that my CO is changed and application is still under security check. New CO mentioned that he cant give a timeframe about the completion of these checks...But in june in reply to my first email preveious CO mentioned that it will take 6-7 months to complete internal checking process..Dont know whats happening..

Feeling very sad..:-( ..
Hello April applicants,

Estimated processing time for priority case-2 is 12 months. April is going to over, does anybody has any good news?

Mimitonme, do you have any updates from CO? I have no good news yet!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.