April 2008 Applicants

Old Apr 28th 2008, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of
Default Re: April 2008 Applicants

Originally Posted by memewest
Hey.......how did you know that i am a professor of philosophy??

My OH has 2 paper visa's in his old passport and am having trouble entering the Visa No.s of them, and then we all have the ETA Visa's from our hol's....

Bu@@er.... i suppose i'll have to speak to my dad and his wife as i don't know any of her's or her son's details, d.o.b.'s, and i had no intention of informing them of our intentions either...
First of all, Meme - who is the primary applicant? They only need the information of the family of the primary applicant. If you are the main applicant, and it's your dad just want to know if married - - they don't need to know about the wife (dob, etc). If she's you (birth or adopted) mom and your the main applicant, and her children are your stepsiblings, then that information will need to be added.

Can't help you with the Visa numbers - wasn't an issue here. Maybe the blank is for 1 visa number then you have to push the add button?

HTH
Old Apr 28th 2008, 5:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: A Small Village in Somerset.......out in the sticks
memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tiger222
First of all, Meme - who is the primary applicant? They only need the information of the family of the primary applicant. If you are the main applicant, and it's your dad just want to know if married - - they don't need to know about the wife (dob, etc). If she's you (birth or adopted) mom and your the main applicant, and her children are your stepsiblings, then that information will need to be added.

Can't help you with the Visa numbers - wasn't an issue here. Maybe the blank is for 1 visa number then you have to push the add button?

HTH

Hi Tiger....

My OH is the main applicant as he has the job, although it's me doing all the paperwork as it'll never get done left up to him!!!

So does that mean it's only his parent's and sibling's to be entered?? that'll make it soooo much easier as his parents have been married for over 40yrs now and he has 1 bruv and 1 sis!!
Old Apr 28th 2008, 5:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Hi Tiger....

My OH is the main applicant as he has the job, although it's me doing all the paperwork as it'll never get done left up to him!!!

So does that mean it's only his parent's and sibling's to be entered?? that'll make it soooo much easier as his parents have been married for over 40yrs now and he has 1 bruv and 1 sis!!
Only OH family. Also they want your children and OH children if there are any from previous relationships/marriage. And any children you have together. Otherwise, don't stress about your family of origin. Just the applicant's.

If you read the question it says to enter YOUR (applicant's) Mother, Father, Step siblings, adopted, etc. It's a departure from the paper form and I had to double check that too.

Glad I could make your life easier (again!)
Old Apr 28th 2008, 5:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TinaandChris
Hi All
Chris found out today that he passed the carpentry trade assessment, and will hopefully hear back from the IELTS tomorrow, and then we too can press the button to send the 175 visa app
i filled it all in, then realised I couldn't save it, and as we don't have the IELts confirmation, I let it go
Will re do on Monday for sure. any advice on sendind documents and what is done about pages that require signatures?!!
And checklist and form 80????
Any help guys would be much appreciated.

Good luck to all

Tina
Tina -

It's Monday - did you Lodge?
Old Apr 28th 2008, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

Glad I could make your life easier (again!)

Hey, can i help it if you know much more than this country bumpkin!!
Us lives out in the sticks y'know..... dunno what us be doing on these ere pooter thingy's....

Thankyou, (once again!) Very valued informant.....cheques in the post!!
Old Apr 28th 2008, 10:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

I think i've solved my own problem!! you'd be proud of me Tiger!!

When i went a little further with the application, there was a section to put in all previously held Visa's....so i've entered all the expired visa's that any of us have ever had in there..........i'm guessing that the question about visa's at the beginning of the application is for any visa's currently held and have now left that blank....hope i've done the right thing...

Now for a RANT!! :curse:

I've been entering all details of work, duties etc..etc.. before finishing it, took a break, nipped to the loo, and when i came back, found that it's gone and i have to start that bit ALL OVER AGAIN!!! Because, like a plank, i didn't save what i had already done.... yet i have been saving each page as i go along....what a wolly!!

Rant Over....Thankyou...
Old Apr 29th 2008, 6:51 am
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of

Now for a RANT!! :curse:
Rant away, O Meme...

I wonder if there's a case for a theraputic thread called "What's Wrong With The Damn DIAC Online Visa Form Website". Posts restricted to rants driven by the frustration of dealing with obscure questions and generally wierd site design decisions. Like the fact the whenever you re-open an application you have to GO THROUGH ALL THE PAGES AGAIN EVERY SINGLE ONE WHAT THE HECK IS THAT ABOUT...

I'm going to go and have a little lie-down now.

Cheers
Ben
Old Apr 29th 2008, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by benlast
Rant away, O Meme...

I wonder if there's a case for a theraputic thread called "What's Wrong With The Damn DIAC Online Visa Form Website". Posts restricted to rants driven by the frustration of dealing with obscure questions and generally wierd site design decisions. Like the fact the whenever you re-open an application you have to GO THROUGH ALL THE PAGES AGAIN EVERY SINGLE ONE WHAT THE HECK IS THAT ABOUT...

I'm going to go and have a little lie-down now.

Cheers
Ben
Know EXACTLY what you mean about THAT Ben!!
was up until gone 2am last night trying to get this form done!! Now i need to erratically check, double check, and triple check everything that i know i have done right in the first place then get my OH to look through it, as he was playing with his new Blackberry last night whilst i was in the kitchen ranting....
I suppose having to go through ALL the pages each time makes you re-check everything AGAIN and AGAIN....thought i was mad in the first place, but think this process drives you to paranoia...
Old Apr 30th 2008, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

TinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really nice

Hi

No I didn't lodge, as after I thought about it a bit more, the girls passports need renewing and it seemed a bit dim of me to submit with old details and then to have to update again!!!
And I'm not blonde (well not this month anyway)!!

they say 2 weeks ish???

Chat soon
Tinax
Old Apr 30th 2008, 2:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well Peep's......not gonna make April after all, and I've really pushed things here to beat the clock.....to no avail.... unless any of you out there have the power to stop time for me!!

We're spending the evening tonight finalising our application, but, as Oz is 9/10 hours in front, will be May by the time we get it lodged....

I shall join the May thread instead, but will have to keep popping over for coffee and to have a gossip and a natter

So, keep that kettle on the boil.....i only take 1 small sugar in coffee....and none of that decaf cr*p thankyou....
Old Apr 30th 2008, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well Peep's......not gonna make April after all, and I've really pushed things here to beat the clock.....to no avail.... unless any of you out there have the power to stop time for me!!

We're spending the evening tonight finalising our application, but, as Oz is 9/10 hours in front, will be May by the time we get it lodged....

I shall join the May thread instead, but will have to keep popping over for coffee and to have a gossip and a natter

So, keep that kettle on the boil.....i only take 1 small sugar in coffee....and none of that decaf cr*p thankyou....
Meme, as a May 1 applicant, you'll be closer to an April anyway. I vote we make you an honorary April applicant.

As to stopping time - None of that, this process is slow enough as it is!

Besides, it will be a while before the May thread is started....so you might as well wait with us.
Old May 1st 2008, 6:11 pm

Bonzer Sheila is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bshootz
Hi guys, just like to say this is my first time on here, i sent my paper application on the 1st April and got a full reciept and acknowledgement on the 8th April, now i guess its the long long wait for the co.
We are heading to Fremantle and have a job at the hospital waiting for me when we arrive, myself(becky), husband(lee) jordan 10yrs and luke 7yrs.
Good luck to everyone,
beckyx
Do you mind if I ask what kind of Visa you were advised to apply for? Did you e-mail your application or send it to Australia? My husband has an approved Labour agreement and we were instructed on such to send all the papers to Oz. It was reassuring to hear how quickly you received the acknowledgement. Hope you don't have to wait for long!
Old May 1st 2008, 6:26 pm

Hi...new to the site but not to Australia. Lived in Sydney and travelled extensively with my family for three years, 2001 - 2004. Finally got around to doing the 'right thing'...going back (hopefully) for good.
Application finally sent off earlier this month. Going over thanks to an approved Labour Agreement. Anyone else in the same boat?
Old May 1st 2008, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bonzer Sheila
Hi...new to the site but not to Australia. Lived in Sydney and travelled extensively with my family for three years, 2001 - 2004. Finally got around to doing the 'right thing'...going back (hopefully) for good.
Application finally sent off earlier this month. Going over thanks to an approved Labour Agreement. Anyone else in the same boat?
Welcome, Sheila. Where are you planning to settle? What visa are you applying for 475?
Old May 1st 2008, 6:58 pm

Welcome, Sheila. Where are you planning to settle? What visa are you applying for 475?
Thanks for the welcome!
We were advised to apply using Form 47ES (subclass 120/855). Hope that means something to you!! My husbands prospective employers want him in September!! All appendages crossed!!
Do you know of anyone else who did all the application stuff on their own, so to speak?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.