British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   April 2008 Applicants (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/april-2008-applicants-529427/)

vanessandave Nov 28th 2008 8:33 am

Re: April 2008 Applicants

It appears there's a free CO 'cause we got our VISA today :thumbsup::thumbsup:

We will be heading to the Goldie in March, the day after our work notice period is over! fortunately we don't have a house to sell, just 3 dogs and 2 cats to organise shipping :blink:.

I would have settled for a 7 month wait at the start of the process, although sometimes it feels like we have been waiting, checking, waiting, waiting, checking, waiting (you know the score!) for years....

Good luck to everyone still waiting :D It will be worth the wait. The way I see it, is those that wait the longest will have the best feeling when it does actually happen!

Dave

memewest Nov 28th 2008 8:40 am

Originally Posted by vanessandave (Post 7017962)

We will be heading to the Goldie in March, the day after our work notice period is over! fortunately we don't have a house to sell, just 3 dogs and 2 cats to organise shipping :blink:.

I would have settled for a 7 month wait at the start of the process, although sometimes it feels like we have been waiting, checking, waiting, waiting, checking, waiting (you know the score!) for years....

Good luck to everyone still waiting :D It will be worth the wait. The way I see it, is those that wait the longest will have the best feeling when it does actually happen!

Dave

YAY!!

Congratulations Dave on getting your Visa Granted!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

lilsweets Nov 28th 2008 8:53 am

Dave

Fantastic news,

Congratulations.....WELCOME TO VISATOWN:eek::thumbsup::eek:

melbert Nov 28th 2008 9:20 am

Fab news Vanessa and Dave!!Get celebrating:beer:

Wow, I bet you're grinning from ear to ear now!!:thumbsup:

Mel:D

benlast Nov 29th 2008 12:14 am

Originally Posted by melbert (Post 7017768)
Thanks b!

I hope that's the case for us too!

We're looking at NOR, the company is providing us with loads of assistance in finding somewhere etc, but we stayed in Clarkson last time we visited and would be happy round there, Kinross, Tapping, etc don't mind really, but I guess we'll see what's available when we get there!

Oh, the ocean highway, can't wait!!:eek:

Then when you get here, take the ocean highway up to Hillarys on a Thursday lunchtime and meet up with the expat gang there. See the thread in the Meetups section :)

Cheers
b

Wez and Chris Nov 29th 2008 8:42 am

Dave

Congratulations Vanessa and Dave What a feeling hey

Wez and Chris Nov 29th 2008 8:54 am

Hey Ben and Mel you are getting me all excited now with talk of the ocean highway!!

Mel congrats on the 457 thats great I dont doubt that your PR will follow soon!!

We are going in Jan to Carramar which is close to the places that you were thinking of and as Ben said just go that drive to Hillarys thats where we take the kids to the beach when we are their you just feel slightly safer because there is a wall around it you know for the big fish!!!!:rofl:

Sorry if I missed this as havent been on much lately been busy telling everyone the good news and oh yes trying to organise the house:curse: Anyway when are you planning on going?

melbert Nov 29th 2008 10:32 am

Originally Posted by benlast (Post 7019827)
Then when you get here, take the ocean highway up to Hillarys on a Thursday lunchtime and meet up with the expat gang there. See the thread in the Meetups section :)

Cheers
b

Cheers Ben, You'll probably have to remind me when we actually get there about Thursdays, I'll probably have forgotten!! We had a meal there this year on my birthday!! Yummy!!!

Originally Posted by Wez and Chris (Post 7020345)
Hey Ben and Mel you are getting me all excited now with talk of the ocean highway!!

Mel congrats on the 457 thats great I dont doubt that your PR will follow soon!!

We are going in Jan to Carramar which is close to the places that you were thinking of and as Ben said just go that drive to Hillarys thats where we take the kids to the beach when we are their you just feel slightly safer because there is a wall around it you know for the big fish!!!!:rofl:

Sorry if I missed this as havent been on much lately been busy telling everyone the good news and oh yes trying to organise the house:curse: Anyway when are you planning on going?

We liked Hillary's, my daughter loved the houses, think it might take me a bit too long to clean one so I think we'll stick to our plan of being a bit further up than that in a slightly smaller house, like 4 bedrooms instead of 7!!!!!

We need to be there by April at the latest, aiming for Feb/March time, just need the house to sell :(

Does, the wall stop the jellyfish??:rofl:

memewest Nov 29th 2008 10:42 am

Originally Posted by melbert (Post 7020484)
Cheers Ben, You'll probably have to remind me when we actually get there about Thursdays, I'll probably have forgotten!! We had a meal there this year on my birthday!! Yummy!!!

We liked Hillary's, my daughter loved the houses, think it might take me a bit too long to clean one so I think we'll stick to our plan of being a bit further up than that in a slightly smaller house, like 4 bedrooms instead of 7!!!!!

We need to be there by April at the latest, aiming for Feb/March time, just need the house to sell :(

Does, the wall stop the jellyfish??:rofl:

Hiya!!

Will you have any spare room in your container?? and would you like to take some of our things over for us??

Just a small prob that your going to perth and we're aiming for the Central Coast!! :lol::rofl:

Am looking into International Shipping...but i'm starting to think that getting the Visa was the easy part! :eek::ohmy:

And we have the added head f**k of trying to sort out a DECENT Letting Agent... :sneaky:

HERE WE GO AGAIN!!

melbert Nov 29th 2008 10:53 am

Originally Posted by memewest (Post 7020495)
Hiya!!

Will you have any spare room in your container?? and would you like to take some of our things over for us??

Just a small prob that your going to perth and we're aiming for the Central Coast!! :lol::rofl:

Am looking into International Shipping...but i'm starting to think that getting the Visa was the easy part! :eek::ohmy:

And we have the added head f**k of trying to sort out a DECENT Letting Agent... :sneaky:

HERE WE GO AGAIN!!

Oh, meme, you'll be fine!! It'd probably cost more for it to be shipped over from Perth to the central coast than all the way from the UK!!!

Had 2 viewings on the house last night, one booked for this morning, the one this morning cancelled about 2 minutes before they were due, one from last night made an offer on another house and the other people liked the house that the other woman has offered on! AAARRRGGGHHH!!! 6 weeks to sell or it's getting rented!

Chin up, we're all in this together (is there a song in there somewhere??:lol:)

It's bloomin freezing today too!!!:(

timebandit Nov 29th 2008 12:50 pm

Hi,

Long time reader, first time poster.

Just checked my online status this morning and found applicant approved!! What a month it has been, we have just found out our first child is on they way, fingers crossed we will be exchanging contracts on the house next week and we now have a visa. The last seven months have been a rollacoaster journey but now we can see the end of the tunnel.

For people starting out on this journey, keep faith, eventually it will be your visa grant day.

Thank you to everyone on ex pats for taking the time to post, you really have been an invaluable source of information over the last 18 months.

Hope to be in Brisbane, Wellington point area on the 21st April.
:D

I have added our details to beupdate if you want to see our timeline.

memewest Nov 29th 2008 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by timebandit (Post 7020676)
Hi,

Long time reader, first time poster.

Just checked my online status this morning and found applicant approved!! What a month it has been, we have just found out our first child is on they way, fingers crossed we will be exchanging contracts on the house next week and we now have a visa. The last seven months have been a rollacoaster journey but now we can see the end of the tunnel.

For people starting out on this journey, keep faith, eventually it will be your visa grant day.

Thank you to everyone on ex pats for taking the time to post, you really have been an invaluable source of information over the last 18 months.

Hope to be in Brisbane, Wellington point area on the 21st April.
:D

I have added our details to beupdate if you want to see our timeline.

Yay!! Timebandit.....

Welcome to BE!! :thumbsup:

What a first post to post.. :eek:

Congratulations on having your visa granted, and expecting your first child AND hopefully exchanging contracts on your house! *phew* :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Everything comes in 3's, they say..... ;)

CONGRATULATIONS again...

CharleneG Dec 2nd 2008 6:29 am

Just checked our emails this morning and found the best email I can ever remember receiving -

VISA GRANTED

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Today is going to be a good day at work:thumbsup:

chasmw Dec 2nd 2008 6:36 am

Originally Posted by CharleneG (Post 7028364)
Just checked our emails this morning and found the best email I can ever remember receiving -

VISA GRANTED

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Today is going to be a good day at work:thumbsup:

Brilliant news - many congratulations! :thumbup:

melbert Dec 2nd 2008 7:07 am

Congrats Charlene, Merry Xmas!!!