British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   April 2008 Applicants (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/april-2008-applicants-529427/)

melbert Nov 24th 2008 6:43 pm

Re: April 2008 Applicants

Originally Posted by kevncarlz (Post 7004771)
well meds and pc sent thank god:) so hope we hear something before xmas because we need some good news to come our way as my OH as just been made redundant last friday:cry_smile:

Good luck, fingers crossed it will be soon for you!

BRING IT ON!!!!

Mel:D

hanwilt Nov 24th 2008 7:13 pm

That's fabulous!! Have they asked for extra info or are you flying on through?

Lisa,x[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

Still so excited. They have asked for medicals and police checks. Medicals been a bit of a mare to organise as the 2 different sets of panel doctors close to us can't seem to find the time to do them. The one that has more time is quoting double the other! and can only do the family if we go in pairs.

Taken it but husband is away so won't tell him the other quoted alot less. Has anyone else had these issues?

Catherine when you catch up with this you will have arrived. I am so excited for you. Hope it is all you expect.

Hannah

melbert Nov 24th 2008 7:15 pm

Lisa,

Where in Glos are you?

hanwilt Nov 24th 2008 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by melbert (Post 7005116)
Lisa,

Where in Glos are you?

Lisa/Mel

Where in Glos are both of you?

We are in Wotton-Under-edge!!

melbert Nov 24th 2008 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by hanwilt (Post 7005137)
Lisa/Mel

Where in Glos are both of you?

We are in Wotton-Under-edge!!

We're in Quedgeley!! Where are you having your meds done?

hanwilt Nov 24th 2008 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by melbert (Post 7005160)
We're in Quedgeley!! Where are you having your meds done?

What a small world!

The Hadwen practice in Abbeymead

Have you had yours? A friend said they were very good. I think maybe but expensive and slow

Hannah

melbert Nov 25th 2008 5:47 am

Originally Posted by hanwilt (Post 7005232)
What a small world!

The Hadwen practice in Abbeymead

Have you had yours? A friend said they were very good. I think maybe but expensive and slow

Hannah

We went to Bristol as they would have been about £300 more to go to Abbeydale (There's 5 of us) but we had our x-rays done in GRH! How many of you are there?

helenandrob Nov 25th 2008 7:07 am

We went to Bath but should have gone to Bristol as they were much cheaper. Had the x-rays done in Bristol. There were 5 of us and cost just under £1000 all together.
Helen x

kevncarlz Nov 25th 2008 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by melbert (Post 7005031)
Good luck, fingers crossed it will be soon for you!

BRING IT ON!!!!

Thanks Mel, We sent off pcc's yesterday and phoned agent to let her know and she reckons we should have it before xmas if there's no holdups :thumbsup:

Kev

melbert Nov 25th 2008 5:05 pm

Good luck all!

BRING IT ALL ON!!!

hanwilt Nov 25th 2008 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by melbert (Post 7006664)
We went to Bristol as they would have been about £300 more to go to Abbeydale (There's 5 of us) but we had our x-rays done in GRH! How many of you are there?

Bristol would have been good because of the price but they were being really awkward about giving us an appointment. In fact the whole thing hasn't been that easy really. The coordination of 4 of us both working and the limited availability etc. We just decided that we wanted it sorted before Christmas and so decided to pay the extra. She did ask if I was happy about the price and I said no not really especially as the HIV test is on top! But then she waffled about VAT in larger practices.

I did own up to the extra cost and so my husband phoned up Bristol saying it must be the way I had dealt with it. Then he called me back to say that they were rubbish and we would go with paying more.

So medicals booked for Monday and Tuesday and X rays for end of this week. Just need to send of Police checks and it is all go I hope.

Mind you my dad gets back from Sydney in the morning and he has reports of weather being so bad they had a cinema afternoon!

I still think it's all relative though

melbert Nov 25th 2008 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by hanwilt (Post 7008980)
Bristol would have been good because of the price but they were being really awkward about giving us an appointment. In fact the whole thing hasn't been that easy really. The coordination of 4 of us both working and the limited availability etc. We just decided that we wanted it sorted before Christmas and so decided to pay the extra. She did ask if I was happy about the price and I said no not really especially as the HIV test is on top! But then she waffled about VAT in larger practices.

I did own up to the extra cost and so my husband phoned up Bristol saying it must be the way I had dealt with it. Then he called me back to say that they were rubbish and we would go with paying more.

So medicals booked for Monday and Tuesday and X rays for end of this week. Just need to send of Police checks and it is all go I hope.

Mind you my dad gets back from Sydney in the morning and he has reports of weather being so bad they had a cinema afternoon!

I still think it's all relative though

Hi there,

Are your meds booked for after your x-rays? We had to have our x-rays first and then leave it about 10 days before we had our meds for the x-rays to get there???

The weather in Sydney has been very up and down lately, there again, hasn't it been everywhere??

chasmw Nov 26th 2008 5:54 am

OUR VISA HAS BEEN GRANTED!!
At last - what a relief. We can officially live in Australia - how weird is that feeling?!

melbert Nov 26th 2008 6:13 am

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Fab news

benlast Nov 26th 2008 6:17 am

Originally Posted by chasmw (Post 7010514)
OUR VISA HAS BEEN GRANTED!!
At last - what a relief. We can officially live in Australia - how weird is that feeling?!

Fantastic news, Chris :) Many congrats. So when are you flying?

Cheers
ben