British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   April 2008 Applicants (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/april-2008-applicants-529427/)

Wez and Chris Nov 21st 2008 5:12 pm

Re: April 2008 Applicants

Originally Posted by jaq4chop (Post 6995976)
The Mystery of my missing white elephant from the garden is resolved. He set off to Australia to hunt out DIAC & give them some gentle persuasion to look at our visa application.

He must have chained himeslef to the railings & made a nuisense of himeself as this morning our agent rang to give us the wonderful news.................

WE HAVE A VISA!!!!!!!!!! Woooo HOOOOOOO:D:thumbsup::D:thumbsup::D

Now can't stop shaking / crying & can't concentrate. Off to the POst office now to send the passports off. Hope I can drive ok..........

Good luck to all those still waiting. Your turn will come.

For those interested in analysing everything to within an inch of its progress, much like myself. We applied 24 April (paper), ack 29 April, meds 2 Sep, PCs 14 Sep No CO straight to visa grant 21 Nov.

Jaq

WOW Congratulations Jaq great news!! Have a huge drink tonight it helps to calm you down .....well sort of a.....tee hee I am so pleased for you seems to be a visa Friday!!! (last week and this week):thumbsup::thumbsup:

silverski Nov 21st 2008 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by CharleneG (Post 6996519)
Many congrats.

Is anyone else who applied in April still waiting for their Visa or just us?

Hey there.

Yep we are still waiting for visa confirmation.......

Regards

Silverski

kevncarlz Nov 21st 2008 11:09 pm

We're still waiting as well, only just had our meds today and police checks being sent off on monday.

kev

nja Nov 22nd 2008 2:20 am

Originally Posted by CharleneG (Post 6996519)
Many congrats.

Is anyone else who applied in April still waiting for their Visa or just us?

We're still waiting,

tiger222 Nov 22nd 2008 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by jaq4chop (Post 6995976)
The Mystery of my missing white elephant from the garden is resolved. He set off to Australia to hunt out DIAC & give them some gentle persuasion to look at our visa application.

He must have chained himeslef to the railings & made a nuisense of himeself as this morning our agent rang to give us the wonderful news.................

WE HAVE A VISA!!!!!!!!!! Woooo HOOOOOOO:D:thumbsup::D:thumbsup::D

Now can't stop shaking / crying & can't concentrate. Off to the POst office now to send the passports off. Hope I can drive ok..........

Good luck to all those still waiting. Your turn will come.

For those interested in analysing everything to within an inch of its progress, much like myself. We applied 24 April (paper), ack 29 April, meds 2 Sep, PCs 14 Sep No CO straight to visa grant 21 Nov.

Jaq

WOW! CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR VISA GRANT, JAQ!

Paperbased seem to be moving along!!

Catherine

Originally Posted by nja (Post 6998082)
We're still waiting,

Hang in there all who are still waiting!!! It will happen!

Catherine
Writing from California - on the way to Australia. We fly out Sunday night!

CharleneG Nov 22nd 2008 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by nja (Post 6998082)
We're still waiting,

Thanks for the replies everyone.

It is good to know that we are not the only ones still waiting.

We have just checked our online application status and our application was last reviewed on 11th Nov (21 days after meds received) with everything OK'd except my meds which I am guessing have been referred because of an ongoing condition (nothing serious just something I'm receiving medication for).

So the wait goes on.....

Hopefully (fingers crossed) not long now.

Wez and Chris Nov 22nd 2008 5:08 pm

Hi Guys,

Listen I have my fingers crossed for all of you - cant be long now!!

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU ALL

tiger222 Nov 22nd 2008 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by Wez and Chris (Post 6999424)
Hi Guys,

Listen I have my fingers crossed for all of you - cant be long now!!

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU ALL

FINGERS CROSSED HERE TOO!!!!

Wez and Chris. Wow, you have your flights booked! That's so exciting! How are the arrangements coming along?

Catherine

benlast Nov 23rd 2008 5:04 am

Originally Posted by tiger222 (Post 6998944)
Writing from California - on the way to Australia. We fly out Sunday night!

Have a good flight :)

Cheers
Ben

tiger222 Nov 23rd 2008 6:18 am

Originally Posted by benlast (Post 7000419)
Have a good flight :)

Cheers
Ben

Thanks, Ben!

Catherine

jaq4chop Nov 23rd 2008 10:04 am

Good luck Catherine. Hope the flight is good. Let us know how you get on in Oz

Jaq

Wez and Chris Nov 23rd 2008 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by tiger222 (Post 6999498)
FINGERS CROSSED HERE TOO!!!!

Wez and Chris. Wow, you have your flights booked! That's so exciting! How are the arrangements coming along?

Catherine

Hey Catherine you should be well on your way now!! Bet reality has really sunk in now!! Good luck let us know when you arrive how you are getting on!!

I know we have finally booked our flights going with Singapore Airlines on the A380 my son Scott (9) is so excited about that - we tried to book upper deck tickets but they had all gone - 22nd January here we come!!! Havent even started on the house yet but luckily enough we dont need to sell we are just in the position to go.

Look forward to hearing from you when you arrive:thumbsup:

silverski Nov 23rd 2008 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by tiger222 (Post 6998944)

Catherine
Writing from California - on the way to Australia. We fly out Sunday night! [/B][/COLOR]

Hi Catherine,

Wish you the best for your flight to your dream.

Missing you already

regards

Silverski

kevncarlz Nov 24th 2008 4:55 pm

well meds and pc sent thank god:) so hope we hear something before xmas because we need some good news to come our way as my OH as just been made redundant last friday:cry_smile:

heamish Nov 24th 2008 5:35 pm

Go get em tiger222, we fly out of Dublin on Sunday morning, best of luck with your new venture....