British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   April 2008 Applicants (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/april-2008-applicants-529427/)

tiger222 Jan 19th 2009 5:41 pm

Re: April 2008 Applicants

Originally Posted by snoo (Post 7186531)
Just checking in with fellow April applicants!!

Congratulation to Caliburn and all of you that I have missed congratulating as we have been away in Perth for 2 and a half wks. Anyone who wishes to have a look on my facebook at my photos is welcome! Just pm me here and I'll add you!

We've also had some BRILLIANT news today (I feel like when we got the visa approvel actually!! A bit shakey!!) We've SOLD the HOUSE after 3 YEARS!!
I just haven't got a clue where we are going to live until we move to OZ!

Much love to everybody.........x

Congratulations on getting your house sold! That's excellent news!

Where are you planning to make Perth home?

Catherine

benlast Jan 19th 2009 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by snoo (Post 7186531)
Just checking in with fellow April applicants!!

Congratulation to Caliburn and all of you that I have missed congratulating as we have been away in Perth for 2 and a half wks. Anyone who wishes to have a look on my facebook at my photos is welcome! Just pm me here and I'll add you!

We've also had some BRILLIANT news today (I feel like when we got the visa approvel actually!! A bit shakey!!) We've SOLD the HOUSE after 3 YEARS!!
I just haven't got a clue where we are going to live until we move to OZ!

Much love to everybody.........x

Congrats on the sale :) So this was a second reccie trip to Perth? Whereabouts are you looking?

Cheers
b

snoo Jan 20th 2009 8:18 am

Thanks Ben,

Only one trip to Perth, back just before Xmas! I've also been in and out of hospital because I've got to have a major operation in 8wks (not an ideal time to move house....but I don't think we've a lot of choice!!! We've no-where to live either!! HA!)...so I've not kept up with BE people's progress really (feel a bit ignorant! "Got my visa and gone!!!!"

We loved all of Perth Ben....Prob North more for sanity reasons and the fact that we have a 15yr old Daughter who needs entertaining!! Liked the South better for beach walks with the dogs (seems more relaxed on where you can take the mutts!)....but all will depend on WHERE Paul gets work! Could even be the other side of Oz all together!

I'm expecting my FOR SALE sign to come down today! I don't want a SOLD sign....my neighbours will be cheering!! HAAHAA!

Take care....Don't forget to look at my pics on Face book!!

chasmw Jan 20th 2009 8:32 am

Hi all April 2008 Applicants - it'd be good if we could get as many of us as Facebook contacts. Why not post your name and a clue as to what you look like on your photo - hopefully that doesn't infringe any rules about posting personal details!

For me - search for Chris Watson. I'm the one who's in a picture with Chris Moyles. Most people in the UK know what he looks like I assume!

benlast Jan 20th 2009 8:37 am

There're at least five pages of Chris Watsons and still counting!

I'll happily swap Facebook info... I'm Ben Last, but then again there are lots of people with that name. Chasmw, snoo: PM me if you want an email address (much easier to find people that way).

Cheers
b

tiger222 Jan 20th 2009 4:48 pm

I'd like to make a Facebook connection too....if anyone is interested.

Catherine
aka Tiger222

Dodge38 Jan 20th 2009 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by tiger222 (Post 7192534)
I'd like to make a Facebook connection too....if anyone is interested.

Catherine
aka Tiger222

Me too....I have lots of photos on Facebook of Brizzy and surrounding area.

Dodge

memewest Jan 20th 2009 7:27 pm

I'm on FB too!!! :thumbsup:

I've found chasm... ;)

2 benlast's in Australia...:lol:

You can find me as Meme Westcott.
My picture is me sitting on the grass eating a burger...:eek::rofl:
Can't be that many meme's around, surely!!

See you there!!

benlast Jan 20th 2009 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by memewest (Post 7193223)

2 benlast's in Australia...:lol:

The other one is obviously some sort of imposter... I'm the one in the hat (well, in the current profile picture anyway).

Cheers
b

kevncarlz Jan 21st 2009 12:29 am

Ben added
chasw added forgot to add message though :rofl:
meme cant find :lol:
no results for tiger222

Carly:cool:

memewest Jan 21st 2009 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by kevncarlz (Post 7194204)
Ben added
chasw added forgot to add message though :rofl:
meme cant find :lol:
no results for tiger222

Carly:cool:

Carly, what you like?? :lol:

Can't be that many meme's on FB!!

Whats your user name and i'll find you... ;):thumbsup:

chasmw Jan 21st 2009 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by memewest (Post 7195818)
Carly, what you like?? :lol:

Can't be that many meme's on FB!!

Whats your user name and i'll find you... ;):thumbsup:

Meme,
I couldn't find you either when I looked for you. Have you got some security setting that means you can't be searched for? (I'm not a Facebook wizard, so am not sure about these sort of things!)

Anyway - all fine now that you found me!

memewest Jan 21st 2009 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by chasmw (Post 7195992)
Meme,
I couldn't find you either when I looked for you. Have you got some security setting that means you can't be searched for? (I'm not a Facebook wizard, so am not sure about these sort of things!)

Anyway - all fine now that you found me!

I dunno Chris!! :eek::rofl:

Am not clued up on these things either....:blink:

Will get the OH to have a look for me later....

It's really strange seeing faces of peeps that you have pictured in your mind all these months....:lol:
and then having to remember who's who after calling you lot by your Expat names all this time!! Great keeping in contact with you all tho!!.... :thumbsup:

JAK Jan 21st 2009 3:28 pm

I would love to join the Facebook swap, Janet Thomas. You should be able to tell it's me by the background (Sydney Opera House). The 2 dots in front are me and my daughter. I will have a look for everyone!

melbert Jan 21st 2009 4:36 pm

Can I join in?

I'm on with a picture of me and the lovely Richard Hammond!!:thumbsup:
I'm on Meme's friends list, so if you find her, you can add me, Melanie McMahon!

Mel:D