British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   April 2008 Applicants (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/april-2008-applicants-529427/)

tiger222 Dec 23rd 2008 2:41 pm

Re: April 2008 Applicants

Originally Posted by silverski (Post 7093479)
Hi Tiger,

We are planning the Move for Feb all things going well...

we have a bit of organising to do first.

Regards

silverski

I know that well! Good luck with it! Where are you headed?

Catherine

silverski Dec 23rd 2008 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by tiger222 (Post 7094427)

Catherine

HI Catherine,

We are heading to Perth.....

Cann't wait.....

Now some many decisions to make...

Do we continue to try and sell our properties or do we hold and rent...

Regards
Silverski

letusenjoy79 Dec 24th 2008 10:07 am

Happy and Merry Christmas to all
Regards
Sanjay

melbert Dec 24th 2008 8:37 pm

Merry Xmas everyone!!

Mel:D

Dodge38 Dec 26th 2008 3:12 am

Originally Posted by tiger222 (Post 7094427)

Catherine

Hi Tiger and anyone else who remembers me - we have not been on here since we have been in oz!!! Congrats to all the people who have recently got their visas!!! Been here 8 weeks tomorrow and had a fab Christmas day yesterday with another family we have met since arriving at North Lakes. Went to dicky beach (our fav beach so far) and then back to ours for BBQ, drinks and silly games!!!

I hope you have found a nice place near Sydney Tiger and you had a lovely Christmas yesterday.

Dodge 38

tiger222 Dec 26th 2008 11:01 am

Originally Posted by Dodge38 (Post 7099276)
Hi Tiger and anyone else who remembers me - we have not been on here since we have been in oz!!! Congrats to all the people who have recently got their visas!!! Been here 8 weeks tomorrow and had a fab Christmas day yesterday with another family we have met since arriving at North Lakes. Went to dicky beach (our fav beach so far) and then back to ours for BBQ, drinks and silly games!!!

I hope you have found a nice place near Sydney Tiger and you had a lovely Christmas yesterday.

Dodge 38

Thanks, Dodge. I'm glad you're settling in.

We are in the Central Coast of NSW. We finally have a permanent rental to call home. We are making final preparations and will be residing there tomorrow. We won't have internet access until the new year.

Hope all the April applicants, had a lovely Christmas, where ever they are in the world. Enjoy your time with family and friends.

Catherine

hanwilt Jan 7th 2009 7:43 pm

Hi all,

Just thought that I would shift the thread up the page a bit as I have spent a while finding it.

We are still waiting for the news to come through. At least we have a had some time since new year to rest before we open champagne again.

Hope all of you have had a good start to the new year whatever the stage of emmigration you are at.

Looking forward to hearing and sharing news soon.

han

caliburn Jan 7th 2009 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by tiger222 (Post 7099622)

We are in the Central Coast of NSW. We finally have a permanent rental to call home. We are making final preparations and will be residing there tomorrow. We won't have internet access until the new year.

Hope all the April applicants, had a lovely Christmas, where ever they are in the world. Enjoy your time with family and friends.

Catherine

Hi Catherine,

Good to see you back. Hope you are enjoying your time over there. Cheers!

T-bird Jan 8th 2009 5:07 am

Originally Posted by tiger222 (Post 7099622)

Catherine

Hi everyone
I haven't been on here for a while either + had been wondering how people were getting on. Had been looking out for Tiger's update on the Update forum!

Nice to hear from people who have already made the move + settled and to make you feel even better by telling you how cold it is in Blighty! It's been -2 when I've been going to + getting home from work this week + I'm on about my third cold (or is it just one long one?)

Anyway, looking forward to the predicted rise to 8 degrees at the weekend and our recce trip in March.

Happy new year everyone + best wishes to anyone making the move or still waiting on those visas.

T-bird

caliburn Jan 8th 2009 7:23 am

Originally Posted by T-bird (Post 7139900)
Hi everyone
I haven't been on here for a while either + had been wondering how people were getting on. Had been looking out for Tiger's update on the Update forum!

Nice to hear from people who have already made the move + settled and to make you feel even better by telling you how cold it is in Blighty! It's been -2 when I've been going to + getting home from work this week + I'm on about my third cold (or is it just one long one?)

Anyway, looking forward to the predicted rise to 8 degrees at the weekend and our recce trip in March.

Happy new year everyone + best wishes to anyone making the move or still waiting on those visas.

T-bird

hi T-bird, Tiger's updates are happening here nowadays... http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=581055

hanwilt Jan 8th 2009 6:11 pm

Hi Caliburn,

Are you sure about Tigers updates on the link.

The link you put in was to the unoffical visa count thread, is there another one she is doing?

I have seen something on an meet up thread but nothing else.

Han

caliburn Jan 8th 2009 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by hanwilt (Post 7142243)
Hi Caliburn,

Are you sure about Tigers updates on the link.

The link you put in was to the unoffical visa count thread, is there another one she is doing?

I have seen something on an meet up thread but nothing else.

Han

Sorry for not clarifying it better..... Catherine (Tiger) does not update visa grants anymore after she moved to Aus. Lilsweets was doing these updates in July thread ;ately and she also stopped doing it after moving to Aus. I have now picked it up and started this new thread Unofficial Visa Count to continue the good work that was once started by Catherine.

hanwilt Jan 8th 2009 7:06 pm

Oh OK Thanks,

I was just quite interested in seeing how tiger was getting on.

We find out so much about everyone then it goes much quieter once they make the move. Although I know in short term rental internet connections are not always easy

T-bird Jan 8th 2009 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by caliburn (Post 7142488)
Sorry for not clarifying it better..... Catherine (Tiger) does not update visa grants anymore after she moved to Aus. Lilsweets was doing these updates in July thread ;ately and she also stopped doing it after moving to Aus. I have now picked it up and started this new thread Unofficial Visa Count to continue the good work that was once started by Catherine.

Good one you. I know that tiger's updates were such a big deal when we were waiting for our visas, so well done for taking on such a worthwhile role!

Now, tiger... Where is your update on living in oz? We wait with baited breath!

T-bird

Dodge38 Jan 8th 2009 9:30 pm

I have been in email contact with Tiger as we were both coming to the same area - I think internet access has been a problem for both of us initially!!

Dodge 38