Anyone got RSMS Visa

Old Dec 16th 2008, 5:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Looking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant future
Default Re: Anyone got RSMS Visa

Originally Posted by looky
I don't think I have a CO

I am constantly checking my mailbox but it seems email is the first point of contact for the CO according to your post.
I used a visa agent so I don't know when the CO first contacted visa agent. But I do know that agent received an email on 12/12/08 which agent forwarded on to me the same day - which is the one saying visa grant and to go to Oz House for sticker.

p.s. - for what its worth, i think it is really unfair how they are processing the new applications but 'leaving' the old ones. I do feel for you. [Ever thought of changing your name and reapplying?]

Last edited by Looking forward to Oz; Dec 16th 2008 at 5:45 am. Reason: adding p.s
Old Dec 16th 2008, 5:48 am
BE Enthusiast

looky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nice

Originally Posted by Looking forward to Oz
I used a visa agent so I don't know when the CO first contacted visa agent. But I do know that agent received an email on 12/12/08 which agent forwarded on to me the same day - which is the one saying visa grant and to go to Oz House for sticker.

p.s. - for what its worth, i think it is really unfair how they are processing the new applications but 'leaving' the old ones. I do feel for you. [Ever thought of changing your name and reapplying?]

I applied in Sep, I think thats considered as new?
Old Dec 16th 2008, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Looking Forward to Oz. Great for you.

On the downside it looks like we might not make it. HR still haven't sent the RCB requirements to the agent.

And yesterday they tell us that the contract - which we have been negotiating over since July with them and immigration - and was last week allegedly settled finally, is now no longer suitable for the employer! They want to change the terms that mean OH will have to effectively take a 30% at least drop in income to do the same job!

Even if we get this sorted our agent closes for Xmas on Friday and it won't get to them by then. Knock on is it won't get to RCB until at least 2nd week in Jan. We have til 31 jan to lodge with DIAC because of OH's 45th. Theres no way if they haven't been able to sort the basic stuff in 6 months they'll manage to argue an age exemption!!!!!!

And if we miss the 45th deadline and they back out entirely after that we are totally stuffed.

Our only other choice right now is a 475 SIR. We only have 115 points and can't get an IELTS test til march for an extra 10 for a 175.

I feel physically sick today, a few tears. Our lives have been in limbo for 2 years now, getting the 457, that running out and only being replaced at last minute, 6 months of expecting company to sort paperwork "next week" and now this.

Maybe its fate, I want to give up but i don't want to go back to my old life! That was then and there is no going back as I've changed and so will that have changed in my absence.

Sorry just needed to get it out. At least you lot can understand. My friends here just can't understand how much stress this is causing me.
Old Dec 16th 2008, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

janjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nice

Originally Posted by Safin
Well done Looking Forward to Oz. Great for you.

On the downside it looks like we might not make it. HR still haven't sent the RCB requirements to the agent.

And yesterday they tell us that the contract - which we have been negotiating over since July with them and immigration - and was last week allegedly settled finally, is now no longer suitable for the employer! They want to change the terms that mean OH will have to effectively take a 30% at least drop in income to do the same job!

Even if we get this sorted our agent closes for Xmas on Friday and it won't get to them by then. Knock on is it won't get to RCB until at least 2nd week in Jan. We have til 31 jan to lodge with DIAC because of OH's 45th. Theres no way if they haven't been able to sort the basic stuff in 6 months they'll manage to argue an age exemption!!!!!!

And if we miss the 45th deadline and they back out entirely after that we are totally stuffed.

Our only other choice right now is a 475 SIR. We only have 115 points and can't get an IELTS test til march for an extra 10 for a 175.

I feel physically sick today, a few tears. Our lives have been in limbo for 2 years now, getting the 457, that running out and only being replaced at last minute, 6 months of expecting company to sort paperwork "next week" and now this.

Maybe its fate, I want to give up but i don't want to go back to my old life! That was then and there is no going back as I've changed and so will that have changed in my absence.

Sorry just needed to get it out. At least you lot can understand. My friends here just can't understand how much stress this is causing me.
WELL DONE ..... YES YES YES IT IS UNFAIR - BUT WHAT IS MEANT TO BE WILL BE !!

FRIEND OF MINE HERE IN SA ALSO LODGED BRISBANE - 21 DAYS LATER VISALAND !!

CAN U BELIEVE THAT ... US - LOL 5 AND A HALF MONTHS TO GET CO - CRAZY LIVING !!

BUT HOPEFULLY NEXT WEEK WE'LL GET A RESPONSE !!
Old Dec 16th 2008, 12:49 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Looking forward to Oz
I cant believe it! I only lodged on 24 nov. And it was granted 12 Dec. That surely must be world record?!!

Good luck with yours Looky. Have you tried sending your CO a mince pie and sherry?
Oh shit. Lock your young men up Cairns.

Congratulations
Old Dec 16th 2008, 1:12 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Kick, scream and curse today Safin.....but tomorrow is another day.

It's important (although difficult) not to dwell on shite as the smell gets stronger. Instead you must get your head up into the fresh air.

The one thing you do have is a bit of time at the moment as your 457 was renewed. Do not overly concern yourself with the age issue. I had to make 2 extra submissions as I was over age, had no diploma equivalent and no qualifications. If it comes to it I can send you a copy of what I did for the age thing so you know the sort of thing required.

Now is the time to take stock.
There is a legal limitation on what minimum salary has to be paid on these visas. Are they legal on that after the 30% reduction ?
It does sound like your employer is playing the captive employment game. He knows he has you by the curlies and is beginning to shit all over you. This does not bode well for the future.

I don't know where you are or what type of work we are talking about but my advice would be to (covertly) suss out other work opportunities. You do have some things going for you in that you are already here and have Aus work experience.

Are you paying for the visa with the current employer ?

Is there any chance the type of work is in demand and another employer would be interested in sponsoring on the RSMS ?

Would you consider paying for it with a different employer ?
I think the cost for onshore is about $2100 plus whatever the local RCB charge.
Old Dec 16th 2008, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Kick, scream and curse today Safin.....but tomorrow is another day.

It's important (although difficult) not to dwell on shite as the smell gets stronger. Instead you must get your head up into the fresh air.

The one thing you do have is a bit of time at the moment as your 457 was renewed. Do not overly concern yourself with the age issue. I had to make 2 extra submissions as I was over age, had no diploma equivalent and no qualifications. If it comes to it I can send you a copy of what I did for the age thing so you know the sort of thing required. Thanks We may have to do this the way things are, just not at all confident the co will manage this if they can't do the simple stuff so a template may be useful.
Now is the time to take stock.
There is a legal limitation on what minimum salary has to be paid on these visas. Are they legal on that after the 30% reduction ? they will still meet minimum requirements
It does sound like your employer is playing the captive employment game. He knows he has you by the curlies and is beginning to shit all over you. This does not bode well for the future. My thoughts precisely. Although it really seems incompetence and general poor management rather than a tactic. Still not appealing

I don't know where you are or what type of work we are talking about but my advice would be to (covertly) suss out other work opportunities. You do have some things going for you in that you are already here and have Aus work experience. Been trying already, Nothing at all directly related to OH's work without relocating. There may be some sideways steps he can take if given the chance though
Are you paying for the visa with the current employer ? yes and their enforced choice of agent!
Is there any chance the type of work is in demand and another employer would be interested in sponsoring on the RSMS ? Not anywhere near here. Probably many would be in non regioanl areas also
Would you consider paying for it with a different employer ? Yes if it fails here - our side all prepared anyway, also have skills assessment so ens possible too.I think the cost for onshore is about $2100 plus whatever the local RCB charge.
Thanks. As you said today is a new day and now some of the shock is wearing off am just trying to find a way forward. Just not sure whether to take the pay dropand try and rush it through, try and get IELTS cancellation somewhere and go for 175 (instead/as well as rsms so like looky not beholden to these meuppets for 2 years) or go for the 475. We'll see in the next couple of days what out immediate choices really are.
Old Dec 16th 2008, 9:38 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Sounds like you are actually on top of it so good luck
If you need the age thing down the line just holler.

And of course silly me, I do know where you are.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 6:02 am
BE Enthusiast

looky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nice

Thanks. As you said today is a new day and now some of the shock is wearing off am just trying to find a way forward. Just not sure whether to take the pay dropand try and rush it through, try and get IELTS cancellation somewhere and go for 175 (instead/as well as rsms so like looky not beholden to these meuppets for 2 years) or go for the 475. We'll see in the next couple of days what out immediate choices really are.
If you really want to settle here and have no other means of doing that other than the rsms...you might just want to consider taking the company's offer (although you would be letting them take advantage of the reduced wage) and find a better pasture after you fulfil the two year condition/applying for your own independent skilled visa after? A sacrifice for two years in order to have a better future for the rest of your life?

I'm a little paranoid if my applying of two PR visa has affected my processing of 857 since most others here have a CO and I haven't heard anything yet
Old Dec 17th 2008, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well we've decided that our safest option is to stay with the muppets and their employer sponsored visa. So now we're beginning a bun fight over terms of contract again and going to settle for the best we can get really quickly if they actually produce the goods ie a signed contract.

We may also be switching to ENS as it'll be quicker from this point to submission than the RSMS will be. Well it will be if they agree to it! Bonus that we aren't pointing out to them is that we won't be tied for 2 years to them like the RSMS. Every cloud........ etc etc

Generally just feeling glad that decision is made. Now to see how much it costs!!

Thanks for listening and supporting my ranting.
Old Dec 18th 2008, 5:01 am
BE Enthusiast

janjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nice

Well we've decided that our safest option is to stay with the muppets and their employer sponsored visa. So now we're beginning a bun fight over terms of contract again and going to settle for the best we can get really quickly if they actually produce the goods ie a signed contract.

We may also be switching to ENS as it'll be quicker from this point to submission than the RSMS will be. Well it will be if they agree to it! Bonus that we aren't pointing out to them is that we won't be tied for 2 years to them like the RSMS. Every cloud........ etc etc

Generally just feeling glad that decision is made. Now to see how much it costs!!

Thanks for listening and supporting my ranting.
Does that mean your rants are over ??

Old Dec 18th 2008, 5:05 am
BE Forum Addict

yes, for now at least. Was I boring you?
Old Dec 18th 2008, 5:12 am
BE Enthusiast

yes, for now at least. Was I boring you?
lol not at all......

Just know that what ever Visa you going apply for there is going to be ranting lol ... its the way it goes !!
Old Dec 18th 2008, 5:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi guys. No news for me today...could they have misplaced or overlooked mine!?
Old Dec 18th 2008, 10:41 pm
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by looky
Hi guys. No news for me today...could they have misplaced or overlooked mine!?
Don't think so. If you were in the backlog with the rest of us my prediction is that if you applied on the 1st of september your CO should be appointed on about the 25-28th December. With the holiday period slowing everything down it will probably be a bit later than that, but that' the earliest you could expect. (later if you applied on later dates in Sept).

If you weren't in the backlog you probably should have heard something by now, so we can assume you are in the backlog. Don't wory it will be soon. They're nearly at the point of clearing it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.