Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Anyone applying for Northern australia sponsorship

Anyone applying for Northern australia sponsorship

Old Aug 6th 2009, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

jimmie2807 will become famous soon enoughjimmie2807 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Anyone applying for Northern australia sponsorship

Originally Posted by sunday063
Hi all,

I'm from Vietnam and I also applied for NT SS through an agency in Sydney. I sent all the documents he required on April but I don't know exactly when he send it to NT. Up to now, I didnot received any information from him about my case. I log in this forum to find friend and to learn all about NT, where my family will live there in future.

Please give me any advise about moving to NT.
Advise about moving to NT?? No idea, but if it helps the application process eclipsed both renting out the house/ moving back to parents and getting married all at the same time. Its easily the hardest most stressful thing we have ever done and unless your prepared for the biggest and extreme of emotions I wouldnt recommend it. We were told 3 times that we were no longer 'required' and that we had lost all our money. They rang back each time a few days later and said the lists had been updated and we were still wanted.
Old May 23rd 2010, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

vilnius is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by helloshivahere
Its ok. Hi jani hope u applied for NT. All the best.Even they asking some ref in NT(Relatives and Friends) try to send that also. Processing speed of NT is amazing
I don't say that processing speed is amazing .Now they have 16 week shedule. I applied in March, CO was assigned immediately, but still no any messages from them. I am an accountant. The main reason for choosing NT was that I was not abble to get 7777IELTS, only my average.is 7, and other states needs 7777 for SS, exept CA. I found nothing said about English lang.requirements, so I applied there.

Hope to get SS aproved, I provided them original bank statement with AUD 100.000+ in cash, that must be enough to convince them that even with trouble to find work I can suport myself for two years. Before they proccess my application an AUD vs. USD falls further in currency markets, and 100k becomes 150K (as I hold cash in USD)
Old May 23rd 2010, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

jimmie2807 will become famous soon enoughjimmie2807 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by vilnius
I don't say that processing speed is amazing .Now they have 16 week shedule. I applied in March, CO was assigned immediately, but still no any messages from them. I am an accountant. The main reason for choosing NT was that I was not abble to get 7777IELTS, only my average.is 7, and other states needs 7777 for SS, exept CA. I found nothing said about English lang.requirements, so I applied there.

Hope to get SS aproved, I provided them original bank statement with AUD 100.000+ in cash, that must be enough to convince them that even with trouble to find work I can suport myself for two years. Before they proccess my application an AUD vs. USD falls further in currency markets, and 100k becomes 150K (as I hold cash in USD)
I am now living in NT, Emigrated here in January. . They are extremely strict in regards to speaking English. I would say that you definately will not get a job if your English is not good. Currently ALL Visa's are on hold whilst the system is sorted, From what I can make out unless your on the emergency skills list (which I am pretty sure accounts is not) you will not be getting into Australia.... At all!
If you are on the list you'll be here in a few months but the IELTS is essential. If you cant pass you wont be allowed in. I have a Law degree and am English..... I still had to pass it and I had far more money in the bank. And $100k doesnt go far here!! Average 2 bed unit is about $550k, average car is $20k Thats if your lucky enough to get one!! We had to wait nearly 2 months living in a hotel. 20 decent units available at any one time, 100 people going for the same ones!! If you come here you MUST bring evidence of settling bills etc for last 6 months!!
Old May 24th 2010, 5:24 am
BE Enthusiast

shafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really nice

NT SS is not that easy to get, Money in you bank will not do the trick. you have to show them that you have done lot of research about job opportunities, school, rent, cost of living ect.

Further it is almost important to indicate details of someone who is a NT resident and who is willing to help you with your R&D and initial setup,
Old May 24th 2010, 5:52 am
Forum Regular

sherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nice

If i apply for Northern australia sponsorship and i dont fine a job over there. Can i move to so other state after my immigration complete? or is it not legal to be sponsored by one state and to live in other state during your PR stage?
Old May 24th 2010, 6:52 am
Just Joined

Yes, I know about research.
I wrote 3 pages of Research Statement, where I indicatet most important aspects: job oportunities, climate, renting, health insurance, cost of living etc. It is actually impossible to cover all the research done in 3 pages, one must writte a 100p.book, but I hardly beleive that a CO will read it. My agent told that I must writte 2-3p, no more. Overall he thinks that my application is very good and he is very optimistic about the outcome, but I myself am not so confident about that.

I allready in the process about 2 years and that cost me many sleepless nights and tons of money, I failed the third IELTS test, but the results in in the third were much better than in the previuos two and finaly I got av.7. It is actualy impossible to learn English in non-english speaking country, so if I get the negative answer I throw in the towel and let my husband try to take the process on him self. He is in a Trade occupation but he doesn't have Skills Assessment, so he wants to go in to a College in AUS and get Certificate III in his trade, by that time while living on a student visa I can learn English and maybe find some other opportunities how to get PR. It is allways easier to do things while onshore.

Maybe the most dumbiest thing that we have allready done is that we sold our house and now renting, in hopes that we will get visa soon. But it is now the second year, the second agent and things are not moving so fast as anticipated, I got nervous allredy. The only thing that is good from this-prices are falling hard for real estate, so we at least got a good money back then.

Also there was a possibility to move to Canada, as I covered most requirements, and agent from there was very optimistic, almost guaranteed that I get a Canadian visa, but it is a cold country, I hate cold. The main reason I love AUS is because of the climate and the friendly people(yes, I was there allready).

We move to AUS this year, one way or another, if I get SS refusal in July the student visa for 1-2 years will be ok. Whilst onshore it would be easier to get sense about real situation here.
Old May 24th 2010, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

shafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really nice

Originally Posted by sherry9oct
If i apply for Northern australia sponsorship and i dont fine a job over there. Can i move to so other state after my immigration complete? or is it not legal to be sponsored by one state and to live in other state during your PR stage?
If your visa is granted based on NT State sponsorship then you are committed to live their for a period of 2 years, However you could move to another state if NT has no objection, and you have to get a release letter from NT,
Old May 24th 2010, 2:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes, I know about research.
I wrote 3 pages of Research Statement, where I indicatet most important aspects: job oportunities, climate, renting, health insurance, cost of living etc. It is actually impossible to cover all the research done in 3 pages, one must writte a 100p.book, but I hardly beleive that a CO will read it. My agent told that I must writte 2-3p, no more. Overall he thinks that my application is very good and he is very optimistic about the outcome, but I myself am not so confident about that.

I already in the process about 2 years and that cost me many sleepless nights and tons of money, I failed the third IELTS test, but the results in in the third were much better than in the previous two and finaly I got av.7. It is actually impossible to learn English in non-english speaking country, so if I get the negative answer I throw in the towel and let my husband try to take the process on him self. He is in a Trade occupation but he doesn't have Skills Assessment, so he wants to go in to a College in AUS and get Certificate III in his trade, by that time while living on a student visa I can learn English and maybe find some other opportunities how to get PR. It is allways easier to do things while onshore.

Maybe the most dumbiest thing that we have allready done is that we sold our house and now renting, in hopes that we will get visa soon. But it is now the second year, the second agent and things are not moving so fast as anticipated, I got nervous allredy. The only thing that is good from this-prices are falling hard for real estate, so we at least got a good money back then.

Also there was a possibility to move to Canada, as I covered most requirements, and agent from there was very optimistic, almost guaranteed that I get a Canadian visa, but it is a cold country, I hate cold. The main reason I love AUS is because of the climate and the friendly people(yes, I was there allready).

We move to AUS this year, one way or another, if I get SS refusal in July the student visa for 1-2 years will be ok. Whilst onshore it would be easier to get sense about real situation here.

I think the best option for you is to redo you IELTS, it maybe costly but that is the easiest and cheapest path for your Aussi visa, compared to your husband applying as a tradesman, as you maybe aware most of the trade occupation are gone from the SOL. and you husband has to pay for the application charges again, and the wait begins all over again,

So give a another try on your IELTS and get that 7777 and you are CSL

BTW. NT is not the best of place to live, condition there is very harsh and employment opportunities are less. but nevertheless if you are willing to stick there for two years then you could move to another state.

All the best
Old May 24th 2010, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

I would live anywhere in Australia in order to get PR, no matter what conditions are in NT. Besides, I like Darwin weather very much.

But by reading this forum I noticed, that the most common reason fo NT SS refusal is lack of friends or relatives in the State,who can help with settlement. I can not believe that my agent didn't told me about that, I would easily made some friends there.

If I get refusal I will post on this and other migrating forums the whole history -how this well known agent, who has a "98% success" rate, firstly pulled out money from me, then every day his consultats feeded me with false promises and the only job that is done by them is to put my application in another envelope and sent to NT Gov.

I did my Skills Assessment by myself, I should have done all the rest without any agents, they even do not bothered to send me a message about suspended applications.

But for now I am waiting and searching another options how to get any visa. When I get a refusal I immediattely throw an agent over the board, this is just a waste of time and money.

Or maybe I will be lucky and get a possitive answer

But the waiting proccess is very frustrating.
Old May 24th 2010, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shafanm
If your visa is granted based on NT State sponsorship then you are committed to live their for a period of 2 years, However you could move to another state if NT has no objection, and you have to get a release letter from NT,
even then at a later date they are perfectly within ther rights to withdraw PR status. It is only a moral obligation to stay not a legal one but really not worth the risk, especially after all that money.
Old May 24th 2010, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

I would live anywhere in Australia in order to get PR, no matter what conditions are in NT. Besides, I like Darwin weather very much.

But by reading this forum I noticed, that the most common reason fo NT SS refusal is lack of friends or relatives in the State,who can help with settlement. I can not believe that my agent didn't told me about that, I would easily made some friends there.

If I get refusal I will post on this and other migrating forums the whole history -how this well known agent, who has a "98% success" rate, firstly pulled out money from me, then every day his consultats feeded me with false promises and the only job that is done by them is to put my application in another envelope and sent to NT Gov.

I did my Skills Assessment by myself, I should have done all the rest without any agents, they even do not bothered to send me a message about suspended applications.

But for now I am waiting and searching another options how to get any visa. When I get a refusal I immediattely throw an agent over the board, this is just a waste of time and money.

Or maybe I will be lucky and get a possitive answer

But the waiting proccess is very frustrating.
We were not refused and we didnt know anybody in the NT.
You will not get another Visa ..... ALL VISAS ARE ON HOLD!
For note... any peope who are tradies you need some sort of certificate in your trade for the NT. My brother is a plumber and he has had to get his Gas qualifications in order to move out here. Without it they said anybody can claim to be a plumber so not interested! And that goes for every trade!

Our agent was worth every penny but they are at the mercy of the Australian Government. I now work for the above and I know how strict they are, If you cannot offer anything to the economy and there is a chance you wont integrate into Australian society (lack of English for example) then you wont be allowed in. IELTS is essential for you or your husband!
Old May 24th 2010, 11:32 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimmie2807
We were not refused and we didnt know anybody in the NT.
What happens with your application will not necessarily happen with someone else's. NT government want to know that you have support systems in place to help you integrate into Australia

You will not get another Visa ..... ALL VISAS ARE ON HOLD!
No, they are not. Only GSM visas are on hold. Student visas, spouse visas, parent, humanitarian, etc are all still being processed. ONLY General Skilled Migration visas are on hold until 1 July.
For note... any peope who are tradies you need some sort of certificate in your trade for the NT. My brother is a plumber and he has had to get his Gas qualifications in order to move out here. Without it they said anybody can claim to be a plumber so not interested! And that goes for every trade!
And every state. Whether he comes on his own visa or as a secondary applicant he will need to be licensed by the state for his trade. This takes time and money.

Vilnius, I really think you need to do some more research. And decide where you actually want to live - for more than weather related issues. Do you truly want to live in Australia because you love Australia or do you want to live in Canada because you love Canada? (Which by the way is not cold - I'm Canadian and lived there 43 years, so have some practical experience of the weather)
Old May 25th 2010, 12:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
What happens with your application will not necessarily happen with someone else's. NT government want to know that you have support systems in place to help you integrate into Australia

No, they are not. Only GSM visas are on hold. Student visas, spouse visas, parent, humanitarian, etc are all still being processed. ONLY General Skilled Migration visas are on hold until 1 July.

And every state. Whether he comes on his own visa or as a secondary applicant he will need to be licensed by the state for his trade. This takes time and money.

If he has the certificates he can submit those and get his license straight away. If he does not he has to go back to being an apprentice.

Vilnius, I really think you need to do some more research. And decide where you actually want to live - for more than weather related issues. Do you truly want to live in Australia because you love Australia or do you want to live in Canada because you love Canada? (Which by the way is not cold - I'm Canadian and lived there 43 years, so have some practical experience of the weather)
Darwin weather is great....... In the dry, In the Wet its very very different! Its too hot to go outside for at least 2 months a year due to the humidity, You have to shower alot!! The water becomes like warm soup and the cold coming from the shower is still warm. There is no repreive apart from the aircon which is very expensive to run. Even then sometimes its too humid to work properly. On top of that add consistent mould... If you go away for a week be prepared wash all your clothes, go away for two and be prepared to possibly replace your entire wardrobe.
Also you have to consider the very realistic fact you probably wont get a place without a job. Up here the rental market is very very difficult to get into. Expect to pay around $500 a week for an average unit and you definately wont get a mortgage without a job. We both had jobs highly paid but still seriously struggled to get a place due to being immigrants. We had to live in a hotel for 2 months which cost nearly $10,000 alone, plus then had to furnish an unit. We spent approx $35,000 in the first 2 months not including buying a car which pushed it up to about $50,000.
So quick bit of math (general based on our costs) for a 2 year period if we didnt have work.
Hotel whilst finding a place plus having to eat out due to no facilities plus a hire car whilst you get one sorted, then furnishing a place- $50,000.
Housing for a basic 2 bed unit is currently around $500 as stated above. You can get an absolute dump for about $400 so I will work on that.
Rent for 2 years at $400 plus 4 weeks bond $43,200
Shopping for 2 is about $300 a week minimum (we spend closer to $500) so over 2 years thats $31,000.
Power bills are about $800 a quarter so a further $6,400.
Petrol is currently $1.34 a litre, over a week I spend $80 not including work plus Rego is $700 a year so thats a further $9720 a year.

That equates to $140,320 over a 2 year period. Thats without general spending and going out. thats the basic to survive.

so I would recommend you need substantially more than you state you have. I would recommend ensuring you have a job prior to moving as I previously stated I can almost guarantee that without a job you will NOT be able to rent and Definately not be able to get a mortgage. I cannot stress enough about this. It was a massive factor for us and contributed to our setup costs being double what we anticipated. The high price of cars was also a shock. Expect to pay an absolute minimum for a late 90's malaysian import (kia etc) around $10,000. The sort of thing in the UK would cost a few hundred. We sold an MGTF 2002 for 3k back home, same car here is $28,500!
Old May 25th 2010, 5:14 am
Forum Regular

uklass is on a distinguished road

Darwin weather is great....... In the dry, In the Wet its very very different! Its too hot to go outside for at least 2 months a year due to the humidity, You have to shower alot!! The water becomes like warm soup and the cold coming from the shower is still warm. There is no repreive apart from the aircon which is very expensive to run. Even then sometimes its too humid to work properly. On top of that add consistent mould... If you go away for a week be prepared wash all your clothes, go away for two and be prepared to possibly replace your entire wardrobe.
Also you have to consider the very realistic fact you probably wont get a place without a job. Up here the rental market is very very difficult to get into. Expect to pay around $500 a week for an average unit and you definately wont get a mortgage without a job. We both had jobs highly paid but still seriously struggled to get a place due to being immigrants. We had to live in a hotel for 2 months which cost nearly $10,000 alone, plus then had to furnish an unit. We spent approx $35,000 in the first 2 months not including buying a car which pushed it up to about $50,000.
So quick bit of math (general based on our costs) for a 2 year period if we didnt have work.
Hotel whilst finding a place plus having to eat out due to no facilities plus a hire car whilst you get one sorted, then furnishing a place- $50,000.
Housing for a basic 2 bed unit is currently around $500 as stated above. You can get an absolute dump for about $400 so I will work on that.
Rent for 2 years at $400 plus 4 weeks bond $43,200
Shopping for 2 is about $300 a week minimum (we spend closer to $500) so over 2 years thats $31,000.
Power bills are about $800 a quarter so a further $6,400.
Petrol is currently $1.34 a litre, over a week I spend $80 not including work plus Rego is $700 a year so thats a further $9720 a year.

That equates to $140,320 over a 2 year period. Thats without general spending and going out. thats the basic to survive.

so I would recommend you need substantially more than you state you have. I would recommend ensuring you have a job prior to moving as I previously stated I can almost guarantee that without a job you will NOT be able to rent and Definately not be able to get a mortgage. I cannot stress enough about this. It was a massive factor for us and contributed to our setup costs being double what we anticipated. The high price of cars was also a shock. Expect to pay an absolute minimum for a late 90's malaysian import (kia etc) around $10,000. The sort of thing in the UK would cost a few hundred. We sold an MGTF 2002 for 3k back home, same car here is $28,500!
Ouch!!!! Thank you so much for posting this. Have been umming and ahhing about NT SS for just over a year. It was the research into costs that started the faint and then louder (screaming now!) alarm bells over whether I could actually afford it. I know all visas are suspended but part of me still desperately wants to put in my application if/when the suspension lifts. However, could only just (at a push) provide the minimum $35K (as a single person) as assets tied up in a property, not cash I could access & spend in settling in costs...so there is no way I could make the move - a good sharp dose of reality for me reading this,Jimmie, thank you!
Old May 25th 2010, 5:17 am
Forum Regular

sherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nice

Originally Posted by shafanm
shafanm thankyou for your quick response.
Is it easy or difficult to get this letter like 1 in 10 or 1 in 10000. Do u have any idea?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.