Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Anyone applying for Northern australia sponsorship

Anyone applying for Northern australia sponsorship

Old Jun 16th 2009, 10:15 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NOTHERN TERRITORY STATE SPONSORSHIP

No need for there to be 2 threads on the same topic. Threads merged.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 6:12 am
BE Enthusiast

flair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Anyone applying for Northern australia sponsorship

any updates on NT sponsorship ppl
looks like internet not working in NT :-)
no replies at all
Old Jun 27th 2009, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

pragot is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by flair002
any updates on NT sponsorship ppl
looks like internet not working in NT :-)
no replies at all
It seems NT does not respond to emails.l suggest you make a call, those at the reception area can be very helpful. Getting through to your Project Officer in most cases is not easy.
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

flair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant future

i called them today and found out that my application has been reassigned to somebody
seems they have not lost it yet but they forgot it
lets see what happens now
i think its worth calling them
Old Jul 8th 2009, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

finally got someone talking to me from NT
asked for community contacts and bank statements
let see what happens next
Old Jul 8th 2009, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

shafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really nice

There are hardly any movement from NT, I've almost given up hope, Although my occupation is very much in demand in NT but lethargy shown in processing of SS application seem very discouraging for a would be skill migrant, and their prerequisite of knowing the local area, relatives, employment research makes things even worse, I've found out there past SS offerings are very very small compare to VIC, QLD, NT, and WA.
I think only one guy in the forum was able to obtain NT SS since Jan this year.
This is not meant to discourage you or anyone else, but facts are stubborn.
But do not give up hope, you never know
Maybe a someone could correct me if I am wrong,

All the best
Old Jul 8th 2009, 10:47 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

finally got someone talking to me from NT
asked for community contacts and bank statements
let see what happens next
Had u already shown them proof of your financial assets? If so, in what form?
Old Jul 8th 2009, 12:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

no i just sent them today
yes shafanm is right
infact i called them and then they told me that the person i m trying to contact for last two months ( my previos CO) has been posted somewhere else and my case has been reassigned
the kind of things the CO asked, well, not sure what will happen
lets see
Old Jul 8th 2009, 1:49 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

no i just sent them today
yes shafanm is right
infact i called them and then they told me that the person i m trying to contact for last two months ( my previos CO) has been posted somewhere else and my case has been reassigned
the kind of things the CO asked, well, not sure what will happen
lets see
So u sent everything they asked @ the beginning except proof of assets? Did they ask specifically for bank statements? I was just going to give them an estate agents evaluation of my house?! lol Is that enough?
Old Jul 9th 2009, 5:49 am
BE Enthusiast

not sure
i have given him bank statements to show abt 45000 AUD in my account
rest i have just declared
did u call them... coz before my call no one was looking at my case
Old Jul 9th 2009, 9:42 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

not sure
No-one will be looking @ my case either as it's not even sent yet, the agent is sending it soon. I'd not be able to show anywhere near $45000 in my account, but once I sell my house i'll have over $50,000. I've been a homeowner, on my own for the past 7 years so had no chance of saving, let alone saving $45000!!!! lol

Does anyone know, is an ISA account ok to show funds, just a statement of what I have in my ISA or does it have to be my actual current account that the money is in? How many bank statements have people sent etc?
Old Jul 11th 2009, 1:57 am
Forum Regular

not sure
Guess you are close now. l got mine last Thursday but believe me it was not easy.NT seems to be putting extra extra caution in the whole process. Yes, they want skilled people but they dont want to be used as a stepping stone by applicants who want to fast track their visa applications.Those applying to NT must prove beyond doubt that they know quite a lot about the territory.
The other thing, those applying to NT must know that once your application is approved , NT does not need you to sign anything. They just tell you that your application has been approved and they are sending form 1100 to DIAC. Thats it.So be careful if you made an application to another state , with NT acting as your second or third choice.
Old Jul 11th 2009, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pragot
Guess you are close now. l got mine last Thursday but believe me it was not easy.NT seems to be putting extra extra caution in the whole process. Yes, they want skilled people but they dont want to be used as a stepping stone by applicants who want to fast track their visa applications.Those applying to NT must prove beyond doubt that they know quite a lot about the territory.
The other thing, those applying to NT must know that once your application is approved , NT does not need you to sign anything. They just tell you that your application has been approved and they are sending form 1100 to DIAC. Thats it.So be careful if you made an application to another state , with NT acting as your second or third choice.

congrats pragot
from the last quote, did you mean that they will not send a letter to accept sponsorship and just send 1100 straight to DIAC?? Is that what happened to ur case??
Old Jul 11th 2009, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

congrats pragot
from the last quote, did you mean that they will not send a letter to accept sponsorship and just send 1100 straight to DIAC?? Is that what happened to ur case??
Yes they did not send any letter . On Thursday they sent an email informing me about the approval. In that letter the CO stated , "Tomorrow l will email form 1100 to DIAC confirming our sponsorship and l will inform you once this has been done."
ON Friday l got another email informing me that the form had been sent.
Old Jul 11th 2009, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pragot
Yes they did not send any letter . On Thursday they sent an email informing me about the approval. In that letter the CO stated , "Tomorrow l will email form 1100 to DIAC confirming our sponsorship and l will inform you once this has been done."
ON Friday l got another email informing me that the form had been sent.
please read my pm
thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.