Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Anyone applying for Northern australia sponsorship

Anyone applying for Northern australia sponsorship

Old Jul 11th 2009, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

shafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone applying for Northern australia sponsorship

Originally Posted by pragot
Guess you are close now. l got mine last Thursday but believe me it was not easy.NT seems to be putting extra extra caution in the whole process. Yes, they want skilled people but they dont want to be used as a stepping stone by applicants who want to fast track their visa applications.Those applying to NT must prove beyond doubt that they know quite a lot about the territory.
The other thing, those applying to NT must know that once your application is approved , NT does not need you to sign anything. They just tell you that your application has been approved and they are sending form 1100 to DIAC. Thats it.So be careful if you made an application to another state , with NT acting as your second or third choice.
Congratulation for getting NT SS, which I guess is perhaps toughest all SS.
What did you say with regard to proof of job search and understanding of the living expenses in NT,

They have sent me mail requesting evidence for above, I don't have a clue.
Your advice appreciated.
Old Jul 11th 2009, 10:22 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shafanm
Congratulation for getting NT SS, which I guess is perhaps toughest all SS.
What did you say with regard to proof of job search and understanding of the living expenses in NT,

They have sent me mail requesting evidence for above, I don't have a clue.
Your advice appreciated.
Did you not submit your understanding of living expenses and evidence of ur job being in demand when you first submitted your application?! I thought it was a prerequisite?! The only thing I've outstanding is the financial aspect, but I envisage having that to them once I've had my property valued in the next month, then I'll send that and bank statements, at the same time....
Old Jul 11th 2009, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

shafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Did you not submit your understanding of living expenses and evidence of ur job being in demand when you first submitted your application?! I thought it was a prerequisite?! The only thing I've outstanding is the financial aspect, but I envisage having that to them once I've had my property valued in the next month, then I'll send that and bank statements, at the same time....
Well I did give a detail living exp, ect ect, ( thanks to google ) but still requesting for evidence, further I did lots of NT job hunting online, but none of the employers or agents shown any interest( no response ) as I lack PR.
With regard to financial aspects I gave a statement of accounts certified by a chartered accountant, which has about 300k ( both liquid and immovable assets ).

What more can I do
Old Jul 11th 2009, 10:58 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Well I did give a detail living exp, ect ect, ( thanks to google ) but still requesting for evidence, further I did lots of NT job hunting online, but none of the employers or agents shown any interest( no response ) as I lack PR.
With regard to financial aspects I gave a statement of accounts certified by a chartered accountant, which has about 300k ( both liquid and immovable assets ).

What more can I do
I'm sure ur success will be just around the corner....have u applied to any other states?!
Old Jul 11th 2009, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
I'm sure ur success will be just around the corner....have u applied to any other states?!
Old Jul 13th 2009, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

jimmie2807 will become famous soon enoughjimmie2807 will become famous soon enough

ours took 7 weeks from lodging the SS forms to getting approval. received last monday 06/07
Old Jul 13th 2009, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

jimmie2807 will become famous soon enoughjimmie2807 will become famous soon enough

There are hardly any movement from NT, I've almost given up hope, Although my occupation is very much in demand in NT but lethargy shown in processing of SS application seem very discouraging for a would be skill migrant, and their prerequisite of knowing the local area, relatives, employment research makes things even worse, I've found out there past SS offerings are very very small compare to VIC, QLD, NT, and WA.
I think only one guy in the forum was able to obtain NT SS since Jan this year.
This is not meant to discourage you or anyone else, but facts are stubborn.
But do not give up hope, you never know
Maybe a someone could correct me if I am wrong,

All the best
Make that 2
Old Jul 13th 2009, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jimmie2807
ours took 7 weeks from lodging the SS forms to getting approval. received last monday 06/07
Congratulation Jimme,

please tell how did you manage to answer following with regard to you NT SS
1. research done on avalability of jobs in your occupation.
2. cost of living idea in NT.

I did apply in May and they have requested me to provide further evidence on above two area,
BTW did you have any close relative or friends in NT?

Thanks for you help mate

Last edited by shafanm; Jul 13th 2009 at 11:35 am.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

Congratulation Jimme,

please tell how did you manage to answer following with regard to you NT SS
1. research done on avalability of jobs in your occupation.
2. cost of living idea in NT.

I did apply in May and they have requested me to provide further evidence on above two area,
BTW did you have any close relative or friends in NT?

Thanks for you help mate
In relation to the jobs side, its actually under the other halfs occupation who is a teacher. We emailed all the schools in NT with covering letters and copies of CV's, There were a few interested when we got PR so we enclosed copies of them in our application.
As for cost of living we researched Darwin and enclosed all estimates (over estimated slightly) of costs from renting a house to buying cars to groceries and also included a quote for shipping out the dog.

We really emphasised the fact we are getting married in October and that we are a young family looking to settle and start a new life there.
We also tried to include as much knowledge about the area as we could researching everything from schools, climate, dangerous animals, passtimes etc.

I have friends from Darwin but they live here in UK. they are returning next year so i didnt include any of that on the forms.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

flair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant future

am relying on my other half too; a medical doctor coz for my jobs, NT is far less developed
not much hope; only a miracle can get us there
Old Jul 13th 2009, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by flair002
am relying on my other half too; a medical doctor coz for my jobs, NT is far less developed
not much hope; only a miracle can get us there
I was looking at the figures for SS 2007-2008, WA was highest at over 13,000 The others all around 7,000 . ACT was about 170 people and right at the bottom with a mere 109 state sponsorships throughout the year was NT.

Thats one every 3.5 days from worldwide applicants. Makes you realise just how difficult it is.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 1:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

I was looking at the figures for SS 2007-2008, WA was highest at over 13,000 The others all around 7,000 . ACT was about 170 people and right at the bottom with a mere 109 state sponsorships throughout the year was NT.

Thats one every 3.5 days from worldwide applicants. Makes you realise just how difficult it is.
NT is very tough on their selection process, primarily because they cannot have to many looking for jobs when the population is only 180,000,
I also realised cost of living in NT is high compared to other states, specially rent, A 3 bedroom house in WA suburbs of Hently is $320 where as in NT its around 480.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

NT is very tough on their selection process, primarily because they cannot have to many looking for jobs when the population is only 180,000,
I also realised cost of living in NT is high compared to other states, specially rent, A 3 bedroom house in WA suburbs of Hently is $320 where as in NT its around 480.
That is true but you also have to realise the wages are also the highest in Oz so it compensates.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 7:39 am
Just Joined

sunday063 is an unknown quantity at this point

That is true but you also have to realise the wages are also the highest in Oz so it compensates.
Hi all,

I'm from Vietnam and I also applied for NT SS through an agency in Sydney. I sent all the documents he required on April but I don't know exactly when he send it to NT. Up to now, I didnot received any information from him about my case. I log in this forum to find friend and to learn all about NT, where my family will live there in future.

Please give me any advise about moving to NT.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

flair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sunday063
Hi all,

I'm from Vietnam and I also applied for NT SS through an agency in Sydney. I sent all the documents he required on April but I don't know exactly when he send it to NT. Up to now, I didnot received any information from him about my case. I log in this forum to find friend and to learn all about NT, where my family will live there in future.

Please give me any advise about moving to NT.

the best way to awake NT is by calling them... no one will look at your applicaition until u tell them that u are still alive

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.