Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Old Jan 25th 2009, 6:46 am

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Originally Posted by patnpete
The line used to be under our entry and we began to get worried in case Sandch had a private source of info and we were due for the chop.
Just been out to the post office to get a couple of Special Delivery silver pouches.......what's next? Airline tickets? then.........

Regards to All

PatnPete
Now that's what I call news! Great. Yes you were above the dreaded red line until I gratuitously removed you, then neglected to correct it when I put you back on. But all that is highly irrelevant because the waiting is at last over. Congratulations and best wishes.
Steve
Old Jan 25th 2009, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

home alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nice

Originally Posted by patnpete
Your request for more movement has been granted -

We received our LETTER this morning!

CPV143 granted 23/01/2009 :
Regards to all

Pat and Pete
BRILLIANT NEWS

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU BOTH AND YOUR FAMILY
Old Jan 27th 2009, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

susanRem is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

It is now nearly 13 months since my acknowledgement date for a 143 visa, 2 Jan 2008. Last week I decided to e-mail Perth. This is their reply.

Thank you for your email.
The POPC receives a high number of applications. Regrettably, we are
currently experiencing a backlog in allocating applications to Case
Officers. We are working to reduce this backlog and have taken steps to
manage applications as quickly as possible.

The POPC allocates cases in accordance with the Ministerial Direction
No. 32, Priority Processing. Further information about priority
processing can be found on the Department of Immigration and Citizenship
(DIAC) website at
http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sh...processing.htm.

* For Contributory Parent visa categories (subclasses 143 and 173), it
is currently taking approximately 15 months from lodgement date until
the case is allocated to a case officer.

* For Parent Migration (subclass 103), it is currently taking
approximately 16 months from lodgement date until the case is allocated
to a case officer.

Once the case is allocated to a Case Officer, they will make an
assessment of the application and request any outstanding documents and
information.

Information about parent visas is available on our website at
http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/fami...sas-parent.htm and in
Booklet 3 – Parent Migration at
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1129.pdf.

If you have a further query, we recommend that you use the
[email protected] email box. This allows the POPC to answer your email
if your contact or case officer in POPC is absent.

Regards
Perth Offshore Parents Centre

My question now is why are we spending thousands of pounds for a 143 visa when there is only a month's difference in being allocated a case officer for a 103 visa? Am I missing something?

Susan
Old Jan 27th 2009, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by susanRem
My question now is why are we spending thousands of pounds for a 143 visa when there is only a month's difference in being allocated a case officer for a 103 visa? Am I missing something?

Susan
A very interesting question Susan. I think the answer lies in what happens after a case officer is allocated. For parent visas, they are probably assessed, then queued, and it is that queue that is decades long. For the CPV, once you're in the queue, it's a short one (relatively). I'm sure someone with more experience will confirm or clarify this.
Regards
Steve

Last edited by sandch; Jan 27th 2009 at 11:53 am. Reason: grammar!
Old Jan 27th 2009, 11:50 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sandch
A very interesting question Susan. I think the answer lies in what happens after a case officer is allocated. For parent visas, they are probably assessed, then queued, and it that queue that is decades long. For the CPV, once you're in the queue, it's a short one (relatively). I'm sure someone with more experience will confirm or clarify this.
Regards
Steve
Hi

I agree with Steve. The email from POPC seems to be a standard reply and ignors the fact that visas are running out this year. If not I could get my CO any day?

Hopefully

Charlie
Old Jan 29th 2009, 10:45 am

I believe congratulations are in order for John and Lisa whose 143 visa was issued on 21 January. Australia bound at last!

Steve
Old Jan 29th 2009, 10:49 am
Axe
Forum Regular

Axe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Axe
Hi,

I have a thousand questions about having mom in Aus with us. Our aim is to have her in Aus as soon as possible (as much as possible) as she has no other family (both her children and all grandchildren are migrating to Aus) and we would like her for support in the trying early stages of emmigration. I started to read this thread, but 103 pages would take me weeks, so I hope I'm not repeating stuff that has been asked 1000 times. I've gone through the parent options on immi.gov.au but would still like some clarification.

1. We can't sponsor her until we've been in Aus for 2 years (and then the application will likely take another 2 years from then for a CPV). Is there anything we can do in the meantime? Is it possible for her to get a long stay tourist visa (676) for 12 months and keep extending it? Will this have any impact on her applying for a CPV? We don't want to risk her getting denied a permanent visa for any reason. She doesn't need work as she is retired and receives substantial investment income to support herself.

2. What's the expected processing time on a temporary CPV?

3. AoS. Does the $10,000 attract any interest over the 10 years? Can she provide her own AoS ?
Nobody?
Old Jan 29th 2009, 11:09 am

Hi Axe

I think the question about the period between now and getting a valid residence visa would be better directed to either an agent, or you might try Gill (Gollywobbler) over on Pomsinoz; I know it's a recurring theme.

The processing time for the CPV visa category I think is much the same for temp or permanent (except for the AOS processing time - I don't think an AOS is needed for the temp visa). And this varies. Ours was lodged in Nov 07, and we would hope to receive a visa in Jul / Aug 09, so 21 months. The feeling is that these times may stretch out based on current evidence, and no-one knows what the allocation is going to be for the next year (2009/10).

The AOS bond does attract interest; the AOS itself must be supplied by a suitable Australian resident, though the funds for the bond can of course be supplied to the Assurer by the applicant - which I'm sure happens in most cases! But I think the bond is held to the credit of the Assurer, as is the interest.

This is all to the best of my knowledge of course, based on what I've read.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 11:41 am

Axe: Just an afterthought. This is a thread link that may contain useful info:

http://gomatildaforums.com/eve/forum...2/m/2021059423

Also, I know some people go out on student visas believe it or not; it's worth posting a question on that aspect on the gomatilda forum or the pomsinoz forum.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 11:35 pm
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

Axe

On your qs 1.
Take a look at this article for "settled" sponsor help
http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=441

12 month 676's are allowed but no extenstions. It will most likly have a no furhter stay condition applied. You can apply, but CPVs are offshore visas so one will have to leave before grant. Also check the rules with an Agent or DMIA about having an application in BEFORE you get a Tourist visa. Others on here also may know about having both visas in play.

Qs 2. Temp CPV's take just as long as a perm CPV generally (but no AOS needed, which may cut 2 weeks off the time). With the added risk of applying for Perm later. 2008/9 visas all gone. 2009/10 visas numbers are I think now reached, so your next bet is 2010/11 allocation. Budget for around July/Aug 2010 now for a visa if you intend to submit an application soon.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 3:04 am
Axe
Forum Regular

Axe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud of

Thanks for all the help guys. As I'm not yet in Australia myself, it seems a CPV is 4 years away. That's a long time to wait. Maybe apply for onshore CPV with bridging VISA.

Thanks again
Michael
Old Jan 30th 2009, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

welshysue is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ninijon
Hi Sue,

I'll be interested to hear what you find out about form 80, my mom has not heard of it either. They too are applying with an agent. Lodged 30 November 2007.

Not sure if I am missing something here, how do we know that they have almost reached their quota for 2008 / 2009? From what I have seen on here and been told it looks like my parents wont be in this year they will have to wait till July 2009, but how do we know this? Sorry if I am asking the obvious? I just wanted to clarify how we have come to this conclusion??? Is it simply because nothing is moving???

Many thanks
Janine (Jan and Andrew)

PS Can we add them to the tracker please?
Lodged 30th November 2007
They have an agent
no med or police check requested as yet

Sorry this has taken so long to get back. Agent replied very briefly just saying all forms including Form 80 have been lodged but he didn't go into any detail about Form 80.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 6:33 pm
Just Joined

welshysue is an unknown quantity at this point

Me again, how do I access the tracker from the forum, can't see it anywhere, I've forgotten sorry!
Old Jan 30th 2009, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

patnpete is an unknown quantity at this point

Is this the address you are looking for -
http://www.sjcm.co.uk

Regards
Pete
Old Jan 30th 2009, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to all

Hi

See below:-

Charlie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.