Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Old Jan 6th 2009, 7:06 pm

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Originally Posted by Ninijon
Hi All,

Wow this is a rather long thread, tried reading it but after several hours thought I’d post a question instead

Please could some one clarify some of the terminology for me and answer a few queries? My parents lodged their 143 visa on the 30th November 2007, so far to their knowledge they have not been given a case file number or a case officer, is this normal??? It seems a long time to me to be given nothing and now I am a bit worried.

Their medical has not been requested as yet, but once they have done their medicals what is the wait period for the visa to be granted?

Where will we find the spread sheet that shows everyone’s progress? I know I have seen it before.

What does OC stand for?

Thank you so much for your help!
Janine
Hi Janine. Torquay huh? Lovely place and with the temperature at minus 5 outside this morning, and the prospect of being ignored by the sun altogether today, I know where we'd rather be. My fellow CPV sufferers seem to have answered all your queries. Would you like your parents added to the tracker?

Best wishes
Steve
Old Jan 6th 2009, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to all

Well done. Your time and effort in doing this is much appreciated.

Charlie
Old Jan 6th 2009, 7:40 pm

OK final VAC column is working. Somewhat academic for a lot of us, I know!
Old Jan 6th 2009, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by coloneldube
No news from us either, I would just like to have one of those letters. That would do for now but I guess we will have to wait for the new year.

Happy Christmas and 2009 to all fellow applicants.

Cathy & Tony
still waiting for one of those letter/emails so I know they have at least got the application!!! hearing nothing since the acknowledgement - nearly 14mths ago - is very frustrating!!!
Old Jan 6th 2009, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by donovandenese
still waiting for one of those letter/emails so I know they have at least got the application!!! hearing nothing since the acknowledgement - nearly 14mths ago - is very frustrating!!!
It certainly is frustrating. The annual summer hols are in full swing, so that might explain the delay. BBQs and beaches can be distracting!
Old Jan 6th 2009, 11:53 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

BIG PAYMENT MADE!!!!! Ouch that hurt my dads bank balance!!!!!
They applied for a CPV173 (temp cpv) with a view to apply for the 143 later. Mum mum isn't in the best of health which is why they have done it this way.
Does anyone know how long after this payment is recieved does it take for the visa to arrive? Their validation date is the 6th May 09!!!!
Old Jan 7th 2009, 12:03 am
BE Enthusiast

home alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nice

FANTASTIC NEWS CONGRATS

Thats 2 on the tracker for 2009, bring on some more, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL
Old Jan 9th 2009, 6:16 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to all

Hi

I have been trying out the CPV queue calculator on the following link:-

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/fami...priorities.htm - b

These are the results of inputting the appropriate dates:-

7 Nov 2008 100
14 Nov 2008 120
26 Nov 2008 140
1 Dec 2008 140
8 Dec 2008 150
15 Dec 2008 170
22 Dec 2008 180

Not really sure I understand what is going on. We have had our application looked at and received an ok so far letter but we haven’t been notified of a formal queue date.

Anyone got any bright ideas?

Charlie
Old Jan 10th 2009, 3:24 am
Just Joined

moresunnydays is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by caveman1
FINAL PAYMENT REQUEST

At long last we are near the end. Final payment has been requested today !!!ouch, hooray!!!

As we are currently in Aus we will be looking to doing the Auckland shuffle, going to book it up today.

More info for you to update Sanch please.

Still can't believe it after all this time waiting. Hang on in there all you CPVrs still waiting, it will be your turn before you know it. Best wishes to you all

Rita x
Congratulations to you on being asked to pay the 2nd vac, nearly there. We are still waiting to be asked to pay our 2nd vac, next week we hope.

What we want to know is roughly how long after having paid the money are you notified of the visa "GRANT" date? Also, since we are still in the UK, do POPC issue a visa grant "reference number" that we could quote in a letter that we would enclose with our passports when we send them to Australia House in London? And roughly, what is the timescale for these passports being returned.

What we are trying to do at the moment is to anticipate as far in advance as possible a timescale for having our stamped passports returned to us so that we can go ahead and book our flights to Sydney soonest for first entry to Australia to validate our visas and avoid the extravagant cost of booking flights at too short notice, any help would be much appreciated,

Hazel and Allan.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 12:40 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Visa grant usually follows within a week of payment of the main Visa Application Charge, and is advised by way of a letter (we generally receive this for our clients by way of an attachment to an email).

The letter can be copied/printed and sent with your passports to the Australian High Commission in London for visa evidencing.

Best regards.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by charlie5
Hi

Anyone got any bright ideas?

Charlie
One needs to be issued with a queue date before it has any relevance to our own applications, and like yourself Charlie, we haven't been given one. Perhaps those results reflect the small number of applicants given a queue date after having reached a reasonably advanced stage and having missed out on the 2008/9 pool - but that's pure guesswork on my behalf.

Steve
Old Jan 10th 2009, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sandch
One needs to be issued with a queue date before it has any relevance to our own applications, and like yourself Charlie, we haven't been given one. Perhaps those results reflect the small number of applicants given a queue date after having reached a reasonably advanced stage and having missed out on the 2008/9 pool - but that's pure guesswork on my behalf.

Steve
haven't heard any announcement yet saying they have run out of 08/09 visa's??
Old Jan 10th 2009, 11:33 pm
Just Joined

moresunnydays is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
Visa grant usually follows within a week of payment of the main Visa Application Charge, and is advised by way of a letter (we generally receive this for our clients by way of an attachment to an email).

The letter can be copied/printed and sent with your passports to the Australian High Commission in London for visa evidencing.

Best regards.
Thank you Alan for that information and thank you also for your very many accurate and helpful posts over the course of our interest in this web site for the last 16 months,

Best Wishes,

Hazel and Allan
Old Jan 12th 2009, 11:03 pm
Just Joined

patnpete is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sandch
OK final VAC column is working. Somewhat academic for a lot of us, I know!
Our AOS deposit was made on 9th Jan and we received our request for 2nd VAC payment this morning 13th Jan, how's that for service?
I can now understand the exuberent messages proclaiming similar news on other posts.

PS -Sandch, please read your messages on Poms in Oz site. This is my first post on this site.

patnpete
Old Jan 12th 2009, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi

Well done. It is good to hear that DIAC are still progressing visas for 2008/2009.

Charlie

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.