Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Old Jan 14th 2009, 5:39 am
BE Enthusiast

home alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nice
Default Re: the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Originally Posted by patnpete
Our AOS deposit was made on 9th Jan and we received our request for 2nd VAC payment this morning 13th Jan, how's that for service?
I can now understand the exuberent messages proclaiming similar news on other posts.

PS -Sandch, please read your messages on Poms in Oz site. This is my first post on this site.

patnpete
FANTASTIC NEWS - CONGRARULATIONS
Good luck for 2009
Old Jan 14th 2009, 7:17 am

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by patnpete
Our AOS deposit was made on 9th Jan and we received our request for 2nd VAC payment this morning 13th Jan, how's that for service?
I can now understand the exuberent messages proclaiming similar news on other posts.

PS -Sandch, please read your messages on Poms in Oz site. This is my first post on this site.

patnpete
Many congrats - have updated the tracker. Still a few of our small sample above the "red line" going through processing - but it may just be lack of updates.

All the best

Steve
Old Jan 14th 2009, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

we seem to be split into 3 groups now - the "pre red line" group, the "you'll be in 09/10 email" group (seems to be people ack between 9/10/07 and 9/11/07) and then the "heard nothing" group (anyone ack after 9/11/07)
Old Jan 14th 2009, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by donovandenese
we seem to be split into 3 groups now - the "pre red line" group, the "you'll be in 09/10 email" group (seems to be people ack between 9/10/07 and 9/11/07) and then the "heard nothing" group (anyone ack after 9/11/07)
Perhaps a "Divide and Rule" strategy by those clever folk at DIAC? Hmm. It would be interesting to know why they sent those letters out to the chosen few; a massive surge in Oct / Nov 07 applications? What we do not know (and probably DIAC don't either) is the size of the parent visa pool for 2009 / 2010. They are probably exercising extreme caution in managing expectations.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to all

As one of the “chosen few” who have received a letter, I have a theory (or is it a wild dream). The theory is that case officers are only being assigned for applications that can be guarantee for the current 2008/2009 allocation.

However, there must be some uncertainty of how many more visas can be allocated. This is the function of the “chosen few” who have been preliminary assessed in readiness for the quick processing of any remaining visas.

Charlie
Old Jan 14th 2009, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by charlie5
As one of the “chosen few” who have received a letter, I have a theory (or is it a wild dream). The theory is that case officers are only being assigned for applications that can be guarantee for the current 2008/2009 allocation.

However, there must be some uncertainty of how many more visas can be allocated. This is the function of the “chosen few” who have been preliminary assessed in readiness for the quick processing of any remaining visas.

Charlie
That's a compelling and rational viewpoint; a theory I will happily subscribe to for the time being.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 1:36 am
Just Joined

welshysue is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi from Scorching Sydney, barometer reading 43
What a brilliant site, I had heaps of questions and just reading through the posts they've nearly all been answered without even having to ask thanks everyone. Two questions not answered, when will they release the allocation of visas for subclass 143 for 2009/2010, does it go January to January and if my mum's application was acknowledged on 14 October 2008 would I be right in thinking she may not get in until possibly 2012

How do I put my mum's details on the tracker or does someone else do it.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 2:02 am
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by welshysue
What a brilliant site, I had heaps of questions and just reading through the posts they've nearly all been answered without even having to ask thanks everyone. Two questions not answered, when will they release the allocation of visas for subclass 143 for 2009/2010, does it go January to January and if my mum's application was acknowledged on 14 October 2008 would I be right in thinking she may not get in until possibly 2012

Welcome!
The release 09/10 quota on the 1st July 09. Lots on here waiting for that magical date now.

Shes at risk of being in the 10/11 quota (right on the cusp - look at the news releases on gomatilda.com and I think it was around middle october that they ran out of the 09/10 quota (subject to any adjustments to the number!). 10/11 quota is released in July 2010 - so the risk is probably late 2010 that she will get it - rather than late 2009/early 2010 if you get in the next batch.

Sandch can help you with the tracker - send him a PM
Old Jan 15th 2009, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by welshysue

A warm welcome, though you're probably warm enough come to think of it. Good luck with the long wait - a few parents have already fled to Oz on tourist visas to sit it out. We may know the visa numbers for 2009/10 in late May / June as they can start to grant them from 1 July.
Cheers
Steve
Old Jan 15th 2009, 8:26 am
Just Joined

fozz1968 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

I've been browsing this thread for what seems like forever!!!

My ack date was 13/11/07 and today I've had a letter asking me for some adl info & a form 80(which I didn't send in the first instance) so things maybe on the move again

Could you please add me to the tracker now- its nice to know my app is actually sitting on someone's desk.

Thanks
Old Jan 15th 2009, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by fozz1968
Hi All

My ack date was 13/11/07 and today I've had a letter asking me for some adl info & a form 80(which I didn't send in the first instance) so things maybe on the move again

Could you please add me to the tracker now- its nice to know my app is actually sitting on someone's desk.

Thanks
Great to have you on board. At some stage could you let us know which visa type it is and whether you are using an agent. These might prove useful to people reviewing progress. There was some inconsistency with the form 80; we were asked for one when we received the acknowledgement, but I know people who weren't asked. The only difference now I suppose is that our application has passed "initial assessment", but it won't change the timeline at all.
Cheers
Steve
Old Jan 15th 2009, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fozz1968
Hi All

Thanks
hi - did your letter say you have a case officer now if they are requesting extra info? did they send it via post or email?

My mums application was acknowledged the same day as yours but we've heard nothing at all
Old Jan 15th 2009, 9:03 am
Just Joined

fozz1968 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello again

Im applying for a CPV143-no agent and my ack letter did not ask for a form 80?

Letter recd today-is from "the officer responsible for processing my application"
so Im not really sure what that means-no mention of meds or police checks just some missing docs & form 80 which I have to send back before 24th March

I expect I only got the letter because items were missing-perhaps others have gone straight into the "ready queue"

We shall see... PS just noticed your question- letter sent to my son(sponser) in Aus(as requested when I applied - dated 12th Jan.

Last edited by fozz1968; Jan 15th 2009 at 9:05 am.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by donovandenese
hi - did your letter say you have a case officer now if they are requesting extra info? did they send it via post or email?

My mums application was acknowledged the same day as yours but we've heard nothing at all
Your Mum may have submitted these forms just after acknowledgement - ask her if she remembers filling out pages of details about relatives, countries she's travelled to etc. We were asked to when we got the acknowledgement, we sent them off in Nov 07 and heard nothing until recently.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sandch
Your Mum may have submitted these forms just after acknowledgement - ask her if she remembers filling out pages of details about relatives, countries she's travelled to etc. We were asked to when we got the acknowledgement, we sent them off in Nov 07 and heard nothing until recently.
thanks sandch - mum submitted the form 80 with her original application so we're not expecting any requests for additional info - with various people who were ack at dates just around ours receiving emails etc from immig, I'm just eagerly awaiting some kind of communication so I know they haven't lost our application!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.