Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Wikiposts

the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Old Feb 1st 2009, 7:05 am

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Hi all.

Could someone please put me right on what the "Queue Date" is. I am of the understanding that it is a date that POPC issue quite far down the line, but my agent seems to think it is the date of acknowledgement. Which is correct please?

Matt
143 ack/date 15/05/2008.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to all

Hi Matt

Have a look at this link:-

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/fami...priorities.htm - b

You will see that it is certainly NOT the date that your application was acknowledged. However, this topic is a bit of a nightmare, as queue dates do not seem to have been assigned yet in the current visa year.

Charlie
Old Feb 1st 2009, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

s4nju is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Feb 1st 2009, 6:03 pm
Just Joined

welshysue is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 6:33 pm

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sirmatt101
Hi all.

Could someone please put me right on what the "Queue Date" is. I am of the understanding that it is a date that POPC issue quite far down the line, but my agent seems to think it is the date of acknowledgement. Which is correct please?

Matt
143 ack/date 15/05/2008.
Matt: I believe it is the date that you enter the "queue", after your application has been assessed as valid by a Case Officer. If your agent thinks it is the date of acknowledgement, you might need a new agent (unless there's been some change in the rules recently)!
Regards
Steve
Old Feb 5th 2009, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by sandch
Matt: I believe it is the date that you enter the "queue", after your application has been assessed as valid by a Case Officer. If your agent thinks it is the date of acknowledgement, you might need a new agent (unless there's been some change in the rules recently)!
Regards
Steve
Having sent my agent an email voicing my concern about his interpretation, he is no longer sure of his interpretation either! He is either a "new boy" in quite a large agency, or has not dealt with the 143 visa before.To be fair the same agency have processed my daughters 175 modl visa which she was granted 23/01/09. Since applying in May 08 this will be the 3rd person dealing with our application. I am quite of the understanding that the whole process will take 18 -24 months or more, so am just waiting patiently. Cheers. Matt.
Old Feb 5th 2009, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

welshysue is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Matt
My mum's agent who I'm dealing with is always very vague with any questions I have if he answers at all! I asked him about the Form 80 and never got an answer to that either. Her case has also been passed over to someone else recently. Who are you using, maybe the same guys. We are using Downunder Emmigration.
Old Feb 5th 2009, 6:18 pm
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

Its too quiet on the CPV front. Nothing since 23rd Jan - anybody?
2 weeks of deadly silence!
Old Feb 5th 2009, 7:03 pm

No news at all recently. And another day snowed in. Ah well; this time next year......
Old Feb 5th 2009, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

No news at all recently. And another day snowed in. Ah well; this time next year......
enjoy the snow while you can - its 43.7 in adelaide today - again - i miss the snow!!
Old Feb 5th 2009, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to all

I am quite happy to have a swop.

It is very quiet above the red line in the cpv tracker with some gaps in the visa status. They are probably busy packing their goods?

Charlie
Old Feb 5th 2009, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by charlie5
I am quite happy to have a swop.

It is very quiet above the red line in the cpv tracker with some gaps in the visa status. They are probably busy packing their goods?

Charlie
I know at least one went to Oz to sit it out - not sure what has happened to the others though.

Blizzard here, drifting. If you're inside it's quite exciting, but if you have to get out (like the dog), well it's pretty horrible.
Steve
Old Feb 5th 2009, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

If you're inside it's quite exciting, but if you have to get out (like the dog), well it's pretty horrible.
Steve
you could pretty much say the same with the heat here - not too bad in the aircon - but after around 10 days over 40deg its a bit exhausting..i miss the snow, but think mum would rather be here like you...

wish there was a bit more action on the visa's - its all gone quiet
Old Feb 5th 2009, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by welshysue
Hi Matt
My mum's agent who I'm dealing with is always very vague with any questions I have if he answers at all! I asked him about the Form 80 and never got an answer to that either. Her case has also been passed over to someone else recently. Who are you using, maybe the same guys. We are using Downunder Emmigration.
Hi, we are using "The ****************", now the Immigration Group! I think the problem is that when using an agent we tend to forget they have hundreds of other visa applicants they are dealing with at the same time! I have yet to pose the question of form 80, will sort this one first!

Last edited by sirmatt101; Feb 5th 2009 at 9:41 pm.
Old Feb 5th 2009, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by donovandenese
you could pretty much say the same with the heat here - not too bad in the aircon - but after around 10 days over 40deg its a bit exhausting..i miss the snow, but think mum would rather be here like you...

wish there was a bit more action on the visa's - its all gone quiet
You sound just like the some of the people on the programme "A Place Down Under"! Best you get back here to the cold, snow, no jobs, staying indoors from October to March, no barbies for 6 months, expensive petrol, etc etc and let some of us out there!!!

Mind you, this time last year I was in Queensland and had to put off a pleasure flight for my 60th 4 times due to the wet weather!!

Last edited by sirmatt101; Feb 5th 2009 at 9:46 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.