Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

Old Jul 1st 2008, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

geelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud of
Default Re: 5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

To quote from the ISCAH site:

"28th May 2008 : There may well be a decision on the $100,000 investment in the next 4 weeks. From what we hear it will be good news. Note this is not in any way official !! "

No mention of July 1st.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

geelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by scudge
Somebody must have media connections. I still think the only way to get through to DIAC to get answers is through the press. I know we tried this route but how hard did we try???

Personally, we must have tried the best part of about 20, some more than once - and not one reply.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Dear all,

The Minister's letter suggested that the place to look is http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener.../whats-new.htm , and no, it may not be there at 9am tomorrow morning but one would assume that the involvement of the Ombudsman today was a part of a process of consulting with stakeholders. The signals that change is taking place are pretty much overwhelming now, but the 1 July date, we'll find out in less than 12 hours how strong that part of the rumour is.

Cheers,

George Lombard

I took this as quite positive news personally.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

on air mobile is an unknown quantity at this point

focus on one of the channel, keep calling them in one week,,,,,5000 victims at least have 1000 person can make calls through the phone line....so in total will be 1000 news. but the problem is how can we make all the victims to join us.
I think they may be interest with us from the 1000 calls.....give me some ideas.......medium is the only way to pass the information to the minister...

Last edited by on air mobile; Jul 1st 2008 at 12:50 pm.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

lyse will become famous soon enough

Please post the number of the news channel we are going to target and I will gladly be one of the 1000 to make a call to complain. We should set a day or two on which to do it though so they get flooded by call after call on the same issue. A newsroom worth its salt shouldn't ignore a flood of similar complaints.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

bigpond is an unknown quantity at this point

If you c DIAC website ul find about every month there are changes in legislation..

Here is channel 7 today to night.

Please address your mail or fax to the Today Tonight office in your capital city.

Channel Seven AdelaideMailing address:
45-49 Park Terrace
GILBERTON SA 5081
Switchboard: (08) 8342 7777
General fax: (08) 8342 7717
Channel Seven BrisbaneMailing address:
GPO Box 604
MOUNT COOT-THA QLD 4001
Switchboard: (07) 3369 7777
General fax: (07) 3368 2970
Channel Seven MelbourneMailing address:
GPO Box 4477
MELBOURNE VICTORIA 3001
Switchboard: (03) 9697 7777
General fax: (03) 9697 7846
Channel Seven PerthMailing address:
PO Box 77
TUART HILL WA 6060
Switchboard: (08) 9344 0777
General fax: (08) 9344 0670
Channel Seven SydneyMailing address:
PO Box 777
PYRMONT NSW 2007
Switchboard: (02) 8777 7777
Today Tonight fax: (02) 8777 7754

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

seven news & public affairs websites
The Seven News websites, including Seven News, Sunrise and Today Tonight, support Seven News and public affairs broadcasts nationally for the Seven Network.

The websites are produced by a team of journalists based in Seven's Sydney newsroom.

The mailing address for the websites is:

Seven News websites
Seven News
PO Box 777
Pyrmont NSW 2009
Switchboard: (02) 8777 7777
Newsroom fax: (02) 8777 7755

Last edited by bigpond; Jul 1st 2008 at 1:14 pm.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

let us crash the phone line .......drop it hard.......

first step : choose the channel
second step : decide the date
third step : spending our phone credit
Old Jul 1st 2008, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

Jimmyinaustralia is an unknown quantity at this point

Lets do this guys.... enough of this XXXXX...

calling a news channel is a excellent step.. and they won't ignore us for long.

Last edited by Pollyana; Jul 1st 2008 at 1:11 pm. Reason: You have been told before to mind your language. please heed my request.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

Yes maybe some of the victims already tried to communicate with the media but we have to try it again ,as many times as we can, by the way my friend told me that one of the chinese newspaper already post our stories on.......maybe someone interest.......why not
channel10 or channel 9 ????????

give me some ideas

Last edited by on air mobile; Jul 1st 2008 at 1:19 pm.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

lyse will become famous soon enough

And let's not forget to mention that some of us have sold our homes, spent money on agents and application fees etc in anticipation of the fact that we actually qualified with enough points pre-Sept 1 when we all applied.
Some of us may now have to outlay school uniforms, pay deposits and a year's school fees up front for 2009 because we have no idea when the dilemma will be resolved. Emphasize the human side of the story, lives and dreams on hold etc. Also the fact that we believe Aus is a wonderful place in which to bring up children because it is family friendly and the fact some of us are wanting to join family over there who are Australian Citizens.
If we are headed to designated/regional areas then we should also mention this as the govt is trying to attract skills to these places.
We must also make sure we speak to the news editor so we don't all end up speaking to a different reporter.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

nice one lyse

"cry cry cry" i will spend 10 min to cry and another 30 min to tell my stories......how hard it is.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

Channel 9 South Australia

Address
202 Tynte St
North Adelaide, South Australia, 5006

Phone
+61 (0)8 8267 0111

Fax
+61 (0)8 8267 3996
Old Jul 1st 2008, 1:25 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by on air mobile
Yes maybe some of the victims already tried to communicate with the media but we have to try it again ,as many times as we can, by the way my friend told me that one of the chinese newspaper already post our stories on.......maybe someone interest.......why not
channel10 or channel 9 ????????

give me some ideas
In reply to comments, the average Australian has more important issues to worry about than the complaints of a few "unhappy" wannabee migrants. Also, approaching the TV channels would be a complete waste of time, as programmes such as "A Current Affair", "Today Tonight" etc, are treated as somewhat of a joke in media and public circles. That is because their credibility is almost non-existant and very few people actually bother to watch them, because they have been caught out so often broadcasting misleading and sometimes false reports. Anyway, if the general public actually bothered to watch, the major comment would be "yawn!!!!!" or "who gives a F***!!!". BTW, you would only get approximately 3 minutes of airtime.
The only people to blame are the individual (apparently a migrant working in a financial institution) that concocted the scam, and the ones that used the money from the scam to get loans to get their required money.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

think about the newspapers.......shall we call them.......the minister reads newspapers

Last edited by on air mobile; Jul 1st 2008 at 1:36 pm.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

(apparently a migrant working in a financial institution) that concocted the scam, and the ones that used the money from the scam to get loans to get their required money.that is the reason for them to hold us

May be we can provide the statement shows that our money was coming from overseas and my agent said may be the DIAC and the states are going to fix the problems according to the scam.......

Last edited by on air mobile; Jul 1st 2008 at 1:56 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.