Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

Old Jul 2nd 2008, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

sankan1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

What if I organise some of other victim to lodge complain against DIAC through Ombudusman. Is that going to help us? I can find more than 20 cases like us who will be ready to lodge complain. Should we lodge complain as a group or independantly ?

Last edited by sankan1; Jul 2nd 2008 at 12:41 pm.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

Joannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to all

I would lodge independantly, each case gets a unique reference greater the number of complaints all adds weight to the case. Are your 20 people affected from a different thread?
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 8:38 pm
darrens1

darrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nice

Not posted for a while (Pointless at present)

My contribution is similar too those of Geelong and Gazzap
I have been monitoring the thread closely, however I, like many others participated with action (Not words) when it was required...collectively.

My advise would be, Be patient in these difficult times. Difficult I know.

I am confident all will get resolved at some point in the near future.
Remember, No official department has ever advised any specific dates when this would get or if this even would be resolved.
The majority of us have been hoping that things will get sorted out 1/7/08
This has simply been based on speculation, wishful thinking, reliable sources etc etc etc.........but nothing from an official dept.

I am curious to establish that why, after so long, individuals have started too join the thread now rather than previously ? (All are welcome)
Why have these individuals not offered support previously.
Any specific reason why not??

No matter who we contact, DIAC will do something when it suits them.... not us

Not a negative post but in my view......simply realistic .

darrens
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

bigpond is an unknown quantity at this point

To those people who would be looking for legal action, it will cost you at least good 2/3 years if you go through MRT, or another legal action would take same duration of time.So its better not to mess up with DIAC.A complain to Obdusman has already been made.From my view we try to push obdusman to get DIAC to resolve soon but any legal action is worthless as it would be time consuming and remember, once any legal action taken, no one gets positive results unless tribunal order on our way after at least 2/3 years.Its hard to wait,but nothing much we can do.
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 12:49 am
Forum Regular

sankan1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have talked with my migration agent today morning, he adviced me to wait. He has unofficial information that Ministery's investigation is not finished yet, once they finish with investigation they will come up with result (dont know what they are investigating). Making too many complain will force them to come up with any hasty decision. My agent told me they should come up with something in 1 month if not than wait for another one month and than go ahead with complaint. I dont know what to do, but I think bigpond, darren1 has weight in their comment. I shall wait for another 2 month before making any complain.
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

on air mobile is an unknown quantity at this point

please call COMMONWEALTH OMBUDSMAN talk to tracy waters. I was talking to her an hour ago....but i do not have the reference number according to our Complaint Form. so she could not tell me anything ,I did sumit another form, as she can call me back soon.....i am still waiting.....

Last edited by on air mobile; Jul 3rd 2008 at 3:03 am.
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 3:01 am
Just Joined

Shoaib is an unknown quantity at this point

My story (along with my picture) was reported in SMH

here is the link

I guess I am the oldest applicant as I applied on 27th Feb 08. So beside doing what I could do, my advice is still "patience".

I have been getting rumors from very first day when they broke this news. I was told a decesion shall come after X-mas, then end of feb, then may, then july and time passes on. But I am positive that there is a decesion coming soon. My presence in Australia also makes me confident and less woried as well, that If a decesion is made and we given PR, i wont' have to wait longer before I could apply for citizen ship as this time i m spending here w'd be counted.

As they say in my country " If God closes a door on us, He opens another 1000 doors somewhere for us".
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

Brisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the rough

I agree with Darren, let's relax and enjoy our summer. I am sure that
DIAC will announce the resolution in the coming weeks. We should not give so much credits to rumours. We should be patient and be happy that we have not been rejected in the first week when the scandal broke out. We have been waiting for 7 months, and surely, they are working on a resolution. The most important news are DIAC's news, because they are official.

Cheers
Brisbound

Originally Posted by darrens1

My advise would be, Be patient in these difficult times. Difficult I know.

I am confident all will get resolved at some point in the near future.
Remember, No official department has ever advised any specific dates when this would get or if this even would be resolved.
The majority of us have been hoping that things will get sorted out 1/7/08
This has simply been based on speculation, wishful thinking, reliable sources etc etc etc.........but nothing from an official dept.
darrens
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 6:36 am
BE Enthusiast

geelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Shoaib
My story (along with my picture) was reported in SMH

here is the link

I guess I am the oldest applicant as I applied on 27th Feb 08. So beside doing what I could do, my advice is still "patience".

I have been getting rumors from very first day when they broke this news. I was told a decesion shall come after X-mas, then end of feb, then may, then july and time passes on. But I am positive that there is a decesion coming soon. My presence in Australia also makes me confident and less woried as well, that If a decesion is made and we given PR, i wont' have to wait longer before I could apply for citizen ship as this time i m spending here w'd be counted.

As they say in my country " If God closes a door on us, He opens another 1000 doors somewhere for us".
All you can think is, at least you are waiting for a solution whilst living in Australia. If, (and I don't think this will happen) we are turned down, you have been able to enjoy what Australia has had to offer. There are lots of us who haven't left our country of origin yet.
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 6:55 am
Just Joined

Shoaib is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by geelong
All you can think is, at least you are waiting for a solution whilst living in Australia. If, (and I don't think this will happen) we are turned down, you have been able to enjoy what Australia has had to offer. There are lots of us who haven't left our country of origin yet.
Well,

I did suffer a lot and it wasn't very enjoyable as well. I got married last yr back home and after 1 month I came back to australia with a mind that I'd get PR in 1/2 months and I'd be able to apply for my wife's spouse visa and here I am, living all alone :'(.

Although I have had best of time, when I was in UNI here in Sydney, that's why I said, there will be million other(good) doors for us to explore.
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

Tom_VI is on a distinguished road

Yesterday we had the kind confirmation from the ombudsman's office that they met with senior DIAC officers on 1 July 2008 and that DIAC acknowledged in this meeting the difficulties being experienced by many visa applicants following the withdrawal of the State and Territory governments from the Capital Investment Scheme. Further they informed the Ombudsman that they are exploring strategies to address the situation with the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship.
Well, that is nothing new really, but I post it just to keep you informed.
I am aware that they won't tell us in an e-mail the content of their talks during the meeting, but at least they are doing something and we should keep on supporting them (pushing them in a friendly way) to keep things moving!!!!

Last edited by Tom_VI; Jul 3rd 2008 at 8:04 am.
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

tracy waters FROM COMMONWEALTH OMBUDSMAN called me back at 4.30 and she told me the DIAC is working on our case, so not far away.....
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

Jimmyinaustralia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by on air mobile
tracy waters FROM COMMONWEALTH OMBUDSMAN called me back at 4.30 and she told me the DIAC is working on our case, so not far away.....

Thanks for sharing the news mate. Could you pls tell us in bit more detail about what she told u about the meeting and how positive she sounded about the whole issue.

Cheers.
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

The meeting between Ombudsman and senior DIAC officers took on 1 July 2008. During the meeting DIAC acknowledged the difficulties being experienced by many visa applicants following the withdrawal of the State and Territory governments from the Capital Investment Scheme.
DIAC said that it is exploring strategies to address the situation with the Minister. This office does not have jurisdiction over the actions and decisions of the Minister .
ombudsman have sought further information about the methods by which DIAC may be able to provide clearer information to affected visa applicants.
however, they will provide further information as it becomes available.

Last edited by on air mobile; Jul 3rd 2008 at 12:20 pm.
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

so i do think our life is holding by minister chris evans, so i hope he will help us........

Last edited by on air mobile; Jul 3rd 2008 at 12:27 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.