Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

Old Jul 1st 2008, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

sUmmer_rAin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

Originally Posted by Joannec2014
By the way who'd of ever thought we'd all still be here at page 100?????!!!!!!!
I am really glad that atleast by means of this problem I came to know peoples who are supporting each other for 100 pages.

Friends pls be patient and that day is not that far away when we will hear the good news. Friends no where it was mentioned that something is coming in the 1st of July( it was only mentioned 2-3 weeks or according to the letter from the minister's office in the coming weeks but not 1st of July). Therefore friends pls do not get upset with a date which we made up ourselves.

Good Luck to everyone!!!!!

Cheers
sUmmer_rAin
Old Jul 1st 2008, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

lyse will become famous soon enough

Pomerz thanks for confirming that your 136 application (and not the state sponsored) is going ahead, that is great comfort for us all at this stage of the waiting game.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

MontyMon is a jewel in the roughMontyMon is a jewel in the roughMontyMon is a jewel in the roughMontyMon is a jewel in the roughMontyMon is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by scudge
Hi,
It would be interesting to find out what Steve O'Neills (ISCAH) take on the lack of developments in our favour. I recall it was from their web site that they forcast a decision in our favour on JULY 1ST ???
Infact any of the agents ie: George etc... Any words that may in some way lift moral after this knock out blow??
/S.
I emailed ISCAH this morning for their slant on the situation now, I will post their reply.

I am really not sure what we (as a couple) are going to do now. We had half joked about looking to go to NZ instead, this looks more like a serious option right now.

To be honest at no point was it set in concrete that a announcement would be made on 1/7, that was just the way we interpreted the rumours flying around. I guess that if we have no new news within the next seven days then we (as a forum) may need to map out a new plan of attack.

PS I think that Joanne is correct about John Howard changing the law to prevent legal action against DIAC (I will check though)

Last edited by MontyMon; Jul 1st 2008 at 8:15 pm.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

bigpond is an unknown quantity at this point

HI, guys Good Morning.How about we contact here now?
May be call his office,fax or any other way....just let him know about our situation and life in limbo.

Prime Minister
Parliament House
Suite MG 8
Parliament House
Canberra ACT 2600
Tel02) 6277 7700
Fax02) 6273 4100
Griffith Electorate Office
630 Wynnum Road
Morningside, QLD, 4170
Tel07) 3899 4031
Fax07) 3899 5755
Postal Address:
PO Box 476A
Morningside, QLD, 4170
Web:http://www.pm.gov.au
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 12:25 am
Forum Regular

kenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nice

http://www.iscah.com/Iscahnewsletter120.pdf

this site saying the bond scheme option replacement will be released 2/3 weeks from 16/Jun/08 onwards. So we assume that it will happen in early July.

However, there will be no gurantee and matters subject to processing under the slow-motion-government.

Alternatively you can write to us via [email protected]. We are preparing a petition ready to submit to DIAC at Adelaide in person if we got no news or further notice by 16/Jul/08.

Lastly, we are on the same boat so please look after each other.

cheers,

jack tan
[email protected]
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

on air mobile is an unknown quantity at this point

I called their office already.....and the staff there was nice......but unless more victims can call them ,then they will report "limbo" to Prime Minister.....maybe
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 3:00 am
Forum Regular

bigpond is an unknown quantity at this point

!!!!

Last edited by bigpond; Jul 2nd 2008 at 3:38 am.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 4:21 am
Forum Regular

on air mobile is an unknown quantity at this point

already page 101................hope we can finish it in page 120..............

good luck "limbo"
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 6:24 am
BE Enthusiast

geelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kenwen20
http://www.iscah.com/Iscahnewsletter120.pdf

this site saying the bond scheme option replacement will be released 2/3 weeks from 16/Jun/08 onwards. So we assume that it will happen in early July.

[email protected]

This is their best guess on the situation from information they have, it is not an official timescale. I wouldn't assume anything.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

sailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bigpond
HI, guys Good Morning.How about we contact here now?
May be call his office,fax or any other way....just let him know about our situation and life in limbo.

Prime Minister
Parliament House
Suite MG 8
Parliament House
Canberra ACT 2600
Tel02) 6277 7700
Fax02) 6273 4100
Griffith Electorate Office
630 Wynnum Road
Morningside, QLD, 4170
Tel07) 3899 4031
Fax07) 3899 5755
Postal Address:
PO Box 476A
Morningside, QLD, 4170
Web:http://www.pm.gov.au
How about the Governor General? Or maybe the Queen?
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

Hi Guys

Just spoken to my agents a moment ago and they have had a request for medicals and PCC for one of their other clients who lodged on August 2 (who is in the same boat as us all re the investment) so it does sound like they are processing our applications regardless of the dilemma. My guess is that there is not going to be any blanket announcement but that they are going to assess us all on a case by case basis. It makes more sense if you think of it from DIAC's perspective because that way they can better assure themselves that no scamsters slip in unnoticed. If they are busy with August applications now, I think there is little chance of an announcement as there will be no point once they get to the bottom of the pre-sept pile.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

geelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud of

Thanks for that Lyse. It certainly looks as though they are processing them all in the background.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Gazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really nice

Originally Posted by kenwen20

Alternatively you can write to us via [email protected]. We are preparing a petition ready to submit to DIAC at Adelaide in person if we got no news or further notice by 16/Jul/08.
]
Why prepare a new petition, when there is already one in existence?
Add to and use that.
Although I notice that there have been some quite obvious multi signings by the same person- that is a good way to get any petition thrown straight into the trash, not clever!
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

Hear hear Gazzap. I wonder what became of our petition? But honestly, I am not keen to public on this after thinking about it as I believe they are working on our applications and this is probably why we have not heard anything.
We might hear only after the fact when all the applications have been assessed that they made a plan for X number of applicants to ensure fair play under the circumstances.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

I am sure that there was an announcement a few months back allocating an extra 5000 (from memory) visa's for July. Too much to hope that this number, which coincides with those caught up in the bond issue, is for us.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.