Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

Old Apr 10th 2008, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

tscriven is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

Originally Posted by buzzersdownunder
I am just about to start emailing/contacting people. Can anyone who has any contact details email addresses or phone numbers please pm them to me. I will let yo know if I find any of the missing contacts. Geelong can you send me your contact list Thanks

Buzzersdownunder

Geelong/Buzzersdownunder, would be grateful if you could also pass on the contact details etc. to me as well and then I'll get sending!

Thanks,
TScriven
Old Apr 10th 2008, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

buzzersdownunder is on a distinguished road

Below is a list of contact emails and websites. The websites have facilities for sending an online email choose contact us or sendnews tabs usually at the bottom of the home page.

Hope this helps

Emails
BBC Watchdog - [email protected]
Sydney Morning Herald - [email protected]
The Age (Melbourne) - [email protected]
Herald Sun (Melbourne) - [email protected]
Details: Senator Christopher Ellison [email protected]
Bernie Waters MIA CEO email [email protected]

Websites
BBC Australian Correspondant
Channel 9 - A Current Affair - http://aca.ninemsn.com.au
Channel 7 - Today Tonight - http://au.todaytonight.yahoo.com
Courier Mail (Brisbane) - www.news.com.au/couriermail
Adelaide Advertiser - www.news.com.au/adelaidenow
The Canberra Times http://canberra.yourguide.com.au
Australian Govt Ombudsman-http://www.comb.gov.au/commonwealth/...omplaints_home

The Daily Telegraph (Sydney) - www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph
Old Apr 10th 2008, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

tscriven is on a distinguished road

Below is a list of contact emails and websites. The websites have facilities for sending an online email choose contact us or sendnews tabs usually at the bottom of the home page.

Hope this helps

Emails

Websites

Great, thanks for this!
Old Apr 10th 2008, 3:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really nice

Hope this helps

Emails

Websites

Well done!
That's my evening gone again
Old Apr 10th 2008, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

Joannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to all

BBC Correspondant can be contacted via the folowing person:
l
[email protected] (Marketing & PR Manager, BBC World Australasia)
Old Apr 10th 2008, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

scudge is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Gazzap
Well done!
That's my evening gone again
Thanks for the info, thats perfect!!
Lets make our voices heard, this fiasco has gone on far to long.
If everybody sends something describing their experience then we are sure to raise the profile on this.
Scudge.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Joannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to all

Kurt, Thank you for visiting the forum if you are able to continue seeking out others affected in Germany that would also be a step forward. I remember life before I found BE and was feeling pretty isolated on this as there was no media coverage and no change on the DIAC/DIMIA 'Whats New' page. I only found BE by typing random things into google - Thank god I did find the site otherwise I'd really have gone crazy with no news at all!! Viel Gluck!!
Old Apr 10th 2008, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

Tom_VI is on a distinguished road

Thank you Joannec2014,

selfish as I am (only jokin') I will do my best but so far I did not get an answer to my question if there is somebody out in the "German wood" who is in the same situation.
For us it would be a killer, the main applicant will turn 35 next month and State Sponsorship might only be possible in SA, property is sold, we can't improve via IELTS because we had already the 20 points scored................and I am already to old to apply. Did that once before in '94 and was not accepted because my studies didn't comply with Oz standards.

Last edited by Tom_VI; Apr 10th 2008 at 8:55 pm.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

Same for us we've already been knocked back for State Sponsorship so this is really our only chance.....the trouble is it takes so long to apply life and time moves on! My husband is 37 this year. Ironically if I was in Oz I could apply for about four different jobs that are on the MODL but I don't have seven years in each...rather I've worked on a large government contract in several different roles yet this experience (or my two degrees!) is clearly not enough to apply in my own right grrrhhhh I'm in my early thirties so otherwise this would have been an option...anyway I think both our Skill Assessments are now out of date and I'm not paying another single penny on applying - I mean where is the incentive when they can just change the rules?

Fingers crossed that logic and reason will prevail!!!
Old Apr 11th 2008, 2:05 am
Forum Regular

mcts is on a distinguished road

iam getting impatient and frustrated day by day moment by moment ,
this is too much of wait , 4 months is long time .............
i presume our visas will be rejected and some insane reason will be given for it .................... what a loser like destiny is this .................................................. ................
Old Apr 11th 2008, 2:31 am
Forum Regular

Jimmyinaustralia is an unknown quantity at this point

I have also sent an e-mail to most of the e-mail addresses specified above.

@mcts

DIAC can't reject our visas just like that. Agreed they r taking too long but at the same time there is no "VALID" reason as to how they can reject our visas.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 4:11 am
Just Joined

p031642 is on a distinguished road

I'm feeling down and disheartened too. If DIAC is really rejecting our application, at no fault of us it may reflects a bad image on them.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

Lets not forget there is a legal element to all this they invited us to apply on those terms and then (through no fault of their own) had to change the rules because of the two people alledged to have helped the Indian nationals get loans etc. The law is on our side here folks as the department was forced to change its rules AFTER we have applied. Thererfore there is a legal obligation for DIAC to navigate a way around this. IF our application is rejected for a whimsical reason (bearing in mind our doctor said we were fine for the medicals and there is nothing on our police record) then I'm sure we would have a good case to pursue this throught the courts. However when you have to fight for things like this they don't taste as sweet when you actually get it I'd always feel like Australia didn't really want me if you know what I mean?!

As a complete aside have you guys seen the interest on mortgages in Oz it is absolutely crazy 8.5% is the cheapest I've seen!!!! Almost makes you think twice
Old Apr 11th 2008, 7:29 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Remember that the Department hasn't changed the "rules." The "rules" remain exactly as they were before. The problem is that State and Territory Treasury Corporations won't accept your money any more.

Best regards.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

Tom_VI is on a distinguished road

I didn't go through all the postings, but did anyone ever tried to find out how many people (including spouse, children....everybody on the application) on BE (or other boards) are actually affected by the withdrawl of the Investement Bond 5 Bonus point possibility?
How many are we here? 10, 20, ..50?????

To start with we are 3 persons.

So far everybody acts on its own or some are grouped on one letter, which is good, but maybe we should start to find out how many we really are.

That might give an idea if they can just sit and wait until everybody has switched to another visa option or redone the IELTS or if there is a chance to convince them to act and resolve it in a for us positive way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.