Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

Old Apr 11th 2008, 4:53 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

Originally Posted by scudge
Alan,

Much appreciated - thanks!

Scudge.
Dear Everyone,

It's important to remember that there were recently reliable indications of a constructive decision being made at a future date, and that future date, by my calculations, is next week when, coincidentally, the Prime Minister returns from his overseas trip and Cabinet can meet.

I think therefore it's important that all of you maintain a positive tone in your communication with the Minister, just for now. Remember that if he's taking this issue to Cabinet he'll have to address his colleagues on your behalf...

Cheers,

George Lombard

Last edited by George Lombard; Apr 11th 2008 at 4:53 pm. Reason: typo
Old Apr 11th 2008, 5:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

geelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Dear Everyone,

It's important to remember that there were recently reliable indications of a constructive decision being made at a future date, and that future date, by my calculations, is next week when, coincidentally, the Prime Minister returns from his overseas trip and Cabinet can meet.

I think therefore it's important that all of you maintain a positive tone in your communication with the Minister, just for now. Remember that if he's taking this issue to Cabinet he'll have to address his colleagues on your behalf...

Cheers,

George Lombard
Lets just hope for a positive outcome soon.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

Joannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to all

Thanks to both Migration Agents who are still looking into this and feeding back any information they might have I appreciate you don't have to do that
Old Apr 11th 2008, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

SteveandGina is on a distinguished road

Dear Everyone,

Cheers,

George Lombard
Thanks for this George,

We are feeling very sad that we haven't heard anything yet but we're still trying to keep positive for now. Our agent is still advising to sit tight for now (but it is becoming more stressful as every week passes), as he is still optimistic of a favourable outcome for us all.

To help everyone else with all the effort they've been putting in recently, we are currently drawing up an improved version of our story to send to many of the links you've all provided.

If anyone is interested in the 227 Indian students chatting about the bond issue in their forum, many already in Australia, here it is : http://www.downundernewslinks.com/?p=2369

Thanks & Kind Regards
Steve & Gina
Old Apr 11th 2008, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

buzzersdownunder is on a distinguished road

THANKS GEORGE
After a depressing week of posts on the forum you have managed to lift my spirits.
Lets hope for a positive outcome in the next few weeks.
And I reiterate other posts to say your's and Alan's input is greatly appreciated.

Buzzersdownunder
Old Apr 11th 2008, 9:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

geelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud of

Just been back to the Australia & New Zealand Magazine forum for the first time in a while, and they reference this thread and are asking for people in our position.

So here's the link

http://forums.homesworldwide.co.uk/i...showtopic=1046
Old Apr 11th 2008, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

Brisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the rough

Hi Everyone,

Thank you Alan and George for your updates.

I hope that Mr Evans, the immigration ministre, will come up to a positive resolution of the bond problem. We have been waiting for months to hear from DIAC. It is time for DIAC to do justice and give us the 5 bonus points we applied for.
The bond problem was not of our making, we are victims and I hope that we will be treated fairly after these arduous and
strenuous past months.

Have good weekend guys

Best regards
Brisbound
Old Apr 12th 2008, 12:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Gazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really nice

Dear Everyone,

It's important to remember that there were recently reliable indications of a constructive decision being made at a future date, and that future date, by my calculations, is next week...

Cheers,

George Lombard
I am interested in how you agents come up with these predictions?
Alan Collet posted on 20th March that 2-3 weeks was how long we were to wait until an announcement was probable. Alan most recent prediction is 'the next month to 6 weeks is key'.
Now George implies it's next week. Would anyone mind telling us what these 'reliable indications' are? If you are receiving new info please tell us?

Because this having our hopes raised then killed off, then a new rumour, is a pretty desperate for us (well, me anyway).

I assume you guys are trying to help, but please be sensitive to the extreme stress some of us are under here.

I'd find it quite comical if I wasn't one of the saddo's who I have nothing better, than believe it all
Old Apr 12th 2008, 3:25 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gazzap
I am interested in how you agents come up with these predictions?
Alan Collet posted on 20th March that 2-3 weeks was how long we were to wait until an announcement was probable. Alan most recent prediction is 'the next month to 6 weeks is key'.
Now George implies it's next week. Would anyone mind telling us what these 'reliable indications' are? If you are receiving new info please tell us?

Because this having our hopes raised then killed off, then a new rumour, is a pretty desperate for us (well, me anyway).

I assume you guys are trying to help, but please be sensitive to the extreme stress some of us are under here.

I'd find it quite comical if I wasn't one of the saddo's who I have nothing better, than believe it all
Hi Gazza,

None of this is rocket science - about 20 March was when we heard we had about three weeks to wait, and now it's clear that ties in with the next meeting of Cabinet because the PM has been away, and given that Cabinet would need to clear any decision, I'm confident that the decision is being made in that context and timeframe, provided Cabinet agrees. If Cabinet doesn't agree, or postpones a decision, then write your own betting market. Probably Alan's thinking hasn't looked at that aspect, but having worked in Canberra for a number of years this is what I see in the tea leaves.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Apr 12th 2008, 4:12 am
BE Enthusiast

xizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SteveandGina

If anyone is interested in the 227 Indian students chatting about the bond issue in their forum, many already in Australia, here it is : http://www.downundernewslinks.com/?p=2369

Thanks & Kind Regards
Steve & Gina
For what it's worth, the latest poster "Justice" gave a rather sobering wake-up call to the self-righteous whingers on the same board above. Might be worth a read.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really nice

Originally Posted by xizzles
For what it's worth, the latest poster "Justice" gave a rather sobering wake-up call to the self-righteous whingers on the same board above. Might be worth a read.

A bit O/T; but I can't figure out that website (http://www.downundernewslinks.com/?p=2369), have you seen the homepage tag-line
How a load of 'whinging' Indians have found there way onto that website confuses me...
Old Apr 13th 2008, 12:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Gazza,

None of this is rocket science - about 20 March was when we heard we had about three weeks to wait, and now it's clear that ties in with the next meeting of Cabinet because the PM has been away, and given that Cabinet would need to clear any decision, I'm confident that the decision is being made in that context and timeframe, provided Cabinet agrees. If Cabinet doesn't agree, or postpones a decision, then write your own betting market. Probably Alan's thinking hasn't looked at that aspect, but having worked in Canberra for a number of years this is what I see in the tea leaves.

Cheers,

George Lombard

No not rocket science, but thanks for patronising me.
It was first reported as '2-3 weeks' from 20th March, so without using rocket science but my old calculator we get to some-where between 3rd and 10th April.
But you now make it next week. Whereas Alan makes it 1 month to 6 weeks away.
Not to mention, that a short while ago it was being suggested a decision had already been made, but now that may be next week, or if not, no idea when.
I guess if one makes enough predictions (or looks in the tea leaves), one will eventually get it right?

As I said before, spare us the false hopes a little if you can please.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 12:08 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

A bit O/T; but I can't figure out that website (http://www.downundernewslinks.com/?p=2369), have you seen the homepage tag-line
How a load of 'whinging' Indians have found there way onto that website confuses me...
Yeah its a bit odd isnt it with that strap line
Old Apr 13th 2008, 12:46 am
Forum Regular

mcts is on a distinguished road

Hi geroge ,
U r one of the best agents that i have come across so far .
please answer some of the queries .

What are the chances u think that a positivie outcome will be made in the favour of the victims or dimia will say pack ur bags and leave ?
Can they simply ask the applicants that the rule is now no longer there , apply on some other visa or else go .....?

what are the options u think that can be there if dimia has something positive in there minds ?

thanks .
Old Apr 13th 2008, 3:22 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

No not rocket science, but thanks for patronising me.
It was first reported as '2-3 weeks' from 20th March, so without using rocket science but my old calculator we get to some-where between 3rd and 10th April.
But you now make it next week. Whereas Alan makes it 1 month to 6 weeks away.
Not to mention, that a short while ago it was being suggested a decision had already been made, but now that may be next week, or if not, no idea when.
I guess if one makes enough predictions (or looks in the tea leaves), one will eventually get it right?

As I said before, spare us the false hopes a little if you can please.

And you can spare us your unwelcome comments. The sooner you reconcile yourself to the fact that you are in no position to demand anything from the Australian Government the better for all of us.

In the meantime George and I give you (and others) the benefits of our opinions and experiences in an effort to inform. We claim no inside knowledge (at least I don't) - whether you choose to have regard to them is your decision: I don't compel you to read this forum.

Regards.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.