Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

Old Jul 8th 2008, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

Tom_VI is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

Hi llxdr,
good to get to know more and more "victims" of the Investement Bond withdrawal.
Did you hear about our petition (www.gopetition.com.au/online/18936.html) and could you please pass on the link to the other 50 victims that you know and ask them to sign it?
Can you give also some information about the other forum where they communicate?
Together we will be (a bit) stronger!
Thank you!
Old Jul 8th 2008, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

Joannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to all

Have we got to the stage where anyones original medical and police checks have expired? If so have you been given any advice on whether new ones should be submitted? Just curious!
Old Jul 8th 2008, 11:34 am
Just Joined

Norry_Lar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Joannec2014
Have we got to the stage where anyones original medical and police checks have expired? If so have you been given any advice on whether new ones should be submitted? Just curious!

Our Police checks expired a while ago as our application went in April 2007. Our agent has suggested we get it redone straight away. Our medicals expire in September, so we are hoping a decision will be made before then, otherwise we need to decide whether we continue with this or not. We'll be redoing our police checks when we hear something a little more positive but not just yet.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 11:40 am
Just Joined

wooly is an unknown quantity at this point

Our medicals expired in April 2008 and our police clearance expired in June 2008. Our agent had advised not to do anything at this stage, so we are going on his advice. Our application was lodged on the 29th January 2007 and a CO allocated in February 2007. So it has been a very long 18 months and looks like there is no end in sight at this stage.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 3:36 pm
Just Joined

Ozexplorer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wooly
Our medicals expired in April 2008 and our police clearance expired in June 2008. Our agent had advised not to do anything at this stage, so we are going on his advice. Our application was lodged on the 29th January 2007 and a CO allocated in February 2007. So it has been a very long 18 months and looks like there is no end in sight at this stage.
Police checks and medicals all expire first week Sept 08. I'm not re-newing until we have confirmation to do so and why? I'd like a refund because why should I pay twice? I am a paying customer after all and I've not had value for money - the're extracting the urine.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

sailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant future

DIAC emphasised that applicants are NOT obliged to undertake medical and police checks and may wait until receiving a request from the department, and that if meds and police clearances expire before the application is finalised they may be requested again, and must be provided at the applicant’s cost.

When you frontload your meds and PCCs, you take the risk, at your own cost, that they might expire before finalisation of the visa processing.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 5:57 pm
Just Joined

Norry_Lar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sailechz
DIAC emphasised that applicants are NOT obliged to undertake medical and police checks and may wait until receiving a request from the department, and that if meds and police clearances expire before the application is finalised they may be requested again, and must be provided at the applicant’s cost.

When you frontload your meds and PCCs, you take the risk, at your own cost, that they might expire before finalisation of the visa processing.
Hmmm I'm in agreement with the 'why should we pay twice' as the Department did ask for our medicals and we did not 'frontload' them. Its unfair that we should pay again as the delay is on the DIAC's part and not ours.

This is a different situation from the usual time delays and consequently not only are we asked to wait for the DIAC to make a decision we're asked to pay out again. Do you think that's fair?
Old Jul 8th 2008, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

sailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Norry_Lar
Hmmm I'm in agreement with the 'why should we pay twice' as the Department did ask for our medicals and we did not 'frontload' them. Its unfair that we should pay again as the delay is on the DIAC's part and not ours.

This is a different situation from the usual time delays and consequently not only are we asked to wait for the DIAC to make a decision we're asked to pay out again. Do you think that's fair?
Now if the Department did ask you, that's another issue...
Old Jul 9th 2008, 12:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Gazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really nice

Originally Posted by Joannec2014

Ours expired in April (requested, not frontloaded), our agent has asked for an extension to the 12 months normally allowed, which they sometimes grant apparently. Police checks will have to be re-done though.
That said we are now in a different situation to many...(plan B).

I also urge all these newly emerged 'victims' to come forward, sign the petition, get ringing the Minister's office + DIAC office, make a complaint to the Ombudsman- and unite here!
Gaz
Old Jul 9th 2008, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

sankan1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: 5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

Just in case if you want to know what DIAC is replying for the complaint, i have pasted letter from DIAC

"The Minister and the Department are aware that many of the applicants
affected sought to access these provisions in good faith and now find
themselves in a difficult position.

In an effort to address this situation, the Department has been working on
a number of options, within the limits of the legislative framework which
applies to the pre 1 September 2007 visa applications. There are complex
legal and policy issues associated with these options which are still being
worked through.

I am unable to give you a definite time frame about the resolution of this
issue. "

this is recent reply from the DIAC.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

lyse will become famous soon enough

Thanks for posting this sankan....more of the same old, same old though
Old Jul 9th 2008, 8:08 am
Just Joined

wooly is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to confirm that our police clearances and medicals were requested and not frontloaded!
Old Jul 9th 2008, 9:01 am
Just Joined

p031642 is on a distinguished road

This is DIAC's reply to me.. It makes me wonder whether are they really performing checks on me or they simply cut/paste this standard template. :curse:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your e-mail in relation to your visa application under
Australia's General Skilled Migration program.

The Department of Immigration and Citizenship recognises that the time
taken to process your application may be causing you and your family
concern.

At present your application is undergoing checks which are part of the
routine processing of visa applications. Unfortunately, ensuring all the
legal requirements are met in relation to an application can take some
time. In particular, it can take several months to gain any necessary
health, character and national security or other checks or clearances from
other agencies.

The case officer is following up on the status of your case on a regular
basis to ensure it is being processed as soon as practicable. You will
be contacted if we require more information when they proceed with
processing your application.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

kenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nice

Does anybody know if the gopetition's signature really goes to Minister's desk?
Old Jul 9th 2008, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

on air mobile is an unknown quantity at this point

Ombudsman officer send me the e-mail asking for the visa application reference number.
so I think they r working hard on our case now.......but how's going on with DIAC ????????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.