2231-79 (ACS code)- Merged threads

Old Jul 21st 2010, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

daani is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2231-79 (ACS code)- Merged threads

I need to ask about the assessment. I have same problem that i got my assessment in dec 09. Can i apply with the old one or i need to apply for -reassessment again? Please also tell me. i have seen in your post that reassessment is Free? Plz describe in detail
Old Jul 21st 2010, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

fuel4mind is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by daani
I need to ask about the assessment. I have same problem that i got my assessment in dec 09. Can i apply with the old one or i need to apply for -reassessment again? Please also tell me. i have seen in your post that reassessment is Free? Plz describe in detail
Hi Daani,

Re-assessment is free for those who have received their result letter within the time frame May 2010 to July 2010. You need to apply for the assessment within 60 days of receiving the letter. In your case, you need to file a fresh application.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 4:15 am
Forum Regular

living_legend is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: 2231-79 (ACS code)- Merged threads

Originally Posted by fuel4mind
Hi Daani,

Re-assessment is free for those who have received their result letter within the time frame May 2010 to July 2010. You need to apply for the assessment within 60 days of receiving the letter. In your case, you need to file a fresh application.
fuel4mind,

I'm just doubtful about the 60 day time period when it comes to free reassessment. In PASAGuidelinesforApplicants.doc it mention 60 days for review and appeal but no duration specified for free reassessment.

pls check :- http://www.acs.org.au/assessment/doc...Applicants.doc
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 4:52 am
Forum Regular

miss-chievous is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DIAC told me 2231-79 (Oracle Spec) does NOT require reassessment

Originally Posted by wookiee06
if you dont have duties which are the software engineer profile, it wont be mapped. You could be java tester, application designer in java, or java developer. OR Software engineer(this title u need to becare) Some companies have different meanings, and ACS define software engineer as the standard computer science definction. for example some companies class software engineer as developer or class business analysis as software engineer

Plus many states are not Recognizing Schedule 4, For example ACT does not recognizing Schedule 4. There are ment to be many states to follow.
thanks wookiee06 for the input(i just read it today sorry )well, being a java developer, it fairly corresponds to SOFTWARE AND APPLICATIONS PROGRAMMERS which tasks includes generally design, develop, test, maintain and document program code in accordance with user requirements, and system and technical specifications. so i hope i wont have a problem with that. my only problem now is that it says on the ABS website that we should have at least five years of relevant experience when I only have 3-4yrs as Java developer
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 9:17 am
Just Joined

Hello

Can you plz share that email with me in which DIAC has mentioned that re-assessment is not required for 2231-79 (Oracle Spec). As i have been assessed by 2231-79 (SAP). Plz guide me. As i am not getting my answer from DIAC

Originally Posted by miss-chievous
thanks wookiee06 for the input(i just read it today sorry )well, being a java developer, it fairly corresponds to SOFTWARE AND APPLICATIONS PROGRAMMERS which tasks includes generally design, develop, test, maintain and document program code in accordance with user requirements, and system and technical specifications. so i hope i wont have a problem with that. my only problem now is that it says on the ABS website that we should have at least five years of relevant experience when I only have 3-4yrs as Java developer

Last edited by Pollyana; Jul 22nd 2010 at 11:42 am. Reason: Please do not post email addresses on the open forum
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by living_legend
fuel4mind,

I'm just doubtful about the 60 day time period when it comes to free reassessment. In PASAGuidelinesforApplicants.doc it mention 60 days for review and appeal but no duration specified for free reassessment.

pls check :- http://www.acs.org.au/assessment/doc...Applicants.doc
Hi living_legend,

Yea I saw the document. Though it is not explicitly mentioned, the re-assessment will still be considered as an appeal and the 60 day time period will be honored. It is always better to apply early to be on the safer side.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 11:59 am
Just Joined

Default Re: DIAC told me 2231-79 (Oracle Spec) does NOT require reassessment (By miss-chievo)

I need cooperation from everybody to confirm this statement. i would be great help
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

Alienfeet has a brilliant futureAlienfeet has a brilliant futureAlienfeet has a brilliant futureAlienfeet has a brilliant futureAlienfeet has a brilliant futureAlienfeet has a brilliant future

Don't worry,

I recieved my +ve assessment letter on 27th April which meant I fell outside the 60 day period. I contacted ACS and they said it didn't apply to ASCO/ANZCO code reviews.

fuel4mind, you shouldn't state things on this site unless you know the true facts, it is misleading and will cause unecessary stress.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Alienfeet
Don't worry,

I recieved my +ve assessment letter on 27th April which meant I fell outside the 60 day period. I contacted ACS and they said it didn't apply to ASCO/ANZCO code reviews.

fuel4mind, you shouldn't state things on this site unless you know the true facts, it is misleading and will cause unecessary stress.
Hi Alienfeet,

No offence, My answer is based on the document The ACS Pre-application Skills Assessment (PASA) arrangements during ASCO-ANZSCO transformation found online.

The document says transitional arrangements are for those,who has received a result letter issued within the time frame: 1 May 2010 - 30 June 2010
inclusively. So logically this conforms to the 60 day deadline as the notice was made on July1st.

End of the day, its up to ACS to decide and everybody is happy if they are ready to process in a much bigger time frame. How do users know unless if some one comes up with information like yours? I will also post a query on ACS website regarding this...
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

Alienfeet has a brilliant futureAlienfeet has a brilliant futureAlienfeet has a brilliant futureAlienfeet has a brilliant futureAlienfeet has a brilliant futureAlienfeet has a brilliant future

Fair doos
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

Just to add some info.

I also contacted the ACS regarding my result letter being received 3 days before 1st May.

I stressed that my assessment only took 7 weeks, which is a lot sooner than the stated "10-12 weeks".

One of the skills assessment officers agreed and authorised my free review.

Cheers.
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 2:47 am
Forum Regular

miss-chievous is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by daani
Hello

Can you plz share that email with me in which DIAC has mentioned that re-assessment is not required for 2231-79 (Oracle Spec). As i have been assessed by 2231-79 (SAP). Plz guide me. As i am not getting my answer from DIAC

you may check this link from DIAC: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...gsm-anzsco.pdf

you may refer to the Validity of existing skill assessments section of the file. i am not sure about your specific skills though, but the file is clearly stated in general
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 3:17 am
Forum Regular

living_legend is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: 2231-79 (ACS code)- Merged threads

Originally Posted by Alienfeet
Don't worry,

As per fuel4mind it is safe to apply early n be safe, but did ACS told you that you can get a free re-assessment irrespective of the date of your latter ??
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 7:30 am
Just Joined

r_aussie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ddd2010
According to the new priority, IT graduates who have already applied under the occupation 2231-79 Computing Professional (ICT Recent Graduate) will fall into category 4?

This is very illogical because for new applicants, they can now apply as one of the ICT occupations on the new SOL (eg. Developer Programmer or Software Engineer) instead of being grouped together as Computing Professional (ICT Recent Graduate), which is no longer on the SOL.

Would this mean that new ICT Graduates who apply under the new rule will fall into category 3 but ICT Graduates that already applied under the old rule will fall into category 4?

So, given two people with the same qualification from the same university who finished at different time, the one who finished later and applied using the new rule will get the application processed before the one who finished earlier and applied using old rule?

Does anyone know if there is a work around to this problem or if they are attempting to fix this problem? This is because there seems to be no way out. You can't change the occupation and get new assessment. Also, for graduates who have been graduated for over 6 months can't even make a new application even though you can be assessed as one of the ICT occupations in the new SOL.
You raise a VERY VERY GOOD POINT my friend!!!

Should DIAC accept recent Australian IT graduates of applicants into Cat 3 and UNFAIRLY and UNBELIEVABLY puts earlier "recent Australian IT graduates" applocations in the never-likely-processing and prone to visa capping Cat 4, then there are one of these two things that you, and all people with the same situation should, or rather, MUST COLLECTIVELY do:

1. Alert DIAC of this unfairness and demand them to treat current applicants with 2231-79(ICT Recent Graduate) to Cat 3. The basis being those applicants high chances to get assessed as at least new SOL's "Developer Programmer" .

2. Do the similar to ACS by requesting them to, on the basis of current concerns, allow current 2231-79(ICT Recent Graduate) applicants a skill reassessment to occupations in the new SOL WITH WORK EXPERIENCE EXEMPTION just as what lucky other Australian recent ICT graduates enjoy. Then seek DIAC to allow updating their applications with the new nominated occupation based on that updated skills assessment instead of having to reapply.

I think both DIAC and ACS are rather dirty organizations which are more interested in making money via application fees or boosting enrolments in IT courses rather than play fair to migration stakeholders. I therefore think that it's important to contest these unfairness collectively to them otherwise they 'll just pretend that there are no case.
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by living_legend
As per fuel4mind it is safe to apply early n be safe, but did ACS told you that you can get a free re-assessment irrespective of the date of your latter ??
I think it's a special case due to being only 3 days short and my assessment only taking 7 weeks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.