Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Wildy Immigration Shut down! Blanket email to clients.

Wildy Immigration Shut down! Blanket email to clients.

Old Feb 12th 2015, 12:32 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wildy Immigration Shut down! Blanket email to clients.

Originally Posted by Bowenjustin
I know ha ha, how cheeky of him! That did however, make me laugh. Your right I am furious and venting and being over sensitive. A couple of days to calm down, assess the situation and go from there. We will get to Nova Scotia at some point x
I know you want Nova Scotia, but in your line as a health and safety bod, have you looked at Alberta? Theres an oh and s for every other person working right now - it is so big in the oilpatch its not funny

I'm not sure how you'd go about it or what companies but it's worth a shot
Old Feb 12th 2015, 12:50 am
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
It is indeed very sad for ALL invovled but mostly for the clients that are right now wondering what is going to happen from here on in. I'm so mad about this and have kept quiet for a long time because didn't want to be seen to be jumping on the "lets not bash Wildy because you're a bored housewife" bandwagon - as most of you will have seen it.

I also think lots of you owe a certain poster an apology. She couldn't warn you outright and you turned on her.

Is this the poster who, back in December wrote:

"Please take this post as a retraction of any posts I have made within this thread which could be construed to be harmful to the brand and reputation of Wildy Immigration. It was not my intention for this to be case and I apologise for any confusion this caused. "

I seem to remember it was all getting potentially rather libelous and the post was closed, but not deleted. It makes interesting reading in the light of what has subsequently happened.
Old Feb 12th 2015, 12:54 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike
[/B]

Is this the poster who, back in December wrote:

"Please take this post as a retraction of any posts I have made within this thread which could be construed to be harmful to the brand and reputation of Wildy Immigration. It was not my intention for this to be case and I apologise for any confusion this caused. "

I seem to remember it was all getting potentially rather libelous and the post was closed, but not deleted. It makes interesting reading in the light of what has subsequently happened.
Form your own opinions on that - I am only having an opinion (allowed) based on what I've read here. However this all blew up in December, when Wildy had already stopped accepting new clients - so his ascertation that a social media slur campaign has ruined his business further is total BS in my eyes. He knew it was going down imo and has just used that as another convenient excuse.
Old Feb 12th 2015, 12:57 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Form your own opinions on that - I am only having an opinion (allowed) based on what I've read here. However this all blew up in December, when Wildy had already stopped accepting new clients - so his ascertation that a social media slur campaign has ruined his business further is total BS in my eyes. He knew it was going down imo and has just used that as another convenient excuse.
Agree, noting too the court documents are from last November
Old Feb 12th 2015, 1:00 am
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

I think you may well be right on that one. Generally, an owner knows when the writing is on the wall. Mind you, looking at it another way, you could argue he did the right thing by not taking money off new prospective clients, knowing the company was on the brink of imminent failure - which time has proved to be the unfortunate case for everybody who has lost out.
Old Feb 12th 2015, 1:04 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder whether any other immigration consulting firms will go the same way? It can't be helping the propensity of people to put their futures - and a lot of money - in the hands of a third party.
There is a trend of it being the IC's that post (and let's be honest solicit) on here. The first being Mr Andrew Miller or what ever his real name was.

It is a scary industry to write checks too. I remember using a consultant in Canada in 2005. He was useless so I refused to pay him. Achieved nothing, didn't stick to deadlines and never returned calls. I couldn't believe the audacity when he sent me a bill.

Last edited by JamesM; Feb 12th 2015 at 1:12 am.
Old Feb 12th 2015, 1:08 am
"In cruce vincam"

Originally Posted by JamesM
There is a trend of it being the IC's that post on here. The first being Mr Andrew Miller or what ever his real name was.

Actually in truth it's a scary industry to write checks too that is for sure. I remember using a consultant in Canada in 2005. He was useless so I refused to pay him. Achieved nothing, didn't stick to deadlines and never returned calls. I couldn't believe the audacity when he sent me a bill.
I didn't know IC's even existed until I found this forum and by then we were almost in (or even already in) Canada.
Old Feb 12th 2015, 1:18 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't know IC's even existed until I found this forum and by then we were almost in (or even already in) Canada.
Yup it's a shark industry. Money for nothing in more cases than not.

I was solicited by Andrew Miller but didn't see a value in engaging an IC because my application would be sitting in a filing cabinet for 2 years at CIC in London before they needed further documents. I figured I'd wait till I heard from CIC.

During the 2 years I lined up all my ducks and didn't need one.

You still have to do most of the legwork when you involve these people like contacting ex-employers, universities, police certificate etc.

I was borderline so I wrote a cover letter summarising everything and explaining why I'd be able to economically establish myself.

The first IC I had in Canada who billed me was meant to help me get a work permit. It came down to the last week of my work holiday visa so I just opted to take up my already paid for return flight and told him to shove it.

Last edited by JamesM; Feb 12th 2015 at 1:21 am.
Old Feb 12th 2015, 1:35 am
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

It is indeed very sad for ALL invovled but mostly for the clients that are right now wondering what is going to happen from here on in. I'm so mad about this and have kept quiet for a long time because didn't want to be seen to be jumping on the "lets not bash Wildy because you're a bored housewife" bandwagon - as most of you will have seen it.

I also think lots of you owe a certain poster an apology. She couldn't warn you outright and you turned on her.
Old Feb 12th 2015, 1:36 am

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

as for the quote, there was pressure on her behind the scenes you don't know about. the truth will come out.
Old Feb 12th 2015, 1:51 am
"In cruce vincam"

Originally Posted by ExKiwilass

as for the quote, there was pressure on her behind the scenes you don't know about. the truth will come out.
Just to square the circle, this was Paul Wildy's response to the original poster's thread start:

Seeing as this thread is about me and my company I thought I ought to respond and also I wanted to say thank you to all those who put their heads above the parapet on here and helped defend my reputation – thank you, much appreciated!

Unfortunately this thread seems to have been contrived by an ex-employee along with a close friend of that ex-employee. Although the OP claims no connection I do know for a fact they are close friends. The OP is also not a client of Wildy Immigration and has no direct experience of dealing with me or my firm. You have to question the purpose of the OP starting this thread in the first place? She isn’t looking for an immigration consultant to help her so why suddenly enquire about whether a particular firm is any good? And seeing as the OP and I were previously connected on Facebook why not just ask me the questions directly instead of posting them here? Oh wait a minute – of course the question was asked premeditatively to allow another member to respond with negative comments – the oldest trick in the social media book really. We are already exploring options for addressing these allegations including legal remedies for libel and under employment contract.

It really does sadden me to see this though because I was under the impression that we had parted on good terms after a long working relationship during which I helped her through a number of personal/financial difficulties. Nobody enjoys being laid-off obviously and like many employers having to break that news to someone is probably the worst part of my job. But it is a business after all and these things happen. In this particular case the reasons for ending that relationship had more to do with the fact that the employee chose to relocate to a different province and therefore became home-based. This is a style of working that obviously demands lots of trust. I was persuaded to give it a try but after a year it became obvious that that arrangement wasn’t working and was impacting on the service we were providing to clients. We will be recruiting to replace this position in the New Year and have already identified a number of suitable candidates.

As for some of the other comments in this thread I would like to clarify that:

The company is not about to go bankrupt or belly up or any other of the phrases that were used!

The allegations are not true. The business has not hit “hard times”. During the last part of 2014 we have been fairly quiet because of a lack of viable immigration programs but in this world that’s pretty normal – our workload goes up and down dramatically depending on what the Canadian government do. However I expect the launch of Express Entry etc will change that and we will also be redesigning our services for 2015 to accommodate the new world of Canadian immigration; and as I mentioned recruiting additional staff.

Despite what was written here I think I’m a fairly decent boss and employer. I’m sure all bosses think that but seriously by Canadian standards we are extremely flexible and accommodating with employees – we give extra vacation days where needed, allow flexible working hours and I have regularly taken staff out for lunch or drinks after work and always pick up the tab. Anyone who knows me personally (excluding perhaps people I have laid-off) will tell you that I am an honest and decent person and generally fairly laid-back as opposed to someone to who constantly unleashes their “wrath” lol. In fact anyone who knows me will find that suggestion very funny I expect.

I started this business because I enjoy helping people and seeing their dreams of moving to Canada come true and that is still the case. Do we provide a perfect service to all clients? No, of course not, we live in the real world. We provide the best service we can for a realistic price and the vast majority of clients are very happy with it. I’d love to achieve 100% client satisfaction but you have to be realistic and if 9 out of 10 of our clients think we provided them with an excellent service then I see that as a good result. And most importantly our success rates are high and almost all clients get the result they hired us for.

I’m not going to answer questions on here so as not to perpetuate things further but if anyone does want to know more about me as a person or an employer, or about Wildy Immigration, or if anyone has any concerns about either please feel free to contact me directly at [email protected]

Perhaps a moderator on this site will also make this post a permanent "sticky" at the the top of the thread please? for the benefit of those who start of reading the allegations at the top of this thread and don't read right to the end
Old Feb 12th 2015, 1:57 am
"In cruce vincam"

Aside from all the posts I have made on this subject before Christmas and on this thread subsequently, I personally have no reason yet to condone or condemn Wildy Immigration. What does bug me, however, is that an individual can have their reputation questioned and attacked without any evidence being offered. It may turn out, with time, that he has committed awful crimes against whoever or whatever, but I have still to hear of a single shred of evidence to support this.

I'm no champion of Paul Wildy - never met or even spoken to the guy. But I don't like a witch hunt. It's wrong
Old Feb 12th 2015, 1:58 am

oh, he's clever the way he subtly throws her under the bus and implies she was shit and all that. He's very clever. But actions speak louder than words. How has his business done since she left? Not very well. Funny that...
Old Feb 12th 2015, 2:03 am
"In cruce vincam"

Originally Posted by ExKiwilass
oh, he's clever the way he subtly throws her under the bus and implies she was shit and all that. He's very clever. But actions speak louder than words. How has his business done since she left? Not very well. Funny that...
You don't suppose the comments made on here to potential clients by certain parties might have contributed to that? I don't suppose, if he really does have mental health issues, he's likely to pursue a litigious path against individuals, but what has been posted on here over the past few months would make some pretty good ammo I would imagine.
Old Feb 12th 2015, 3:27 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

OK folks. This does seem to be now going over old ground in ever decreasing circles & more importantly, it is derailing the thread completely away from the help the OP asked for in his opening post.

Could those of you with axes to grind with other posters on BE please take it to PM. It clogs the real issue for the OP, which is help with his immigration to Canada. Can you help with that here in this Canada Immigration Forum ?

I did update the closed thread immediately I was given the evidence that P Wildy had ceased to operate.

Originally Posted by Bowenjustin
maybe a long shot, but worth asking...Anybody know of any jobs in Canada for Health and Safety Manager? (its worth an ask).obviously we would have to get an LMO. Please Help, lovely people of British Expats
BowenJustin.

You find yourself in a completely dreadful situation and for which you have my full sympathy.

I think I have written before that this type of thing also happens here in NZ and probably other countries also. It is devastating for those who are in the midst of an immigration process, which in itself is very stressful & who have faith their chosen Immy consultant will provide a positive outcome.

I apologise that your thread has been derailed & hope that there will be further posts to help you & that others in your situation will come forward so you can put your heads together about what to do next .

Thank you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.