Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Wildy Immigration Shut down! Blanket email to clients.

Wildy Immigration Shut down! Blanket email to clients.

Old Feb 11th 2015, 8:51 am
Just Joined

Bowenjustin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wildy Immigration Shut down! Blanket email to clients.

JamesM, that quote was tongue in cheek with regards to a refund. I never thought I would pay £3000, jump on a plane and live my new life in Canada.

I appreciate your constructive criticism for spelling and grammar, but I would benefit more if I posted my thesis on Childhood Cognitive and linguistic Development and then you can all go nuts.

As for the original question, I just wanted to know if anyone else was in the same situation and have a vent. Its a pretty shitty thing whats happened and we are genuinely upset. We went through a consultant because we wanted it right first time, are application for FSW was due in before they shut the borders and then my husbands job came on the list and are application started it again. It's not about the money we lost out on, but the fact we thought this was going to be are time to emigrate to Canada.
Old Feb 11th 2015, 8:54 am
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bowenjustin
JamesM, that quote was tongue in cheek with regards to a refund. I never thought I would pay £3000, jump on a plane and live my new life in Canada.

I appreciate your constructive criticism for spelling and grammar, but I would benefit more if I posted my thesis on Childhood Cognitive and linguistic Development and then you can all go nuts.

As for the original question, I just wanted to know if anyone else was in the same situation and have a vent. Its a pretty shitty thing whats happened and we are genuinely upset. We went through a consultant because we wanted it right first time, are application for FSW was due in before they shut the borders and then my husbands job came on the list and are application started it again. It's not about the money we lost out on, but the fact we thought this was going to be are time to emigrate to Canada.
This is indeed shitty and you are absolutely entitled to be furious, I know I would be. Once this rage passes we will be here to assist, well not me as I donthave the required knowledge, but others do.
Old Feb 11th 2015, 8:55 am
Just Joined

Thank you for your kind words :-) Paul had assured us he would send are certificates and file, but for a small cost!
Old Feb 11th 2015, 8:55 am
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your kind words :-) Paul had assured us he would send are certificates and file, but for a small cost!
I think there should be no more cost to you
Old Feb 11th 2015, 9:01 am
Just Joined

I know ha ha, how cheeky of him! That did however, make me laugh. Your right I am furious and venting and being over sensitive. A couple of days to calm down, assess the situation and go from there. We will get to Nova Scotia at some point x
Old Feb 11th 2015, 9:06 am
Happy

I know ha ha, how cheeky of him! That did however, make me laugh. Your right I am furious and venting and being over sensitive. A couple of days to calm down, assess the situation and go from there. We will get to Nova Scotia at some point x
I wouldn't say you are being over sensitive at all. I would be savagely mad if I were you.
And once you pound through that, you can get your plan into gear and the lovely knowledgable peeps on here will help you out.
Old Feb 11th 2015, 9:22 am
Just Joined

If anyone is in the same situation, I have been advised we may be able to claim are money back through his insurance. PM me for details
Old Feb 11th 2015, 9:41 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

If anyone is in the same situation, I have been advised we may be able to claim are money back through his insurance. PM me for details
Would not hold your breath on that one.

Reading the letter posted in the other thread and from the para below, I interpret this as the organization was incorporated and going to be put into receivership, I may be wrong in my assumptions though.

'If we have not prepared an application for you at all then I will also provide you with details of who you can contact to register your claim as a creditor if you are seeking any form of refund.'

Depending on what assets and secured creditors are owed, unsecured creditors (clients and suppliers) are at the bottom of the list. Registering a claim as a creditor puts you on a list, if there is anything to divvy up, often pennies on the dollar if at all.

One comment early was disdain at having to pay for the return of documents. The letter states they are being held by a third party and it would seem, from what I read, that it is the third party who would be returning the documents Possibly a receiver), so reimbursement of cots is not unreasonable.

This is just my interpretation of the document, however I may be completely wrong.
Old Feb 11th 2015, 9:58 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

The ITA?, what does that mean? Is it a potential court case? Thanks Aviator I will take that on board.

We spoke to Paul in early January, who assured us the rumors were not true.

I am just so upset, I really thought this would be are year :-(
ITA is income tax act, it appears an order was placed back in November in the federal court I found this info How CRA collects income tax debt
Old Feb 11th 2015, 10:02 am
Just Joined

I am presuming its similar to UK on that fact. Their is usually not much money left after creditors etc have been paid to give to the clients. Yes there is disdain at having to pay for the documents to be received, but ultimately we are going to have to pay. It is very frustrating at the moment, as we just do not know were to go from here.
Old Feb 11th 2015, 12:01 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

He knew a long time ago as did a few people that were shot down for "**** stirring"

Mr Wildy's partner announced on her twitter account back in January that there was a holiday booked for March to go to Oz and NY - no mention that he is going too but seeing as they are joined at the hip the likelihood is pretty darned high.

So you all have about a month to get your ducks in a row cos he aint gonna be here to answer your questions.
Old Feb 11th 2015, 12:02 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

It's all rather sad really. The money people have spent is one thing, but the disappointment they must be feeling about something so momentous in their lives must be absolutely crushing.

I wonder whether any other immigration consulting firms will go the same way? It can't be helping the propensity of people to put their futures - and a lot of money - in the hands of a third party.

Attached FilesFile Type: pdf LetterFromPaulWildy.pdf (129.2 KB, 41 views
This is what BEVS very kindly posted on a closed thread which might give a bit of insight. In the current climate and the sea-change in the CIC's immigration process, what the future of the immigration consultant will be is, I would imagine, a very uncertain one.
Old Feb 11th 2015, 12:05 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike
It's all rather sad really. The money people have spent is one thing, but the disappointment they must be feeling about something so momentous in their lives must be absolutely crushing.

I wonder whether any other immigration consulting firms will go the same way? It can't be helping the propensity of people to put their futures - and a lot of money - in the hands of a third party.

Attached FilesFile Type: pdf LetterFromPaulWildy.pdf (129.2 KB, 41 views
This is what BEVS very kindly posted on a closed thread which might give a bit of insight. In the current climate and the sea-change in the CIC's immigration process, what the future of the immigration consultant will be is, I would imagine, a very uncertain one.
It is indeed very sad for ALL invovled but mostly for the clients that are right now wondering what is going to happen from here on in. I'm so mad about this and have kept quiet for a long time because didn't want to be seen to be jumping on the "lets not bash Wildy because you're a bored housewife" bandwagon - as most of you will have seen it.

I also think lots of you owe a certain poster an apology. She couldn't warn you outright and you turned on her.
Old Feb 11th 2015, 12:09 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
ITA is income tax act, it appears an order was placed back in November in the federal court I found this info How CRA collects income tax debt
It depends who they are collecting from, whether it be an individual or a corporation. If a corporation is going to go bankrupt or into goes into receivership CRA have a super priority for CPP, EI and income tax deducted from employees. That is they are top of the list. CRAs priority for other claims depends on the nature of the proceedings. Any creditor can force a receivership for unpaid debt whether the creditor is insolvent, bankrupt or neither.
Old Feb 11th 2015, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have any knowledge to add to this, but I just wanted to say how sorry I was for the OP. The emigratin process is so difficult, so full of stressful moments, I can't imagine what it must be like to essentially have the whole thing fall out from under you through no fault of your own.
We made it to NS a couple of years ago, doing the application ourselves thanks to the wonderfully helpful people on here. If your application was nearly ready to go I hope you can get what work has been done and send it in yourself (I know you were asking about other consultants but are you sure you can't complete it yourselves?)

If I can help in any way send me a PM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.