Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Apr 7th 2011, 3:07 am
Just Joined

kurashikisuzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Congrats Caleo! Know how long you've been waiting. Glad to hear the great news!
Old Apr 7th 2011, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TomHoney
Yes caleo!

congratulations. Happy for you. get to canada its great
Thanks Tom. No news on your fingerprints then?
Old Apr 7th 2011, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kurashikisuzy
Congrats Caleo! Know how long you've been waiting. Glad to hear the great news!
Thank you!
Old Apr 7th 2011, 9:05 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

You clever girl! I am so happy, you have been lurking in the back of my mind most days - I sort of have this idea that it will be a bit like a blocked drain, now you've gone down the tube the rest of us will be right behind you. Well done, how exciting - that's what you get for being so supportive to the rest of us!
Old Apr 7th 2011, 10:16 am
Just Joined

shahbazkhan is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Please advice...

Hi..am a little new to this...all u guys here with your experience i need a suggestion

Application sent to Mississauga- 16 Nov 2010
Decision made - 9 DEC 2010
Application received in London - 21 DEC 2010
Medicals received - Jan 22 2011
Status changed to 'In Process' - 1st Mar 2011

Received an e-mail from CIC-London last week asking for full personal history...
completed Bachelors may 2007
Started Masters sep 2007
Funny they asked me what i was doing for 3 months?
Can a person not sit home or go on a holiday?

any way my wife is in labor and is due this month...i really wanted be there any suggestions how long would it take?
or should i contact them?
Old Apr 7th 2011, 12:09 pm
New Scotland Girl

alexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nice
Default Re: Please advice...

Originally Posted by shahbazkhan
Hi..am a little new to this...all u guys here with your experience i need a suggestion

Application sent to Mississauga- 16 Nov 2010
Decision made - 9 DEC 2010
Application received in London - 21 DEC 2010
Medicals received - Jan 22 2011
Status changed to 'In Process' - 1st Mar 2011

Received an e-mail from CIC-London last week asking for full personal history...
completed Bachelors may 2007
Started Masters sep 2007
Funny they asked me what i was doing for 3 months?
Can a person not sit home or go on a holiday?

any way my wife is in labor and is due this month...i really wanted be there any suggestions how long would it take?
or should i contact them?
Hi shahbazkhan,

My timeline is almost the exact same as yours except my OH got his passport request on March 10th.

The biggest difference I can tell is that we filled in a form about personal history, and included everything. If there was a week gab between jobs, we wrote that it was a short break before starting a new job. If there was a gap of a couple weeks due to job hunting we wrote that. If it was a vacation we wrote that. We made sure there was no time period left unaccounted for on that form.

Hope this helps!
Old Apr 7th 2011, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

BlackIceBoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by VW092906
I am very close to you as well and havent heard anything either... at least knowing other people around the same time-line are also still in the dark, and not just me! sometimes when you hear about the people with who applied around the same time as you - who have good news it really throws you off, and you start to worry.
Hey!

This goes out to you and Helen_Johns - as I know we all have very similar timelines.

I got my PPR via email this afternoon! Of course e-CAS hasn't updated.

Wishing you all well.
Old Apr 7th 2011, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlackIceBoy
Hey!

This goes out to you and Helen_Johns - as I know we all have very similar timelines.

Wishing you all well.
Excellent news - I got my email yesterday, and Ecas changed today - not that it mattered a jot after that all important email
Old Apr 7th 2011, 7:50 pm
Glory glory Man Utd.....

leggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud of

Woo-hoo, many congrats on your news caleo, I've been following yours and and a few others timelines and have had my fingers crossed that you'd recieve some good news soon.
I can only imagine your relief to finally get that email!!

Old Apr 7th 2011, 11:03 pm
J2J
Forum Regular

J2J is on a distinguished road

Caleo I think you made a record here, having so many people congratulating you. You so deserve it! We are still thinking of you and how you must be feeling. I know it must have been so hard to see so many of us get our PR so much sooner when we started at the same time. Well thats all behind you now. Just ENJOY! and we want to say Congrats again!
Old Apr 8th 2011, 2:40 am
Just Joined

chicadeb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Folks,

I´m in the middle of the PR spousal sponsorship (outland) and below is my timeline so far...

SPONSORSHIP
Mississauga received my application on January 31, 2011.
They started processing my application on February 25, 2011.
They sent me a letter on March 8, 2011 about the decision on my application (to say everything gone through ok!).

PR APPLICATION
London received my application for permanent residence on March 16, 2011.
Medical results have been received.

It has been 3 weeks since London received my file and it still doesn´t say “In process”, just that it has been received and that medical results have been received.

In your experience could it be that it´s already in process but they haven´t updated it online or could it be that it´s still on the pile waiting to be looked at? I read an earlier thread that said their file had started to be processed a couple of weeks before it was updated online.

Also, would I be right in thinking that once it´s started to be processed, after about a month (a general idea) they may request my passport and that it takes about a month before the passport is returned (I´ll be doing it by mail).

Many thanks for any comments.
Old Apr 8th 2011, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by leggy969
Woo-hoo, many congrats on your news caleo, I've been following yours and and a few others timelines and have had my fingers crossed that you'd recieve some good news soon.
I can only imagine your relief to finally get that email!!

Thank you - the wait was all worthwhile Hope things run smoothly for you!

Originally Posted by J2J
Caleo I think you made a record here, having so many people congratulating you. You so deserve it! We are still thinking of you and how you must be feeling. I know it must have been so hard to see so many of us get our PR so much sooner when we started at the same time. Well thats all behind you now. Just ENJOY! and we want to say Congrats again!
Ha thank you J2J - probably because I did so much complaining on here

Yes it was difficult seeing others moving along and mine staying static, but i think it helps for future cases to see that even straight forward application can get delayed for no reason at all!

Looking forward to planning our landing now - and to the eventual move - made me feel so much better about our future!
Old Apr 8th 2011, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chicadeb
Hi Folks,

I´m in the middle of the PR spousal sponsorship (outland) and below is my timeline so far...

SPONSORSHIP
Mississauga received my application on January 31, 2011.
They started processing my application on February 25, 2011.
They sent me a letter on March 8, 2011 about the decision on my application (to say everything gone through ok!).

PR APPLICATION
London received my application for permanent residence on March 16, 2011.
Medical results have been received.

It has been 3 weeks since London received my file and it still doesn´t say “In process”, just that it has been received and that medical results have been received.

In your experience could it be that it´s already in process but they haven´t updated it online or could it be that it´s still on the pile waiting to be looked at? I read an earlier thread that said their file had started to be processed a couple of weeks before it was updated online.

Also, would I be right in thinking that once it´s started to be processed, after about a month (a general idea) they may request my passport and that it takes about a month before the passport is returned (I´ll be doing it by mail).

Many thanks for any comments.
Hi

ECas is not particularly accurate, nor are the timelines to be honest. Mine was a straightforward application received by london early December and they did not start processing until Feb 24th. In the meantime, others were flying through ahead of me.

Mine took 6 months in total from when it was received in Mississauga - yet others were through in 3 months or less.

Even the passport return can be hit and miss - so my advice is not to bank on timelines you read about.......

Hope it all goes to plan for you!
Old Apr 8th 2011, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

suze_h will become famous soon enoughsuze_h will become famous soon enough

Ahhhhh huge congrats to you Caleo!!!! FINALLY!!! You so deserve this after all the stress Really really happy for you. Best of luck for your new life in Canada xx
Old Apr 9th 2011, 2:54 am
Forum Regular

VW092906 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by BlackIceBoy
Hey!

Wishing you all well.
thanks for that

after reading this I thought I would check ecas, and it has new info!! not sure if its anything to get excited about, but how can you help yourself really?!?!

it now says:

We received xxxxxxx's application for permanent residence on February 1, 2011.

We started processing xxxxxxxx's application on April 5, 2011.

now... Im not sure if this means someone has just started to look at it for the first time, and I should hear something else soon-ish, like a request for more info, or an email requesting passports. Unfortunatly our address still hasnt been changed. so Im going to tell my husband he has to stalk to post-man at our old house just in case

send some good vibes my way people! lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.