Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Sep 22nd 2016, 8:34 am
Just Joined

lord1298 has a brilliant futurelord1298 has a brilliant futurelord1298 has a brilliant futurelord1298 has a brilliant futurelord1298 has a brilliant futurelord1298 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by lord1298
Finally I received the CSQ. It took about 8 weeks (from July 5 until Aug 25). It took longer than expected ( usually 5 weeks) because of the large number of applications Quebec has received. Here are two links explaining the delay:

https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv....ply/index.html

Notice – Government addresses spousal backlog and wait times

Now we back to the federal. We will see how long it will take.

cheers!

Finally received the CoPR. Yaaaaayy!

My application online status was placed into "Decision Made" last Monday, but no details about the decision whatsoever. Today I received the CoPR by mail. I love the Ottawa Centre. It is super fast.

Could you please update the spreadsheet ?

Thank you British Expats and good luck everyone !
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by lord1298
Finally received the CoPR. Yaaaaayy!

My application online status was placed into "Decision Made" last Monday, but no details about the decision whatsoever. Today I received the CoPR by mail. I love the Ottawa Centre. It is super fast.

Could you please update the spreadsheet ?

Spreadsheet updated. Congratulations!!! Good to see some movement after three week drought!
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

CReg91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Who would have thought the London office could go any more slowly?

Have any other Londoners seen progress? I'm still on Eligibility Review...
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CReg91

The last three weeks has seen almost nothing move to approvals from either London OR Ottawa. I am hoping for a rash of updates shortly. I feel your pain (as someone well behind you in the queue)!
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

danbsword is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi CReg91,

My "via London application" seems had some movement recently. Late last week a background check was begun and 2 days ago I was asked to supply 2 new photos and that my sponsor pay the "right of residency fee".

Congratulations by the way to lord1298. It's always pleasing to see another person be able to take their life off hold start a new chapter, even if for us "londoners" the ottawa fast track makes it bitter sweet!
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 5:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by danbsword
My "via London application" seems had some movement recently. Late last week a background check was begun and 2 days ago I was asked to supply 2 new photos and that my sponsor pay the "right of residency fee".
Oh that sound like the 'last lap' to me.....
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

Hi CReg91,

Congratulations by the way to lord1298. It's always pleasing to see another person be able to take their life off hold start a new chapter, even if for us "londoners" the ottawa fast track makes it bitter sweet!
Congrats danbsword!

It seems they're working on your application, which usually means you're near the end.

Can't help but worry that I'll find my whole application returned to me for some reason!

Fingers crossed for all of us.
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 6:07 pm
Just Joined

iainmac1979 is an unknown quantity at this point

Please can you add me to the spreadsheet

Application received in Mississauga 23rd June
AOR sent on July 11th
Sponsor approval 15th August
Processing office Ottawa
PA in process August 19th
Decision made 15th September
COPR received September 22nd
Location Milton Ontario
I'm married
Thanks for the wiki information pages it answered plenty of our questions.
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 6:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by iainmac1979
Please can you add me to the spreadsheet

Application received in Mississauga 23rd June
AOR sent on July 11th
Sponsor approval 15th August
Processing office Ottawa
PA in process August 19th
Decision made 15th September
COPR received September 22nd
Location Milton Ontario
I'm married
Thanks for the wiki information pages it answered plenty of our questions.
I assume you are the sponsor/ Where does the principal applicant live (the spreadsheet is for outland applications via London, not inland)?
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

iainmac1979 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
I assume you are the sponsor/ Where does the principal applicant live (the spreadsheet is for outland applications via London, not inland)?
My wife is the sponsor and I live in Salisbury UK but have been staying with her since we started the application. This was an Outland application
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by iainmac1979
My wife is the sponsor and I live in Salisbury UK but have been staying with her since we started the application. This was an Outland application
Ah, gotcha. Added. Good luck. So it was you that pinched my Ottawa spot eh?
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Oh that sound like the 'last lap' to me.....
Lets hope so! They do go to pains to point out though, that they will refund the $450 residency fee should the application still fail!!!
When I started to apply last December the wait time was listed at 17 months and then dropped to 14, with it rising to 15 currently? I took a bit of a chance and planned on a 10 month application time based on the spreadsheet average though. I sold the house between April and August and have been in BC, hanging around all summer with a UK return Transat "bus ticket" for next month.
All being well with the decision, it's shipping next I guess..... gulp
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

Congrats danbsword!

It seems they're working on your application, which usually means you're near the end.

Can't help but worry that I'll find my whole application returned to me for some reason!

Fingers crossed for all of us.
Thanks!

Your application seems very close to mine so I think you must be due for a few emails soon. Are you using the MyCIC system as opposed to the Ecas one?
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

One thing I noticed though and it may be irrelevant but even though I changed my address via Ecas in May, the official PDF letters I am being sent through MyCIC still have my old address... Hopefully using the MyCIC portal has done away with anything being posted, I do have a redirection in place but it's just another, back of the mind niggle, in the uncertainty of it all....
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks!

Your application seems very close to mine so I think you must be due for a few emails soon. Are you using the MyCIC system as opposed to the Ecas one?
I've been saying that to myself for the past month or so!

I'm using MyCIC, which is definitely more pleasant to use.

Just sitting in Canada now waiting for this to come through.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.