Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Aug 13th 2015, 10:43 am
Just Joined

hroberts44 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

My status on ECAS has been updated to In Process now - no date indicated but I check weekly so it's been sometime in the past week!

Just a side query - does anyone know whether COPR is sufficient for my husband to work or does he need to have the actual PR card first?

Last edited by hroberts44; Aug 13th 2015 at 10:52 am.
Old Aug 13th 2015, 12:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hroberts44
My status on ECAS has been updated to In Process now - no date indicated but I check weekly so it's been sometime in the past week!

Just a side query - does anyone know whether COPR is sufficient for my husband to work or does he need to have the actual PR card first?
Once he officially lands with the COPR form he should take that to a Service Canada office and get a SIN. No need to wait for the PR card.
Old Aug 13th 2015, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hroberts44

Spreadsheet updated.
Old Aug 13th 2015, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

pete.morzine is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there - I've been abit down recently about the length of time it is taking via London so have just buried my head in the sand as there is nothing I can do about it. I sent my application, outland in Dec 2014, got stage 1 approved in March and then found out it went to London which seems to be taking a looooooong time to process stage 2 - to see some stage 2 applications being processed in Mississauga in 1 and 2 days (compared to probably 15 months or so for London) seems a tad unjust on all concerned. Do any of the people in the know here have any words of wisdom or know of anything going on in the background to sort out the backlog in London?

I live in Canada but am due to fly back to London for 3 weeks at Xmas by which time I had hoped my PR would have come thru, however it's looking unlikely now and I'll be faced with an expired medical, the need to extend my tourist visa 3 days after I return to Canada after my trip and the prospect of not getting back in at the airport upon arrival back here.

Help
Old Aug 13th 2015, 1:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pete.morzine
Hi there - I've been abit down recently about the length of time it is taking via London so have just buried my head in the sand as there is nothing I can do about it. I sent my application, outland in Dec 2014, got stage 1 approved in March and then found out it went to London which seems to be taking a looooooong time to process stage 2 - to see some stage 2 applications being processed in Mississauga in 1 and 2 days (compared to probably 15 months or so for London) seems a tad unjust on all concerned. Do any of the people in the know here have any words of wisdom or know of anything going on in the background to sort out the backlog in London?

I live in Canada but am due to fly back to London for 3 weeks at Xmas by which time I had hoped my PR would have come thru, however it's looking unlikely now and I'll be faced with an expired medical, the need to extend my tourist visa 3 days after I return to Canada after my trip and the prospect of not getting back in at the airport upon arrival back here.

Help
What makes you think you won't be allowed back into Canada?
Providing you can show CBSA that you are married to a Canadian and have submitted a spousal application then you should be OK.
There is a possibility that you will receive COPR before you go to the UK.
CIC have been known to extend medicals for those whose processing is near completion.
No need to extend the tourist visa as when you arrive back in Canada simply tell CBSA you are waiting for PR status (show evidence) and ask for a visitor record for 12 months.
Old Aug 13th 2015, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

pete.morzine is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply FL - re the not being allowed back in, I guess I'm just worried as lots of CIC advise is that you shouldn't leave the country if you are only on a Tourist Visa......hopefully this isn't the case.
I'm currently extending my tourist visa every 6 months (which takes about 2 months to go through so I constantly seem to be filling in forms and waiting on decisions?!?!!) - is there any way I can get a visitor record for 12 months without leaving/coming back and asking CBSA for one?
Old Aug 13th 2015, 2:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks for the reply FL - re the not being allowed back in, I guess I'm just worried as lots of CIC advise is that you shouldn't leave the country if you are only on a Tourist Visa......hopefully this isn't the case.
I'm currently extending my tourist visa every 6 months (which takes about 2 months to go through so I constantly seem to be filling in forms and waiting on decisions?!?!!) - is there any way I can get a visitor record for 12 months without leaving/coming back and asking CBSA for one?
Only by asking CIC when you submit an extension application. CBSA only deals with persons seeking entry and as you are already in Canada thats why you need CIC to issue one via the online or paper application route.
Even people on work/study permits can be technically refused entry if they leave Canada. Because you are married to a Canadian and very few spousal applications are refused you present a lower risk.
Old Aug 13th 2015, 3:56 pm
BE addict

Princesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond repute

FYI I applied for an extension to my Visitor permit back in May online, and just got approved yesterday for the year I asked for :-)
Old Aug 14th 2015, 1:01 pm
Just Joined

tatters86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Update for the spreadsheet, ECAS is now showing me as of today as in process.

Finally some progress!
Old Aug 17th 2015, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tatters86
Update for the spreadsheet, ECAS is now showing me as of today as in process.

Finally some progress!
Spreadsheet updated!
Old Aug 17th 2015, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

Patterson will become famous soon enough

Received an email from London this morning- my medical expired on August 12th and they want an update on where I've visited and any illnesses I've had in the past year to determine whether I need to redo the medical or not.

There was a time I'd get excited about any activity with London, goodness how they crush your soul eh? Haha.
Old Aug 17th 2015, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

Patterson will become famous soon enough

Here is a lesson in British cynicism vs Canadian positivity- the husband just checked ecas (though I shrugged and said what's the point).... And we are now apparently In Process! No idea when it happened, but there you go. That showed me.
Old Aug 17th 2015, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Patterson
Received an email from London this morning- my medical expired on August 12th and they want an update on where I've visited and any illnesses I've had in the past year to determine whether I need to redo the medical or not.

There was a time I'd get excited about any activity with London, goodness how they crush your soul eh? Haha.
Originally Posted by Patterson
Here is a lesson in British cynicism vs Canadian positivity- the husband just checked ecas (though I shrugged and said what's the point).... And we are now apparently In Process! No idea when it happened, but there you go. That showed me.
Spreadsheet updated. I find it interesting that so many people are going in process, some of which have previously had requests for missing documents and what have you. My own application had everything it was meant to have and yet my application has not moved an inch.
Old Aug 17th 2015, 5:02 pm
BE addict

Princesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andrewbrit
Spreadsheet updated. I find it interesting that so many people are going in process, some of which have previously had requests for missing documents and what have you. My own application had everything it was meant to have and yet my application has not moved an inch.
I find the amount of people going 'in process' interesting too.. especially people from June 2015? There was a thread discussing this over on Canadavisa and it was mentioned that the more recent applications, although showing 'in-process' when they click on it, only shows

application received XXXXX
medical results received XXX

and no line with.... 'we started processing XXX application on XXXX'

Got my fingers crossed for you Andrew-brit!
Old Aug 17th 2015, 6:20 pm
Just Joined

rafi.london is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello guys!!!!
My husband finally received an email today that said that our application has reached the final stage of processing and that we now need to send his passport to the VAC so that the visa can be issued!!
I'm soooooo happy! Its been a gruelling time for us, but have managed to make it through! Here's the timeline from in process so that Andrew and Snooks can update the spreadsheet!

June 8th: In Process in E-Cas
June 16th: Extension for Medical Requested
June 17th: Signed consent emailed and posted
August 17th: Immigration Visa Issue on Passport Letter received (email)

Now just to make sure, on the letter they have said to bring 3 things:
1. Passport (valid for at least one year from medical)
2. Recent Photographs (2) based on Photo Specifics
3. Updated Information Chart (received with letter)

Now those are the only things we need to take to the London VAC isn't it?
Can somebody run through one of their own experiences from getting the visa issued on the passport? Also how long does the visa issue usually take? I'm hoping it doesn't take more than seven working days! Could somebody please advise?

Thank you everyone for all your support during this immigration process!
Everybody waiting in process, don't worry, it will happen before you know it! I pray all of you who are waiting for their visa issue get it soon!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.