Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Feb 18th 2011, 1:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by dtilley592
Hi Guys,

It has arrived... I got the PPR email this about an hour ago.

Big smiles all round
So pleased for you!! First one for a few weeks, so there is hope yet!
Old Feb 18th 2011, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

Mdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really nice

Originally Posted by caleo
So pleased for you!! First one for a few weeks, so there is hope yet!
Congrats Dtilley !

Caleo.. of the group who applied late Sept / early Oct, I think there is only a few of us left..

Dtilley sent an email on monday to CIC.. i think you should try that tactic too. maybe just ask do they have all the info the need??

Last edited by Mdunny; Feb 18th 2011 at 4:07 pm. Reason: took out name.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 2:24 pm
J2J
Forum Regular

J2J is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by dtilley592
Hi Guys,

It has arrived... I got the PPR email this about an hour ago.

Big smiles all round
Huge congats So happy for you It must have been that email! LOL
Old Feb 18th 2011, 2:27 pm
J2J
Forum Regular

Just not really sure what to write? What do I ask? Nothing really to ask as yet because nothing is showing up?
Yes Caleo do it!!! Just ask for confirmation that they have received it. Thats what we did and there was nothing showing up for us either
Old Feb 18th 2011, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to all

Originally Posted by J2J
Yes Caleo do it!!! Just ask for confirmation that they have received it. Thats what we did and there was nothing showing up for us either
Yeah I'm cheering you on too - Go for it Caleo!!
Old Feb 18th 2011, 8:39 pm
Glory glory Man Utd.....

leggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mdunny
As much as it pains me to defend Canada post (they lost the christmas gift i sent from Ireland to my OH in Toronto! and yes, i swear i did send it ! )

but once it leaves Canada, surely they dont track it anymore? In this case, isnt your gripe with Royal Mail ?

Thats a good question and many would agree with you. However, when I took the letter into the post office and enquired about tracked mail, I was told that it would be tracked all the way and that I would be notified when it had been delivered.
I also signed up for the 'e-mail notification' of delivery.......and I still heard nothing!

Here's a quote lifted directly from Canada Post website re Tracking Mail:

If your item was mailed to the USA or internationally, you'll be able to find out:

When your order was created in our system
When your item was received by Canada Post
When your item left Canada and when it was accepted by a foreign postal administration
When your item was delivered, or:
When a Delivery Notice Card was issued to notify the recipient that the item is available for pick-up

Surely in this 21st century and at the height of the technological age, it can't be too difficult to have a barcode scanned, the information processed and then the customer notified that his/her letter, parcel or whatever, had been delivered to it's intended destination??

I mean lets face it.....we can know what any of our family or friends are doing at any given point in time, wherever they are in the world simply by them updating their status on Facebook....and within seconds of them entering the information!

C'mon Canada Post....get your act together!!

Old Feb 19th 2011, 10:14 am
Blonde, but not really.

Joolschweetie is a jewel in the roughJoolschweetie is a jewel in the roughJoolschweetie is a jewel in the roughJoolschweetie is a jewel in the rough

Very encouraging to hear your stories...good luck to you all!

Myself (Brit) & my partner (Canadian living in UK since 2007) have just sent our application to Mississauga and are eagerly awaiting news, which I'm sure will take a while.

This is my first post so go easy on me if this has already been answered somewhere, but when you log into the CIC website to track, does it take a few weeks before your details become availble or 'in process' as so far there's nothing?

I know it's very early for us and I'm getting unnecessarily giddy but just wondered.
Old Feb 19th 2011, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Cowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Joolschweetie
Very encouraging to hear your stories...good luck to you all!

Myself (Brit) & my partner (Canadian living in UK since 2007) have just sent our application to Mississauga and are eagerly awaiting news, which I'm sure will take a while.

This is my first post so go easy on me if this has already been answered somewhere, but when you log into the CIC website to track, does it take a few weeks before your details become availble or 'in process' as so far there's nothing?

I know it's very early for us and I'm getting unnecessarily giddy but just wondered.
Hi and welcome! Yes, basically it takes a few weeks to show up on ecas from the time they receive your application. The only way to find out if the application has arrived in Mississauga is to track your package through whoever you delivered it through.

Once Mississauga has made their decision it will show up on ecas as "decision made & letter sent on x date", but you won't know what the decision is until you receive the letter, usually about a week or so later.

Providing you are eligible to sponsor, the package is then sent off to London for the PR part to be processed. Again, it can take a while to show up on ecas - the website is not very reliable this way! Ours has showed up as 'received' in London but I have no idea whether they have started to process it or not!

Hope it all goes ok for you!
Old Feb 19th 2011, 2:18 pm
Blonde, but not really.

Joolschweetie is a jewel in the roughJoolschweetie is a jewel in the roughJoolschweetie is a jewel in the roughJoolschweetie is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Cowgirl
Hi and welcome! Yes, basically it takes a few weeks to show up on ecas from the time they receive your application. The only way to find out if the application has arrived in Mississauga is to track your package through whoever you delivered it through.

Once Mississauga has made their decision it will show up on ecas as "decision made & letter sent on x date", but you won't know what the decision is until you receive the letter, usually about a week or so later.

Providing you are eligible to sponsor, the package is then sent off to London for the PR part to be processed. Again, it can take a while to show up on ecas - the website is not very reliable this way! Ours has showed up as 'received' in London but I have no idea whether they have started to process it or not!

Hope it all goes ok for you!
Thanks Cowgirl, same for you - hope they make a start on it soon, the waiting is a killer!

Guess I'll just need to stop logging into ecas quite as often and getting my hopes up. Lol!
Old Feb 19th 2011, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joolschweetie
Thanks Cowgirl, same for you - hope they make a start on it soon, the waiting is a killer!

Guess I'll just need to stop logging into ecas quite as often and getting my hopes up. Lol!
Ha - Ecas? Don't believe a word of it. I think it is just there to stress us all out! The time to process in Mississauga is usually about 40 days (they update the time frame regularly on CIC) but don't expect anything on Ecas till at least then.

welcome to the waiting club Hope it all moves smoothly for you!
Old Feb 19th 2011, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cowgirl
Yeah I'm cheering you on too - Go for it Caleo!!
Okay you lot - I will email them on Monday - I presume I use my receipt number as the reference? Anyone got the email address?

Thanks
Old Feb 19th 2011, 2:39 pm
Blonde, but not really.

Ha - Ecas? Don't believe a word of it. I think it is just there to stress us all out! The time to process in Mississauga is usually about 40 days (they update the time frame regularly on CIC) but don't expect anything on Ecas till at least then.

welcome to the waiting club Hope it all moves smoothly for you!
So I'll not take it as gospel then!

Thanks for the info guys, it's so great to have an entire community of people going through this at the same time and has been so helpful throughout the process of putting the application together!
Old Feb 19th 2011, 6:16 pm
J2J
Forum Regular

Okay you lot - I will email them on Monday - I presume I use my receipt number as the reference? Anyone got the email address?

Thanks
www.canadianternational.go.ca/united kingdom-royaume uni/visas/contact visa contactez.aspx

Well I copied it right from the site with the spaces as shown but its not coming out as a email address on here. Try going to the page

Citizen and Immigration Canada
Canadian Visa office
London United Kingdom and then you can just click on the case specific email from there
I just googled "case specific email London Canadian immigration" to get to the page. It's near the bottom

Yes use the receipt number Good Luck!!!
Old Feb 19th 2011, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks
Wooohooo, I'm so glad! I bet you anything you'll hear something very soon after you send the email - if you don't I'll eat my hat!
Old Feb 21st 2011, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Well, just as I was about to email them, a change notification came through - checked Ecas and it now says "medicals received". Probably does not mean much, but it reassures me (slightly) that my file it not being used as a doorstop

Anyway - I have sent them a case specific email - we did not pay the ROPR fee upfront - so have asked if we can do so now, or whether we have to wait for them to request it now.

Watch this space.........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.