Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old May 28th 2015, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

The average for 2014 for London and Ottawa is under a month apart.

Over the last 20 applications Ottawa is faster but you still have about 6-8 months to wait I would say.

Personally I do not see it as a time delay. London VO handles more applications than Ottawa and so it will take them longer to process apps. This is to become a PR of another country and it takes time!
Old May 28th 2015, 8:07 pm
mec
Forum Regular

mec will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by snuggs
Anyone who got their COPR and 'Landed' got their PR card in the Mail yet?
The Processing times for NEW PR CARDS keep increasing on the website

Just curious of a timeline from anyone in the same position..
It seems there is a thread for everything

PR card arrival timeline!
Old May 28th 2015, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Andie8 is a jewel in the roughAndie8 is a jewel in the roughAndie8 is a jewel in the roughAndie8 is a jewel in the roughAndie8 is a jewel in the rough

Update for the spreadsheet!

Additional proof of intention to return requested today, 28 May.

Rather bizarrely, my husband received the email (I'm the sponsor) and they're asking him for proof of my intention to return. Shouldn't they be asking me...?

All I've got is: one way flight tickets (for us and for the cat!), a memorandum of sale for our property and my acknowledgement of resignation letter from my work. Does anyone have any thoughts on whether that's reasonably sufficient?
Old May 28th 2015, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

chrisbrought125 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by andrewbrit
The average for 2014 for London and Ottawa is under a month apart.

Over the last 20 applications Ottawa is faster but you still have about 6-8 months to wait I would say.

Personally I do not see it as a time delay. London VO handles more applications than Ottawa and so it will take them longer to process apps. This is to become a PR of another country and it takes time!
Of course, I wasn't trying to offend you or anyone about London I just had it in my mind that London was processing slower than staying in Canada so was happy to see it stay there. I have a baby on the way in July and I'm in Canada now so the sooner the better!
Old May 28th 2015, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andie8

Rather bizarrely, my husband received the email (I'm the sponsor) and they're asking him for proof of my intention to return. Shouldn't they be asking me...?

All I've got is: one way flight tickets (for us and for the cat!), a memorandum of sale for our property and my acknowledgement of resignation letter from my work. Does anyone have any thoughts on whether that's reasonably sufficient?
Spreadsheet updated. Where will you be staying when you return to Canada? If you have contacted realtors include those e-mails/letters. If you are living with family have them write a letter saying so. Will you be working in Canada? If so provide details on interviews you have lined up, etc.
Old May 28th 2015, 8:49 pm
Just Joined

cocamoe11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Toronto where I'm from!
Old May 28th 2015, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

LHaywood1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just about to start my application. I apologise if this has been asked before. Is there any pattern as to why some applications go to Mississauga? or is it just luck of the draw?

Thanks
Old May 28th 2015, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LHaywood1
Just about to start my application. I apologise if this has been asked before. Is there any pattern as to why some applications go to Mississauga? or is it just luck of the draw?

Thanks
Answered in the FAQ
Old May 29th 2015, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

Andie8 is a jewel in the roughAndie8 is a jewel in the roughAndie8 is a jewel in the roughAndie8 is a jewel in the roughAndie8 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by andrewbrit
Spreadsheet updated. Where will you be staying when you return to Canada? If you have contacted realtors include those e-mails/letters. If you are living with family have them write a letter saying so. Will you be working in Canada? If so provide details on interviews you have lined up, etc.
Thanks Andrew.

For anyone else's reference, we sent the following:

1. flight confirmation for us.
2. flight confirmation for the cat.
3. Memorandum of Sale in respect of our property sale.
4. My acknowledgement of resignation letter from work.
5. Confirmation from the shipping company that we're shipping our household goods 2 days before we fly.

We're staying with family on arrival and I enclosed an email from my father with the initial application so they have this already.

Roll on 'Decision Made' !!!
Old May 29th 2015, 8:58 am
Just Joined

Homeward_bound is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andie8

They sent our request for additional proof I was returning to my husband (the PR applicant). You have more proof than I did and we just received his COPR this week so just send what you have.
Old May 29th 2015, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

Patterson will become famous soon enough

So last night we landed at Pearson Intl. I was a bit of a jittery nervous wreck queueing for the customs counter to say the last. I'll be very specific about what happened:
*agent waves us forward, me and husband go together hand over our passports*
Agent "are you here to visit family or friend?"
Me "we're hoping to stay a bit longer than just a visit, I have a permanent residency application in process"
Agent "do you have proof of this?"
* I hand over print out from ECAS and copies of correspondences with CIC*
Agent "you applied last September and still haven't heard? I'm sorry, welcome to Canada right?"
Me "I have a return flight booked if I need it, although I'm hoping I wont!"
Agent "I'm happy to stamp your passport, just don't overstay your welcome, and I really hope that visa comes through soon for you guys"
*stamps passport and we exit*
Old May 29th 2015, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

Patterson will become famous soon enough

My question: I have a stamp with the date I arrived.... How long am I welcome?!? There's no date I must leave by??
Old May 29th 2015, 10:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patterson
My question: I have a stamp with the date I arrived.... How long am I welcome?!? There's no date I must leave by??
6 months from the date of arrival.
Old May 29th 2015, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

Shoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patterson
So last night we landed at Pearson Intl. I was a bit of a jittery nervous wreck queueing for the customs counter to say the last. I'll be very specific about what happened:
*agent waves us forward, me and husband go together hand over our passports*
Agent "are you here to visit family or friend?"
Me "we're hoping to stay a bit longer than just a visit, I have a permanent residency application in process"
Agent "do you have proof of this?"
* I hand over print out from ECAS and copies of correspondences with CIC*
Agent "you applied last September and still haven't heard? I'm sorry, welcome to Canada right?"
Me "I have a return flight booked if I need it, although I'm hoping I wont!"
Agent "I'm happy to stamp your passport, just don't overstay your welcome, and I really hope that visa comes through soon for you guys"
*stamps passport and we exit*
Wow. That's lovely.
Old May 29th 2015, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

hroberts44 is an unknown quantity at this point

We've sold our house now and will be moving into rented accommodation until we go back to Canada - I've been looking on the CIC website about how to update my address and they indicate that the change should be notified to the visa office serving the region in which you live - does anyone know if this is still accurate or whether, because many peoples' applications are being processed by offices other than the ones where they live, it should be notified to the office processing your application?

TIA!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.