Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Feb 17th 2011, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to all
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Thought i'd step in and join this thread if 'tis ok with you all. My application has been sat on the table awaiting the last couple of things to come on the post to include with it for a few days now!!!!!!!

As soon as those bits are here then off it goes.

Totally with all the others who say they keep checking and rechecking to make sure everythings all filled in / signed / sprayed with perfume and kissed, I may even check it one more time in a bit!!!!!!

Just one last query (or maybe 2) - there is a question that asks whether you want your app processed in your spouses home land (ie Canadian hubby the sposor and 'lil ol me the sponser-um-eeeeee) so we put yes (for the UK) and then it asks what visa office you want it processed - I put london UK down for this???

Is this right even though I know you send it to missississsssssauga initially.

Sorry for being a flake however since we got married and i'm in Canada unable to work my brain really has given up all hope of wanting to co-operate!
So you're living in Alberta and doing an Outland application? Putting London down is fine even though you live in Canada. The applications are processed much faster in London too! Yes, that's right - you send it all to CPC-M. Good luck!
Old Feb 17th 2011, 4:18 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cowgirl
So you're living in Alberta and doing an Outland application? Putting London down is fine even though you live in Canada. The applications are processed much faster in London too! Yes, that's right - you send it all to CPC-M. Good luck!
Thank you Cowgirl x
Old Feb 17th 2011, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dtilley592
I mean the federal Member of Parliament for Burlington, Ontario. What they meant by 7 months is that my application has been with London since December 2, 2010, and London are quoting 9 months for the application to be completed. So I think it is obvious whoever they spoke to is just taking the information directly from the CIC website. I think in a round about way they were telling me to p*ss off because there is nothing they can do. I know my mother-in-law was only trying to help, but I could kill here because the phone call was totally out of the blue and caught me off guard. Anyway here is to hoping it is NOT going to 7 months.
Yes, i can advise you with utmost confidence that when you call them, they go on what is on the website - so the 7 months would be the nine months stated for CIC london.

I really hope it won't be that long! My medicals will be close to expiry and we will have to land really quickly - not easy when you have to rely on the kids school holidays!!!!
Old Feb 17th 2011, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

The applications are processed much faster in London too!
They are?????

hmmmm - will let you know..........
Old Feb 17th 2011, 5:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Thought i'd step in and join this thread if 'tis ok with you all. My application has been sat on the table awaiting the last couple of things to come on the post to include with it for a few days now!!!!!!!

As soon as those bits are here then off it goes.

Totally with all the others who say they keep checking and rechecking to make sure everythings all filled in / signed / sprayed with perfume and kissed, I may even check it one more time in a bit!!!!!!

Just one last query (or maybe 2) - there is a question that asks whether you want your app processed in your spouses home land (ie Canadian hubby the sposor and 'lil ol me the sponser-um-eeeeee) so we put yes (for the UK) and then it asks what visa office you want it processed - I put london UK down for this???

Is this right even though I know you send it to missississsssssauga initially.

Sorry for being a flake however since we got married and i'm in Canada unable to work my brain really has given up all hope of wanting to co-operate!
Yes, all goes to Mississauga, and then they will forward it on to london once the sponsorship has been approved.

It is so hard to not keep checking isn't it? And then once they have been sent off, you sit and wonder whether you filled the right things in.............

Good luck! Hope it all comes through quickly for you!
Old Feb 17th 2011, 5:57 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caleo
They are?????

hmmmm - will let you know..........
There's always one who wants to be different hey
Old Feb 17th 2011, 6:11 pm
Account Closed

dtilley592 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, i can advise you with utmost confidence that when you call them, they go on what is on the website - so the 7 months would be the nine months stated for CIC london.

I really hope it won't be that long! My medicals will be close to expiry and we will have to land really quickly - not easy when you have to rely on the kids school holidays!!!!
Yeah I could tell the women from the MP's office was reading directly from the website and that she had rang the CIC helpline. Nevermind lets just hope ours come through soon, I was really hoping we would hear this week.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 6:54 pm
J2J
Forum Regular

J2J is on a distinguished road

I found it interesting that a few more applicants have mentioned that they sent a "polite: case specific email (as we did) and then poof! the PR came through
Caleo do you think it might be worth a shot???

dtilley perhaps the fact that you received an email requesting information about your medical, it might be the perfect opportunity to send a case specific email just asking them if the information that you sent at their request was sufficient, and if the issue has been resolved???? We were so hoping for some positive news for you this wk. I am almost your neighbor! If you want to meet for coffee/drink to celebrate when your PR comes just let me know!!
Old Feb 17th 2011, 7:23 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by J2J
I found it interesting that a few more applicants have mentioned that they sent a "polite: case specific email (as we did) and then poof! the PR came through
Caleo do you think it might be worth a shot???

dtilley perhaps the fact that you received an email requesting information about your medical, it might be the perfect opportunity to send a case specific email just asking them if the information that you sent at their request was sufficient, and if the issue has been resolved???? We were so hoping for some positive news for you this wk. I am almost your neighbor! If you want to meet for coffee/drink to celebrate when your PR comes just let me know!!
I actually did send one on Monday just asking them to confirm that they have received my information and if they required anything further. We shall see if they respond
Old Feb 18th 2011, 2:20 am
Glory glory Man Utd.....

leggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by red_99
Hi there,

You're situation sounds really similar to mine. Basically my timeline so far is:

Arrived in Canada: August 13th 2010
Applied to Mississauga: September 15th 2010
Approved at Mississauga: October 26th and file sent to London (UK)
PPR from London January 26th 2011
Passport Back from High Commission: Today February 17th 2011 (through UPS, don't use Canada Post they are terrible!!)

the whole time my case never showed up on eCas and I never received any progress reports from CIC, no contact whatsoever! Eventually, after speaking to a friend in T.O. he recommended I send an email to them to ask, very politely, if they needed any extra information for my application (he did this and got his PPR a week later) so I sent off the case specific enquiry email and lo and behold a week later I got my PPR!

The High Commission had my passport for just over a week before returning it
to my parents who have forwarded it to me.

Hi there...just thought I'd echo your comment about not using Canada Post.

I recently sent an A4 sized letter (1 page) with an enclosed cheque via their Registered Post service and even though it weighed next to nothing, it still cost me $17.00 for the priviledge!
I sent it registered as I wanted it tracked and to be notified when the item had been delivered to the UK address. (All of which was supposed to happen as part of the registered post service).

So, letter was posted on 13th Jan.....no probs.
According to Canada Post tracking on 15th Jan, the 'International item has left Canada'.......again, no probs with that.

However, as of today Canada Post tracking still says the same as it did on 15th Jan.

Now here's where it gets interesting....bordering on funny. The cheque that was enclosed in the envelope has been cashed (on 28th Jan), and the copy of my decree absolute that I had applied for from Peterborough Court was delivered to me.......on the 3rd Feb!!!

Gotta say Canada Post....that is one helluva tracking service you provide, and as a result will not be using them when we send of my sponsorship application!

Canada Post...
Old Feb 18th 2011, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

Mdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really nice

As much as it pains me to defend Canada post (they lost the christmas gift i sent from Ireland to my OH in Toronto! and yes, i swear i did send it ! )

but once it leaves Canada, surely they dont track it anymore? In this case, isnt your gripe with Royal Mail ?
Old Feb 18th 2011, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Cowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to all

Yes, all goes to Mississauga, and then they will forward it on to london once the sponsorship has been approved.

It is so hard to not keep checking isn't it? And then once they have been sent off, you sit and wonder whether you filled the right things in.............

Good luck! Hope it all comes through quickly for you!
Aww, Caleo it must be so frustrating still waiting! I agree with what others have said on here though - you should definitely send a case specific email. It can't hurt! I would if I were you!
Old Feb 18th 2011, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Aww, Caleo it must be so frustrating still waiting! I agree with what others have said on here though - you should definitely send a case specific email. It can't hurt! I would if I were you!
Just not really sure what to write? What do I ask? Nothing really to ask as yet because nothing is showing up?
Old Feb 18th 2011, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

Mdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really nice

Just not really sure what to write? What do I ask? Nothing really to ask as yet because nothing is showing up?
I was wondering the same Caleo... but this week i sent them an update of my correspondance address and requested my file number (the one beginning with an 'F').

I didnt ask about timelines or when I can expect my PPR but am hoping the email will move my application back up the list a bit.. who know?!
Old Feb 18th 2011, 1:18 pm
Account Closed

Hi Guys,

It has arrived... I got the PPR email this about an hour ago.

Big smiles all round

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.