Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Apr 22nd 2015, 2:21 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by lramsey11
Arrrggh! Congratulation EG2015!

I am also in Mississauga but our application received on October 21st and that's where we still are at! Not looking to promising when assessing everyone else who has been sent there, before and after our application. Still just fingers crossed I suppose!
Have you tried emailing to get an update? Or even tried the misinformation centre? That's well over the average for Mississauga, it'd be worth chasing.
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 2:35 pm
Just Joined

EG2015 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you both! Iramsey 11, I honestly think that the whole system is luck of the drawer, in terms of whose desk your application lands on, which immigration officer you get at the gate, I wouldn't worry too much, my husband and I had a two year wait set into our minds, we just got really really lucky (so far anyway). I will keep my fingers crossed for you, and for everyone else.
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 6:06 pm
Just Joined

Homeward_bound is an unknown quantity at this point

Exciting update!
My husband has just had an email requesting updated photos, updated information chart and photocopy of his passport so that his application can be finalised.
A bit surprised as ecas still says 'application received'. However we sold our house this week so this news couldn't have come at a better time.
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 6:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Homeward_bound
Exciting update!
My husband has just had an email requesting updated photos, updated information chart and photocopy of his passport so that his application can be finalised.
A bit surprised as ecas still says 'application received'. However we sold our house this week so this news couldn't have come at a better time.
This is decision made! Congrats, spreadsheet updated!
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 6:14 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Exciting update!
As Andrew said, that's pretty well the equivalent of DM, so congrats! You should have your COPR in hand shortly - within a few weeks likely!

And congrats on the house sale! Things are coming together - exciting!!! Where are you headed in Canada again?
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 6:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
As Andrew said, that's pretty well the equivalent of DM, so congrats! You should have your COPR in hand shortly - within a few weeks likely!

And congrats on the house sale! Things are coming together - exciting!!! Where are you headed in Canada again?
We are headed to my home town of Saskatoon! Can't wait to be living in the same city as my family again.
Not so sure I am prepared for the winters after living in England for 9 years.
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 6:29 pm
Concierge

Oooo there's someone in the main sectino of the CAnada board right now that's asking for info about Saskatoon. You might want to pop your head in there!!

Hopefully the rest of the process is smooth! Be sure to read up on the wiki articles about landing and goods to follow so you can get all your ducks in a row for both your landings!
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

lramsey11 has a reputation beyond reputelramsey11 has a reputation beyond reputelramsey11 has a reputation beyond reputelramsey11 has a reputation beyond reputelramsey11 has a reputation beyond reputelramsey11 has a reputation beyond reputelramsey11 has a reputation beyond reputelramsey11 has a reputation beyond reputelramsey11 has a reputation beyond reputelramsey11 has a reputation beyond reputelramsey11 has a reputation beyond repute

We are headed to my home town of Saskatoon! Can't wait to be living in the same city as my family again.
Not so sure I am prepared for the winters after living in England for 9 years.
Many congratulations!
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 6:47 pm
Just Joined

Thank you to everyone on here. This place has kept me from going crazy knowing that there are so many of you going through the same thing as us and the spreadsheet is an amazing resource!
Old Apr 23rd 2015, 8:10 am
Just Joined

HashtagCanada is an unknown quantity at this point

I forgot to update my location to Oxford, England (by way of Ukraine, recommend it, mega cheap beer) however I'll be back in Ottawa tomorrow.

Reason for my post is a phone conversation with the MP's Liason in Ottawa who has managed to get some info from CIC after much chasing... well it would be rude not to, I have only been waiting a year.

Eligibility - Passed

Background Check - Complete

Both Fees - Paid

Change of Address - Confirmed

They have requested medical extension for 90 days as it ran out on the 14/02/15 - Pending

Apparently once this is squared away they will issue paperwork to be sent out, hopefully to the correct address.
Old Apr 23rd 2015, 9:19 am
Just Joined

bananabread is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in need of a good immigration lawyer but only want to go with one who has been recommended. Any suggestions out there? Preferably Toronto based but doesn't matter that much as we're in UK anyhow. Thanks!
Old Apr 23rd 2015, 9:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bananabread
I'm in need of a good immigration lawyer but only want to go with one who has been recommended. Any suggestions out there? Preferably Toronto based but doesn't matter that much as we're in UK anyhow. Thanks!
Why do you need a lawyer? I can recommend one based in Canada but not in Toronto.
Old Apr 23rd 2015, 9:54 am
Just Joined

HashtagCanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bananabread
Mike Bell based in Ottawa. My sister-in-law works for him.
Old Apr 23rd 2015, 10:21 am
Just Joined

bananabread is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks HashtagCanada!

I'm sponsoring my husband who is Kenyan. We are both living in the UK together. My application was returned to me prior to sponsor approval. Only now I realize our daughter, born here, isn't Canadian according to new law in 2009 even though I'm Canadian and have lived there my whole life (up until a year ago). This is because I was born by chance in the UK. But there might be another reason it was returned, it's hard to know. Also, we cannot wait in the UK for three years to get permanent residence. I have a house in Toronto waiting, a job waiting, my older daughter wants to return to her life there and we can't afford to stay in London with two kids. We have no family here. I only moved here to facilitate being with my husband as Canada was not allowing him in under previous circumstances. We always thought it would be a year to wait, but with a three year waiting time...we're just too miserable here. So I need a lawyer to help us with alternative ways of getting to Canada as a family, while we wait for permanent residence for my husband and our daughter. Because my husband is Kenyan, however, it isn't easy for him to get to Canada on a temp resident permit.

I'm overwhelmed with the seeming despondency of our situation and that's why I need someone to help us through it. We've been dealing with visas and denials for years now and I need a break! Any advice always welcome!
Old Apr 23rd 2015, 11:39 am
Just Joined

Yomaben is an unknown quantity at this point

EG2015, Congtrats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.