Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Apr 19th 2015, 6:38 pm
A taffy in Ontario

snuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant future
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Just to give you some information based on my experience... I didnt get Any confirmation of Sponsorship approval.. I waited until the time frame had passed since submitting my application ( believe it was around 92 days ) and then I contacted the call centre.. and the agent said there was a note on my file saying they never sent approval to me.. ( no reason why )

Anyway, enough of that... Just sit tight and wait it out... If you have done everything correctly on the Application, your time will come

P.s After the waiting I was one of the lucky ones and managed to get Stage 2 approval within a Month after that.
Old Apr 20th 2015, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

Patterson will become famous soon enough

Hello all so we are headed back to Toronto in 5 weeks with me entering with Dual Intent. Based on the timeline were not expecting to hear anything on the visa until September (hopefully), but I was wondering if anyone is aware of my eligibility to do volunteer work whilst on dual intent? I'm not keen on sitting around doing nothing and getting a bit gap in my resume, so was hoping to do some office based volunteering with the Heart foundation or something. I'm struggling to find any info online about whether that's ok or not given my status, anyone here have any advice? Thanks guys
Old Apr 20th 2015, 10:40 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patterson
Hello all so we are headed back to Toronto in 5 weeks with me entering with Dual Intent. Based on the timeline were not expecting to hear anything on the visa until September (hopefully), but I was wondering if anyone is aware of my eligibility to do volunteer work whilst on dual intent? I'm not keen on sitting around doing nothing and getting a bit gap in my resume, so was hoping to do some office based volunteering with the Heart foundation or something. I'm struggling to find any info online about whether that's ok or not given my status, anyone here have any advice? Thanks guys
You are allowed to volunteer, add long as the role is something that would normally be done by a volunteer, like working at a soup kitchen or being a driver for Meals on Wheels or whatever. As long as the role would be normally filled by a volunteer it's fine. You cannot volunteer somewhere where they may otherwise pay someone for the work which includes unpaid internships, even if they are advertised as such. Hope that helps!
Old Apr 20th 2015, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
You are allowed to volunteer, add long as the role is something that would normally be done by a volunteer, like working at a soup kitchen or being a driver for Meals on Wheels or whatever. As long as the role would be normally filled by a volunteer it's fine. You cannot volunteer somewhere where they may otherwise pay someone for the work which includes unpaid internships, even if they are advertised as such. Hope that helps!
Ah ok, so finding something through the city volunteer site that is office help 2 days per week would be ok. I'm thinking if it's for a big charity that routinely has volunteers for that then I'd be good. Honestly I think I'd be good doing anything that isn't sitting on my ass all summer haha thank you!
Old Apr 20th 2015, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Divvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond repute

I sent off my online app yesterday to extend my stay as a visitor come May 19th, keep y'all updated!
So weird having a MyCIC account again.
Old Apr 20th 2015, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

garethr1989 is an unknown quantity at this point

We received our sponsor approval last week. Letter dated 13th April and the application is staying in Mississauga
Old Apr 20th 2015, 3:08 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garethr1989
We received our sponsor approval last week. Letter dated 13th April and the application is staying in Mississauga
Result - awesome it's staying in Mississauga!! Hopefully you hear soon - another 2015 applicant already has DM from Mississauga!
Old Apr 21st 2015, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

rudolph6 is an unknown quantity at this point

**For the spreadsheet:

Spousal Application (Married)
Application received: February 9th
AOR: April 2nd
Sponsor approval: Not yet received
Processing office: Not yet chosen
Our location: London, UK

This is a great blog. I can see myself coming here many times in the coming weeks. The CIC most recent update is still March 31st. What day do they tend to update on?
Old Apr 21st 2015, 7:22 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by rudolph6
**For the spreadsheet:

Spousal Application (Married)
Application received: February 9th
AOR: April 2nd
Sponsor approval: Not yet received
Processing office: Not yet chosen
Our location: London, UK

This is a great blog. I can see myself coming here many times in the coming weeks. The CIC most recent update is still March 31st. What day do they tend to update on?
All added!

Not sure which update you mean... update to which part of the site? Processing times?
Old Apr 21st 2015, 7:27 pm
Just Joined

rudolph6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry. I meant the processing times for family sponsorship for people being sponsored outside of Canada.
Old Apr 21st 2015, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

I got a response to a query from London the other day, just a standard automated response so of no real use other than a section at the bottom, which for anyone interested stated:

To give you a better sense of the expected processing time for new Family Class applications received in London, we are currently putting into active processing the applications where the date received in CPC-Mississauga is between May 1st and July 31st, 2014.
Old Apr 21st 2015, 7:34 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by rudolph6
Sorry. I meant the processing times for family sponsorship for people being sponsored outside of Canada.
If you look at CIC's processing times page, under Stage 1, it says "UPDATED WEEKLY", and under Stage 2, it says "UPDATED QUARTERLY". So....

Originally Posted by Patterson
I got a response to a query from London the other day, just a standard automated response so of no real use other than a section at the bottom, which for anyone interested stated:
Yeah someone posted something similar not long ago... it sounds about right based on what's on the spreadsheet. Still useful to know, thanks for sharing!
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

EG2015 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all, great news, this morning I received an email to request my photos and an updated information chart.
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 1:45 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by EG2015
Hello all, great news, this morning I received an email to request my photos and an updated information chart.
Woohoo! Huzzah for Mississauga being exceptionally quick! Looks like they take a bit longer to issue COPR, but hopefully that's not far behind - maybe a month from now or so? Congrats!
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

lramsey11 has a reputation beyond reputelramsey11 has a reputation beyond reputelramsey11 has a reputation beyond reputelramsey11 has a reputation beyond reputelramsey11 has a reputation beyond reputelramsey11 has a reputation beyond reputelramsey11 has a reputation beyond reputelramsey11 has a reputation beyond reputelramsey11 has a reputation beyond reputelramsey11 has a reputation beyond reputelramsey11 has a reputation beyond repute

Arrrggh! Congratulation EG2015!

I am also in Mississauga but our application received on October 21st and that's where we still are at! Not looking to promising when assessing everyone else who has been sent there, before and after our application. Still just fingers crossed I suppose!

Last edited by lramsey11; Apr 22nd 2015 at 2:16 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.