Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Nov 19th 2010, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

suze_h will become famous soon enoughsuze_h will become famous soon enough
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

So sorry to hear your news J2J x
Old Nov 20th 2010, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

Allie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond repute

My thoughts and prayers are with you J2J. I'm so sorry for your loss.
Old Nov 20th 2010, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

CanadianLove is an unknown quantity at this point

Our application has been 'in process' with London since 07/09/10. We have submitted extra info they have requested which has come back clear - we hope (medical information and consultant said condition was fully recovered from and positive outcome). I know we haven't been waiting a long time, but it is beginning to feel like forever. Trying to remain positive about the outcome. We have our heart set on moving next May because of a family wedding.

Last edited by CanadianLove; Nov 20th 2010 at 1:16 pm.
Old Nov 20th 2010, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

flexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CanadianLove
Our application has been 'in process' with London since 07/09/10. We have submitted extra info they have requested which has come back clear - we hope (medical information and consultant said condition was fully recovered from and positive outcome). I know we haven't been waiting a long time, but it is beginning to feel like forever. Trying to remain positive about the outcome. We have our heart set on moving next May because of a family wedding.
What extra info was requested if u don't mind me asking? How prompt are they to indicate they have had it
Old Nov 20th 2010, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

CanadianLove is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi - following to medical and declaration that we would not sponsor a family member in the future. We haven't had confirmation either way from them.
Old Nov 20th 2010, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

flexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond repute

cool, thanks. Just thought id ask. Always best to know as much information as possible when entering new dark waters.

Anyone ever had to have an interview?
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 11:01 am
MUA
Forum Regular

MUA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CanadianLove
Hi CanadianLove,

Our timelines are similar. We have been 'in process' as of 1st September, they requested more info on the 24/09/10, I sent this via fax/email on 27/09/10, still waiting to hear from them. I know what you been about being positive, the kids are really excited about moving. Me and kids are dual Citizens and I have sponsored my hubby.

Timelines: sent to CIC-M - 23/06/10, rec'd - 29/06/10, approved to sponsor - 13/08/10 and sent to London, London started processing 01/09/10

I'm hoping that we will hear from them in December!!!

MUA
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

Mdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really nice

Hi,

Apologies if this has been explained before but, how can I track the application on eCas after it has been sent from CPC-M to London?
I logged in using my partners client ID and it still has the 'Decision Made' info but nothing else. I presume I need a client ID to track progress from here on... where does that come from?

Thanks!
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

Mdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mdunny
Hi,

Apologies if this has been explained before but, how can I track the application on eCas after it has been sent from CPC-M to London?
I logged in using my partners client ID and it still has the 'Decision Made' info but nothing else. I presume I need a client ID to track progress from here on... where does that come from?

Thanks!
aaaah... damn. just spoke with my 'immigration consultant'.. (so annoyed that i paid him to do this for us, we should have done it ourselves!!) . He didnt send the 'right of permanent residence fee' with our application and so thats why I dont have a client ID number yet. Also, i read earlier in this thread that it'll cost me two full months between them asking for the fee and it being sent.. am so annoyed now, this process is taking forever...
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

suze_h will become famous soon enoughsuze_h will become famous soon enough

Hey mdunny,

Don't panic too much - it doesn't look like it's taking ages from when they request the Right of Permanent Residence Fee to when people are getting passport requests (just from looking at other people's timelines) - I know they say it can delay your application but it looks like it's generally only by a couple of weeks - fingers crossed.

With regards to your other question - when you sign in with your partner's information there should be 2 columns in the table - one that says Sponsorship Application Status (the one that will currently state Decision Made) and then next to that there should be one that is headed Permanent Residence Application Status. When they receive your application in London and start working on it that will be updated and will say 'In Process' - so you don't actually need your client ID number to track it. At the moment yours probably says 'Not Available'.

Does that help?
Suze
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the note Suze,

I hope that’s the case. It is so frustrating that such a simple omission could waste more time. Im leaving Canada next week to go home until the visa is granted and my partner is staying in Canada. The thought of there being an extra two months tagged onto an already unknown timeline is adding to the stress levels!

Ps. Your second paragraph should be highlighted for newcomers to the thread! very informative, thanks for explaining.
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 4:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

When we sent ours, we did not pay the fee either - mainly because we are not in a major hurry. I have had a look at a few timelines though, and it only seems to delay it by a week or two.

I think it is Allie73 who paid it later? Have a peek at her timeline.

Have you received your letter from mississauga yet? Our decision has been made, but not received our letter yet - I doubt the sponsorship will be refused, but just don't feel safe till we have it in writing!

Our Ecas also just says decision made and nothing for the PR status - I think it takes them a little while to get the files to London.

I can understand how frustrating it is waiting when you are apart - we had the same situation 5 years ago when my husband applied for a spouse visa in the UK - our baby was due in the december and we were so worried that it would not come through on time - it did, but only just - and it was so hard being separated.

Hope you are not kept apart for too long!
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 6:55 pm
Account Closed

dtilley592 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,

Just wondering what you used to check your status on the Ecas system? I'm trying the receipt number and the details for my wife (who is the sponsor) but I'm not getting anything. Admittedly our application was on received on 19th October 2010 so it may not have been processed, but is all your experience that ECAS tends to update quite a bit after the application has been processed in Mississauga?

Cheers
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dtilley592
Hi Guys,

Just wondering what you used to check your status on the Ecas system? I'm trying the receipt number and the details for my wife (who is the sponsor) but I'm not getting anything. Admittedly our application was on received on 19th October 2010 so it may not have been processed, but is all your experience that ECAS tends to update quite a bit after the application has been processed in Mississauga?

Cheers
I use our receipt number IMM 5401(?) starts with an R and hubbys details - he is the sponsor. My details appeared on the saturday - decision was made on the 10th - so took a few days
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

VW092906 is on a distinguished road

hi guys... havent been on here in a while... we sent our application to London on October 13th (according to tracking our postal receipt London received it on the 14th). Ive been trying not to think about it too much and stress (thats why Ive tried not to come on here!) but its been over a month now, and we havent heard a thing. according to the website they are looking at applications received on Oct. 15th, so I assume thats us, but not sure if that meant London or not... and of course I have no receipt number or any number for that matter to even try to track anything! just starting to stress. I was really hoping we would have found out about the sponsorship bit by now or at the very least had some sort of letter confirming something was received. should I be worried you think? we were going to give it to the end of the week and then try to send an email or something. to whom I dont know lol

thanks for listening (reading) as always, any support is greatly appreciated

Valentina

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.