Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Oct 15th 2013, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

skytek is just really niceskytek is just really niceskytek is just really niceskytek is just really niceskytek is just really niceskytek is just really niceskytek is just really niceskytek is just really niceskytek is just really nice
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Oh ok thanks! Do you happen to know which forum?
Old Oct 15th 2013, 7:12 pm
Chips & Gravy

jennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of light

I have just realised that I didn't send in my IMM 5406 - fully expecting my application to be returned as I didn't get my AOR yet.

I feel like an idiot. No idea how I missed it.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 7:22 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by skytek
Oh ok thanks! Do you happen to know which forum?
The other forum who uses it - the name is on the top of the spreadsheet.

Old Oct 16th 2013, 2:29 am
Just Joined

dionne30 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
What is your citizenship? Are you from Trinidad & Tobago, or a Brit working there? It's just that visa applications via T&T will take longer to process, so if you can apply via a different Visa office, it may be better to do so.

But have a look at the following two links which answer your questions.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...fc-spouses.asp

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousa...sorship-Canada

HTH.
Hi Thank you so much for your reply. it was very helpful. Sad to say I am nota British citizen. My country of residence is Antigua and visas for this country is processed in Trinidad.

1. Do you think I could make my application from the United States? I have a US visa.

2. My husband and I considering applying within Canada since that means we will be together. How long would it take for me to receive a work permit?

3. Would you advise I enter Canada on a regular visitor visa?
Old Oct 16th 2013, 3:08 am
Forum Regular

poppy88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by skytek
I was just wondering if castleseng, who got their Common Law PR approved yesterday is around. What were your special circumstances that got you approved in just 78 days, if you don't mind sharing? That's phenomenally quick!
i know ! i asked her/him myself,

<direct link snipped>

thats the other forum site

i sent off my application saturday, but with the long weekend etc, it wont arrive till tomorrow or thursday.
but i realised i forgot to include a copy of my IEC visa, and a copy of my boyfriends passport (he is the sponsorer) will this create major problems, i was thinking of sending them in now and putting a note to add them or should i wait for the package to get sent to london?

Last edited by Siouxie; Oct 16th 2013 at 5:25 am.
Old Oct 16th 2013, 5:36 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poppy88
i know ! i asked her/him myself,

<direct link snipped>

thats the other forum site

i sent off my application saturday, but with the long weekend etc, it wont arrive till tomorrow or thursday.
but i realised i forgot to include a copy of my IEC visa, and a copy of my boyfriends passport (he is the sponsorer) will this create major problems, i was thinking of sending them in now and putting a note to add them or should i wait for the package to get sent to london?
Did you send in any supporting identity document for your sponsor? Copy of their PR card/Citizenship or birth certificate? Without one of them I believe your application will be unlikely to pass the initial processing in Mississauga and it will likely be returned to you.

I'm not sure sending them now will help as without knowing your reference number they won't know which application the documents belong to - or do you already have one?

As to the copy of your current IEC visa, if by chance the sponsorship application does go through you should receive confirmation that sponsorship has been approved and could send it through to London then.

It's always good to get another person to check through your application to make sure you have everything required using the document checklists here and here.

Old Oct 16th 2013, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Did you send in any supporting identity document for your sponsor? Copy of their PR card/Citizenship or birth certificate? Without one of them I believe your application will be unlikely to pass the initial processing in Mississauga and it will likely be returned to you.

I'm not sure sending them now will help as without knowing your reference number they won't know which application the documents belong to - or do you already have one?

As to the copy of your current IEC visa, if by chance the sponsorship application does go through you should receive confirmation that sponsorship has been approved and could send it through to London then.

It's always good to get another person to check through your application to make sure you have everything required using the document checklists here and here.

its stupid as we checked over and over a million times, there was a copy of his residency card sent in with the application, would this be enough?

i do have a UCI from my iec visa, and obviously my sponser has a UCI should i send them in referencing our UCI numbers, would that help do you think?

Last edited by poppy88; Oct 16th 2013 at 6:43 am. Reason: adding more info
Old Oct 16th 2013, 7:46 am
Banned

Originally Posted by poppy88
its stupid as we checked over and over a million times, there was a copy of his residency card sent in with the application, would this be enough?

i do have a UCI from my iec visa, and obviously my sponser has a UCI should i send them in referencing our UCI numbers, would that help do you think?
It happens, there's no point in getting in a tizwaz about it

Do you mean his Permanent Residence Card? If you sent a copy of both the front and back then yes, that would be sufficient according to the CIC document checklist.

Old Oct 16th 2013, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Siouxie
It happens, there's no point in getting in a tizwaz about it

Do you mean his Permanent Residence Card? If you sent a copy of both the front and back then yes, that would be sufficient according to the CIC document checklist.

yes i sent a front and back copy of his residency card, i never actually saw that his passport was needed until i read the checklist for western europe, hopefully not including my IEC visa copy thing won't delay it too much, i will probably send it to london if/when sponsor approval happens
Old Oct 16th 2013, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

UKHR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Updated for you, and added the info request for UKHR.
Old Oct 19th 2013, 12:25 pm
Wales to Ontario

Runningfree is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all.
We just wanted to share our great news I am in shock!!!

Just received by registered post Confirmation of Permanent Residence, it took in total under 2 months!! Hope others with applications of similar times will follow.
Please can someone update the spreadsheet. We are going to open a bottle tonight!!!
Old Oct 19th 2013, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

Kwon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Runningfree
Hi all.

Just received by registered post Confirmation of Permanent Residence, it took in total under 2 months!! Hope others with applications of similar times will follow.
Please can someone update the spreadsheet. We are going to open a bottle tonight!!!
Congratulations!!! That is unbelievably fast. They must have hired someone new in London who is working 24/7.
Old Oct 19th 2013, 2:53 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Holy crap! That's amazing! I'll update you when I'm on the desktop later
Old Oct 19th 2013, 4:15 pm
Finding my Canadian Feet

AnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Runningfree
Hi all.

WOW!!! Congratulations!! That's so brilliant - gives hope for us all
Old Oct 20th 2013, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

leg89 has a brilliant futureleg89 has a brilliant futureleg89 has a brilliant futureleg89 has a brilliant futureleg89 has a brilliant futureleg89 has a brilliant futureleg89 has a brilliant future

Wow!! 2 months! Congratulations. Hoping I will hear something soon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.