Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Sep 30th 2013, 5:11 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Think November or December and relax for now.
Old Sep 30th 2013, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

leg89 has a brilliant futureleg89 has a brilliant futureleg89 has a brilliant futureleg89 has a brilliant futureleg89 has a brilliant futureleg89 has a brilliant futureleg89 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Struggling to relax . Have a job riding on getting this PR in the next month.
Old Sep 30th 2013, 8:03 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Agreed. End of November seems the "on track" date.
Old Sep 30th 2013, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

leg89 has a brilliant futureleg89 has a brilliant futureleg89 has a brilliant futureleg89 has a brilliant futureleg89 has a brilliant futureleg89 has a brilliant futureleg89 has a brilliant future

That will be too late
Old Sep 30th 2013, 11:01 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Look at the spreadsheet, average processing is just a shade over 6 months... that puts you at about end of November...
Old Oct 1st 2013, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

phasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone have any advice on getting documents notorised?

Do you have to get ALL photocopies, copies of passports and supporting documents signed?

It ends up working out fairly expensive I guess.

Also, when it comes to flights to and from Canada, plus shared flights with my girlfriend for holidays, I have a few boarding pass stubs but a lot of them are e-tickets. Is it OK to use them, and would they accept re-printed e-tickets with our names on them? Would these have to be notarised also?

Last edited by phasee; Oct 1st 2013 at 9:34 am.
Old Oct 1st 2013, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

oopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond repute

As I was previously advised, very little needs to be notarised. The guide tells you how to get documents notarised, but not which ones, so I think it is safe to assume that unless it STIPULATES that a document should be notarised, an ordinary photocopy will suffice.

My wife "landed" in Edmonton earlier this morning and her PR is now "done & dusted", and as far as I recall we had nothing notarised. I did put a few of my OWN "Certified to be a true copy of the original" declarations on copy passports and birth & marriage certs etc, but that's all.

Best of luck
Old Oct 1st 2013, 1:39 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

I can't remember which document specifically says it (it might be the checklist?), but it says something along the lines of "unless otherwise stated, photocopies are acceptable." So as oopsbuddy said, you can assume that a photocopy is fine, and if they need the copy certified, it will be stated.

When I applied we didn't have to supply anything certified, so we just did normal photocopies of everything - passport, drivers license, greeting cards, etc etc - and figured if CIC wanted to see an original or wanted a copy certified, that they'd ask down the line unless they'd asked up front.
Old Oct 1st 2013, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

phasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks very much for the replies. I was beginning to think getting things notarised would cost me hundreds of pounds! So as far as I can see the only thing that needs to be notarised is the 2 declarations from friends or family about the development and nature of our relationship?

Thanks again. Also, apologies if I'm asking things that have been covered in the past. I usually do a forum search before, just wanted to ask the questions quickly during my break.
Old Oct 1st 2013, 2:36 pm
Concierge

Added you to the spreadsheet!

Originally Posted by Kwon
Are you married or common law? I think if you're married the whole process is a lot quicker. That's hat I interpret from the spreadsheet.
Not true.

For 2013, looking at averages, CL takes about 30 days longer than Married. (M-158 vs CL-188 days)
For 2012, CL was about 30 days quicker (M-209 vs CL-179 days)

Given 2013 is taking a bit longer then maybe you can set your expectations that CL will be a bit longer... but it's really just a guess.

On the one hand, CL might be seen to take longer because CIC has to make the extra determination of whether you're in a "marriage-like" relationship. On the other hand, that makes a lot of the determination easier simply because you're required to provide way more information to prove your relationship in the first place.

Originally Posted by phasee
Thanks very much for the replies. I was beginning to think getting things notarised would cost me hundreds of pounds! So as far as I can see the only thing that needs to be notarised is the 2 declarations from friends or family about the development and nature of our relationship?

Thanks again. Also, apologies if I'm asking things that have been covered in the past. I usually do a forum search before, just wanted to ask the questions quickly during my break.
No worries - I had the same questions! The declarations should be notarised - the checklist says that specifically. However some people have sent them unnotarised... your choice if you want to take the chance, though! it cost is £15 to have two notarisations done, though, so you aren't talking big money. I just called up a few solicitors, found one on Fleet Street that could do it. Not sure how much it is in Canada, but you're talking 10 minutes of work for a lawyer...
Old Oct 1st 2013, 7:50 pm
Just Joined

Kwon is an unknown quantity at this point

Wahoo! Just received confirmation of approval of sponsorship. I hope the rest of the process goes just as smooth.
Old Oct 1st 2013, 9:33 pm
Just Joined

raptors is an unknown quantity at this point

Wahoo! Just received confirmation of approval of sponsorship. I hope the rest of the process goes just as smooth.
Congrats. Did they tell you which office they are sending it to?
Old Oct 1st 2013, 9:43 pm
Concierge

They don't pick which office they send to, you specify when you apply which office you want it to go to.
Old Oct 1st 2013, 10:24 pm
Finding my Canadian Feet

AnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!!! Did they email you/post to you?

And per the spreadsheet you're right before me .... **fingers crossed*** ... <remembers to breathe>
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 12:40 am
Just Joined

Kwon is an unknown quantity at this point

They emailed my partner as she is the sponsor. They also emailed her with the confirmation of receipt today that was date Sept 19th.

And it's going to the London office as specified when I submitted the application.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.