Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Mar 19th 2012, 2:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

conjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by peng
Decision Made!! March 19th!!!

I check ECAS this morning and Decision Made.

Here is what ECAS said.

"We received your application for permanent residence on November 9, 2011.
We started processing your application on March 16, 2012.

[ Note there was no change on ECAS on Friday or over the weeekend ]
:
Medical results have been received.

[ Note: It said that when it first got to London in Janaury ]

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision".

Now i just have to stop the dog eating the letter when it arrives! and I will have COPR

So it was two months and a weekend in London until Decision made!

Common Shudda lets finish this together!
Congrats, that's awesome news!
Old Mar 19th 2012, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

shudda is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by peng
Decision Made!! March 19th!!!

I check ECAS this morning and Decision Made.

Here is what ECAS said.

"We received your application for permanent residence on November 9, 2011.
We started processing your application on March 16, 2012.

[ Note there was no change on ECAS on Friday or over the weeekend ]
:
Medical results have been received.

[ Note: It said that when it first got to London in Janaury ]

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision".

Now i just have to stop the dog eating the letter when it arrives! and I will have COPR

So it was two months and a weekend in London until Decision made!

Common Shudda lets finish this together!
US TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! US TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY!!!! So glad we stayed on the exact same timeline Lots of love!! Fingers crossed the mail man comes soon with definite good news
Old Mar 19th 2012, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

CanadianTash is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shudda

YAY!!!! So glad we stayed on the exact same timeline Lots of love!! Fingers crossed the mail man comes soon with definite good news
Yay!! So happy for you too shudda! More great news for us to get excited about.
Old Mar 19th 2012, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

123me is an unknown quantity at this point

That is awesome.....I knew you would hear soon. I am sure you are both super excited. I still remember that feeling!!!!!!!
Old Mar 19th 2012, 5:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

So Peng and Shudda today. Who is next?
Old Mar 19th 2012, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 123me
So Peng and Shudda today. Who is next?
Carrin, you should be next!
Old Mar 19th 2012, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

Screenwriter is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahhh, ok feel a bit stupid. We have got our application all together and we just want to pay now.

All I can see online is the option to pay for 'persons in canada'. How to we pay if we are doing outland?
Old Mar 19th 2012, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

CanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by 123me
Carrin, you should be next!
Is it me or is this real fast? A little over 4 months, right? Wow, i hope ours goes this fast, even though we'll be slowed down by the extra step of applying to the gov't of Quebec for a selection certificate. Seems like useless red tape to me.

Congrats to all of you, crossing my fingers for an easy approval for me too!
Old Mar 19th 2012, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

CanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Screenwriter
Ahhh, ok feel a bit stupid. We have got our application all together and we just want to pay now.

All I can see online is the option to pay for 'persons in canada'. How to we pay if we are doing outland?
Yes, i was a bit stumped by that too I can't remeber which we chose, but we made sure the amount was what we were supposed to pay. I figured with the receipt tracking number, they could figure out that we paid. Maybe someone else will have the right answer for you.
Old Mar 19th 2012, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

shudda is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Screenwriter

Hey! People always ask this question on the forum...

Its fine as that's the only option - just make sure you're paying a total of $1040
Old Mar 19th 2012, 6:32 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

YAY!!!!! Congrats!!!

Just saw on PinkLady's spreadsheet that the sponsor approval from the beginning of January has come through... waiting anxiously now... wow nerves really get the better of you! Today is day 54 of our application (but who's counting?) and hte website still says processing apps received 25 Jan, which is when ours arrived...!!!

I loathe the waiting game!!!
Old Mar 19th 2012, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

janham is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=peng;9952759]
Originally Posted by janham

I understand the worry- we will haev family when we arrrive who can look after him but moving the dog is our biggest worry about the move- people things are easy. I had spoken to Air Canada and they said as long as we were going in winter or summer- there definitions of time that is we can take him as excess baggage. They said airpets was there current agent. Someone else on here was using AirTransat and going the excess baggage route too- i spoke to Air Transat cargo and they said its better as baggae but otherwise you can bring the dog to the cargo terminal 4 hours before the flight- but i want sure who would look after them after that- at what point do the agents simply hand the dog over to AC cargo from your experiance? We wont need custome crates as he is only a medium dog and fits easily into a standard one.

Shudda and I are waiting slightly behind Carrin who just had a medicals lost- we should be in the next week or month if you know what i mean....
Hi Peng, sorry about being late coming back I'm trying to arrange my PR card and thought I'd have to flagpole to speed things up but I've got an appt at my local CIC office for next week now, so very quick thank goodness.

Ok yes the dogs need to be dropped off either by you or your agent 4 hours before to AC Cargo, our dogs were completely fine and from the expereince of picking them up at Halifax AC Cargo I saw the people there are they were great with them. You simply can't afford to worry as hard as it is at least they are coming with you and will be so delighted when they see you on the other end that hopefully all will be forgotten. I will say ours were a bit clingy after this and with a new home etc didn't sleep properly for a while but that is understandable.

The crate thing I keep going on about is a bit weird as if it is too big or too small, they will put the dog in one of their own I think! but my husand says you need to check as they may not let them fly if they don't like your crate and then don't have one available that they deem to be the correct size so it's a bit of a worry that one! I think they think they can be thrown around on the flight if it's too big, they take their collars off when they are flying and pin them to the crate for safety. If they think they can't stand up and turn around in the crate they will say it's too small too.

Best to ring up and double check it all.

Just had to amend this as when looking back saw you've got decision made CONGRATULATIONS !!! it means it is in the post already winging it's way to you in my experience x

Last edited by janham; Mar 19th 2012 at 7:48 pm.
Old Mar 19th 2012, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
YAY!!!!! Congrats!!!

Just saw on PinkLady's spreadsheet that the sponsor approval from the beginning of January has come through... waiting anxiously now... wow nerves really get the better of you! Today is day 54 of our application (but who's counting?) and hte website still says processing apps received 25 Jan, which is when ours arrived...!!!

I loathe the waiting game!!!
Still waiting for mine which was received 13th Jan. I rang them again today and the lady took every possible bit of information including the Canada post tracking number as they still dont have anything on file for me or my sponsor. She has initiated a search for it what ever that means. frustrating!! I know it was delivered 13th Jan and thats it.
Old Mar 19th 2012, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

Canadiali is an unknown quantity at this point

Huge congratulations to all who have recieved good news!! Too exciting Still not had sponsorship approval here, so called CIC again only to be told this time that the wait is 55 days from date of acknowledegement of reciept. Each person you speak to seems to have a different story.
Old Mar 19th 2012, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

Screenwriter is an unknown quantity at this point

What order did everyone follow for the checklists? The document checklist - sponsor and then document checklist immigrant do not match up.

Is it a case of just putting it together as best as possible?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.