Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Wikiposts

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Aug 11th 2012, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

richtee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Hi. Our application was received on the 16th of June so hopefully will hear in the next 30 days or so.

I've just read a thread where someone needs to provide proof of their education. We didn't. Is this required for the spousal route (I'm married to a Canadian and have applied outside Canada)?

Thanks
Old Aug 11th 2012, 9:08 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

No proof required for family class.
Old Aug 11th 2012, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

richtee is an unknown quantity at this point

Phew, thanks
Old Aug 11th 2012, 10:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond repute

I was wondering if there is anyone else on this thread that is applying outland and is actually separated (living in the UK) from their spouse? We have never joined my husband incase the visa's were not issused and we were worried about my daughters education as she would need a study permit and you can't get one if the guardian is on a visitors visa. Just curious if anyone else has been in this situation? if you did go to canada what avenues did you take?
Old Aug 12th 2012, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

Deficient has a spectacular aura aboutDeficient has a spectacular aura aboutDeficient has a spectacular aura about

My husband and I live apart. As far as I can tell from other people's stories/history, that's not necessarily a problem, but I can sort of imagine that it would give the visa officer cause to look a little closer at your relationship than they might if you've actually lived together.
Old Aug 12th 2012, 9:47 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Separated and live apart are a bit loaded with the concept that it is a permanent split. You need to put in "temporarily" to describe the situation.
Old Aug 12th 2012, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

carley_jackson will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by michty6
Finally today I'm actually on the board - I was able to check my online application status as I have a UCI from a previous (FSW) application:

"We received your application for permanent residence on May 11, 2012."

91 days to open it, not too bad
I was also able to check our status online today. "We received your application for permanent residence on May 3 2012." Horay! I think i'll sleep a little easier tonight.
Old Aug 12th 2012, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deficient
My husband and I live apart. As far as I can tell from other people's stories/history, that's not necessarily a problem, but I can sort of imagine that it would give the visa officer cause to look a little closer at your relationship than they might if you've actually lived together.
Yes I agree. It's also a little comforting to know that it isn't just us that are 'temporarily' living apart going through this. I was beginning to think from reading a lot of people's posts that we were doing it wrong by staying in the UK.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 3:44 am
BE Enthusiast

stuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottish_maple
Yes I agree. It's also a little comforting to know that it isn't just us that are 'temporarily' living apart going through this. I was beginning to think from reading a lot of people's posts that we were doing it wrong by staying in the UK.
The CIC website is also poorly organized in terms of choosing what track to follow (in-Canada or out of Canada).

I live and work here and am now married to a Canadian - but trying to get CIC to confirm that sending to LONDON was a quicker option, was like drawing blood.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 3:44 am
BE Enthusiast

stuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carley_jackson
I was also able to check our status online today. "We received your application for permanent residence on May 3 2012." Horay! I think i'll sleep a little easier tonight.
We're a day ahead of you looks like, whoever gets there last buys the beer
Old Aug 13th 2012, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

deltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond repute

My husband has received a letter asking for some further medical tests. We don't know what because they included a sealed envelope for the doctor.
He is very healthy and lasts year aced a through checkup that cost his company over 700.00£ it's part of his compensation package.
What could this mean?...

The good news is that they received our application on the 25 of June. So they are working on that batch of applications.

(also posted as a new thread in the general area.)
Old Aug 13th 2012, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

Deficient has a spectacular aura aboutDeficient has a spectacular aura aboutDeficient has a spectacular aura about

ARGH!

I've had another letter from London looking for another x ray from me. It has to be no less than 6 months after my original x ray, so at least that date has already passed now and I can just get it done. This'll be the third x ray they've had from me.

I was hopeful that perhaps I might have my COPR by my moving date (mid Sept) but I think this development puts paid to that.

I'm panicking a little now though as I was planning to either land in mid Sept, or to enter at that time as a visitor (dual intent) and then land via land border once approved. I gather CBSA will be able to see that I have a PR application in process, but I'm wondering if they will be able to see that I am not yet approved on the medical side of things, and whether would this give them cause to exclude me as a visitor. Do our experts here happen to know anything about this?

I see on this operation bulletin that medical inadmissibility is one of several reasons that temporary residence may be refused in dual intent situations, but what isn't clear is whether I am, right now, medically inadmissible or if I am simply not yet assessed as admissible, if that makes sense. There's nothing in my medical that states categorically that I have tuberculosis, but at the same time there's nothing that categorically rules it out.

Maybe I should make a thread about it?

Gosh, what a mess. I'll probably just have to put back my flights, which is kind of heartbreaking because I had a couple of events pretty soon after my date of arrival in Canada and to have to miss things is such a letdown for everyone involved.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by deltadeliquent
My husband has received a letter asking for some further medical tests. We don't know what because they included a sealed envelope for the doctor.
He is very healthy and lasts year aced a through checkup that cost his company over 700.00£ it's part of his compensation package.
What could this mean?...

The good news is that they received our application on the 25 of June. So they are working on that batch of applications.

(also posted as a new thread in the general area.)
Why hello! Welcome to my world.

Most commonly this seems to concern tuberculosis, or at least most cases of medical furtherance that I've read about online are for that reason.

Assuming your husband's case is the same thing...

Just know that it's not that they think your husband has TB, but rather he may be showing some sort of symptom that is associated with TB (as well as probably several other possible illnesses and non-illnesses) and they would just need to rule it out.

TB wouldn't mean he is denied, but it might mean he has to undergo treatment before being approved. I mean, he would probably have noticed if he was actively suffering from TB so he's surely fine. Inactive TB is a possibility though, and they would require monitoring for a while after landing as far as I'm aware.

But really it's all just hoop-jumping so don't panic.

Anyway, all of that assumes it's just TB they're worried about, but the letter could be due to some other illnesses. I rather suspect the DMP would have alerted you by now if syphilis or HIV were a possibility. I'm not sure what other infectious diseases they would be wanting to investigate.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 6:31 am
Forum Regular

deltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond repute

My husband is 55 so maybe they are just being very careful...
Or perhaps they heard him snoring last night and thought he has consumption!...
Old Aug 13th 2012, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by deltadeliquent
Oh, I also meant to say that receiving that medical letter doesn't necessarily entail that your application as a whole has been looked at.

I got my medical furtherance letter about a month after submitting my application but my application still spent another couple of months gathering dust before sponsor approval came through.

The medical gets looked at separately. The results of the medical stuff get matched up to the rest of the application later in the process, I think.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.