Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Apr 27th 2011, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

sconehead will become famous soon enoughsconehead will become famous soon enough
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Does anyone know who they return your passport with when your in Canada?

They have had my passport for over 5 weeks now and i have had no reply to emails i sent asking for tracking numbers.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

Josephliam is on a distinguished road

I don't know unfortunatly, but i wish that they would be quicker on this stage.

I should have just traveled back to England to drop it off as my TWP expires on the 6th of May and i don't want to quit my job for the sake of a week or two delay.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 6:26 pm
Just Joined

I did my research and its royal mail "signed for". This is not a priority service so anywhere up to 25 business days could be deemed normal.

The other thing i'm thinking is the return envelope you sent for return delivery. If it was incorrect size (Too Large) that could cause a delay.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 6:56 pm
New Scotland Girl

alexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nice

Originally Posted by sconehead
Does anyone know who they return your passport with when your in Canada?

They have had my passport for over 5 weeks now and i have had no reply to emails i sent asking for tracking numbers.
Same with me, Canada Post said they received my OH's passport on March 21st, and so far we have no responses to the emails I sent (from his email address) asking for the tracking number. I sent one email on April 11, another on April 18th and again today.

I just want it back so we can move forward with our lives! lol
Old Apr 27th 2011, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

sconehead will become famous soon enoughsconehead will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by alexisatk
Same with me, Canada Post said they received my OH's passport on March 21st, and so far we have no responses to the emails I sent (from his email address) asking for the tracking number. I sent one email on April 11, another on April 18th and again today.

I just want it back so we can move forward with our lives! lol
Can't be much longer. Im starting to lose the plot!

I still hoping on it coming this week.

Is your OH planning on driving down to Maine to activate his visa?
Old Apr 27th 2011, 7:19 pm
New Scotland Girl

alexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nice

Originally Posted by sconehead
Can't be much longer. Im starting to lose the plot!

I still hoping on it coming this week.

Is your OH planning on driving down to Maine to activate his visa?
We're not sure at the moment as we have a trip planned to Scotland in June and with the price of gas at the moment it's not a short or cheap trip.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

Are you guys emailing the same address that sent you the PPR, if so are you replying or new email with case number?
Old Apr 27th 2011, 7:33 pm
New Scotland Girl

Originally Posted by Josephliam
Are you guys emailing the same address that sent you the PPR, if so are you replying or new email with case number?
I'm replying to the email that was sent for PPR.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Caleo

I got my request the same day. Have you got a tracking number from London yet? What day did you send your passport and where from?

thanks
HI

i posted mine on the 7th and they were received by London on the 8th. I am in the UK - and sent a special delivery prepaid envelope with mine, so am hoping they use it - which would be next day delivery for the return. Not expecting anything for a few more weeks though. I think turnaround is usually 4 weeks - but we have all these holidays right now which don't help to speed things up! . Were yours sent from Hamilton?
Old Apr 27th 2011, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

Yeah i sent them from Hamilton on the 6th, i went straight to the post office.

Oh Caleo I have to admit that when i saw that i had a PPR request on the same day as you my heart sunk. I know how they like to keep you waiting so i thought maybe they would be throwing us to the bottom of the pile.

I really hope you get yours before mine since you been in the UK and all. Best of luck to you and i'll let you know if i get a reply for a tracking number.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Caleo I have to admit that when i saw that i had a PPR request on the same day as you my heart sunk. I know how they like to keep you waiting so i thought maybe they would be throwing us to the bottom of the pile.
fingers crossed i will beat you this time being closer to london
Old Apr 27th 2011, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

Oh for sure you will do. You already have a few days on me mine didn't arrive till monday morning on the 11th. I hope there quick for us both i'm ready to be done with this.

So where you moving to?
Old Apr 27th 2011, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

We are looking at London Ontario. Hubby is from NS originally. We were hoping to move this year, but eldest daughter said she wanted to finish year 11, which isn't too much to ask when we are uprooting her, so we have another year left. Gives us time to get the house sold without panicking now. We were going to come over in May, but could not book the tickets etc until passports back, so have put that off till October now.

We looked at hamilton / Burlington area as well - how long have you been there?
Old Apr 27th 2011, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

I'm being living in Hamilton for about a year before that Caledonia for 2 years which is south of Hamilton towards Port Dover.

I have worked in Burlington and its a great place however it is on the expensive side. Loads of British expats there, i worked in a Bank and bumped into a few people who were on this forum in fact.

I love this country and i couldn't see myself anywhere else... can't wait to go round the flagpole and call myself Canadian.... its been a long road.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 7:14 am
Just Joined

MrsRoss is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, hoping that someone who has recently got their PR from London can help. My application is in London at present. We got confirmation that my husband had been accepted as my sponsor in December. Online it states "decision made" on 26th February and that they'd get in touch with me to request my passport. It is almost May and we expected that if the application was processed in February, we would have heard by now. Is there anyone we can get in touch with incase anything has been lost in the mail/email?

Thanks in advance...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.