Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Nov 2nd 2010, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

flexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Yayy website updated for us.

Now shows London processing as of 28th Oct
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

johnandjenny is an unknown quantity at this point

so we got accpeted, but for some reason the application got forwarded to Buffalo. Unsure if this is the norm.

Anyways, does anyone have any idea of the processing time, I can't find it on the CIC website.

Thanks again people
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

flexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnandjenny
so we got accpeted, but for some reason the application got forwarded to Buffalo. Unsure if this is the norm.

Anyways, does anyone have any idea of the processing time, I can't find it on the CIC website.

Thanks again people
Checking the cic website, Family class: Spouses and partners shows buffalo as
4(30% of cases) , 6 (50% of cases) , 8 (70% of cases) , 10 Months (80% of cases).
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

johnandjenny is an unknown quantity at this point

really, as long as that, even though it went to Mississauga first of all. I was hoping it to go to London.
Question, you can't ask for it to be transferred to London at this point can you? After all that is what was requested when the application was sent.

Thanks
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by johnandjenny
really, as long as that, even though it went to Mississauga first of all. I was hoping it to go to London.
Question, you can't ask for it to be transferred to London at this point can you? After all that is what was requested when the application was sent.

Thanks
Not too sure. Are you currently in Canada living there? My wife is from Canada but I am from the UK and so our forms after Mississauga went to London as requested
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 6:22 pm
Account Closed

dtilley592 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by flexsingh
Not too sure. Are you currently in Canada living there? My wife is from Canada but I am from the UK and so our forms after Mississauga went to London as requested
I'm currently living in Canada with my Canadian wife, but requested that my application be processed in London. Mine was only received in Mississauga on October 19th so I haven't heard anything yet, but I was under the impression and the forms seem to state that you have the right for you application to be processed in your country of nationality, and as I remember on the sponsor form there is a tick box, that you state this. So I'm not sure why yours would have gone to Buffalo? I've heard of applications going to Buffalo if you go the inland route, but not the outland.

Also noticed today that the CIC website is now only showing the processing times for 80% of cases at 9 months for London... interesting!!! Really hope this doesn't mean that they are going to be slowing down

Last edited by dtilley592; Nov 3rd 2010 at 6:48 pm.
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dtilley592
I'm currently living in Canada with my Canadian wife, but requested that my application be processed in London. Mine was only received in Mississauga on October 19th so I haven't heard anything yet, but I was under the impression and the forms seem to state that you have the right for you application to be processed in your country of nationality, and as I remember on the sponsor form there is a tick box, that you state this. So I'm not sure why yours would have gone to Buffalo? I've heard of applications going to Buffalo if you go the inland route, but not the outland.

Also noticed today that the CIC website is now only showing the processing times for 80% of cases at 9 months for London... interesting!!! Really hope this doesn't mean that they are going to be slowing down
They have just updated the site as I was on it a few times today checking various things and it was in a difference format showing the break down of applications by months and percentages. Now it just shows that 80% are done in 9months.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

londonottawa is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a note to whoever is thinking of delivering their passports by hand when they get their PPR, Yesterday I went and it was a straightforward process, queue up outside and just before 2 a security guard spits the two queues into 'Collecting' and 'dropping off'. The people who are collecting are led in first and then when thats completed the drop offs queue up inside. The whole process took about 10 mins.

Just a quick question while im on here. When Landing in Canada and showing proof of funds, does that have to be in canadian dollars? or will the GBPounds in a UK bank statement be ok?

Thanks

Niz
Old Nov 5th 2010, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

blue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to all

Originally Posted by londonottawa
Just a note to whoever is thinking of delivering their passports by hand when they get their PPR, Yesterday I went and it was a straightforward process, queue up outside and just before 2 a security guard spits the two queues into 'Collecting' and 'dropping off'. The people who are collecting are led in first and then when thats completed the drop offs queue up inside. The whole process took about 10 mins.

Just a quick question while im on here. When Landing in Canada and showing proof of funds, does that have to be in canadian dollars? or will the GBPounds in a UK bank statement be ok?

Thanks

Niz
You don't need proof of funds for spousal sponsorship.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

suze_h will become famous soon enoughsuze_h will become famous soon enough

An ECAS update for me this morning - London started processing my application on 5th November (and shows that medical results have been received)

Suze
Old Nov 9th 2010, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suze_h
An ECAS update for me this morning - London started processing my application on 5th November (and shows that medical results have been received)

Suze
Excellent - hopefully won't take too long for you now!
Old Nov 9th 2010, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

Thanks caleo, keeping my fingers crossed - just hoping they don't request further information. Still thinking it might take a while though as I've lived in Canada - we shall see!

You should be getting sponsorship approval fairly soon I would imagine!! Good luck!
Old Nov 9th 2010, 10:56 am
J2J
Forum Regular

J2J is on a distinguished road

Great News Suze! Wouldn't that make a nice Christmas present for the two of you!
Old Nov 9th 2010, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

That's exactly what I started thinking this morning.....but then I read somewhere that it takes 80 days for them to get Canadian police checks done for those who have lived in Canada - praying that's not accurate!!! All we can do is wait
Old Nov 9th 2010, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

Mdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really nice

Hi, just adding in my timeline signature to the conversation.
Looks like its taking a month to process the initial paperwork to approve the sponsor. Hopefully we hear something this week then

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.