Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Old Sep 10th 2009, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by markan
Applied Sydney NS Federal Skilled Worker July 8th 09, received confirmation Sept 9th 09, 2 months.Send it all off to London in next few days.
Mark
Good luck, Mark.

Thanks for sharing your timeline.

Cheers

Martin
Old Sep 10th 2009, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

Glam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really nice

Originally Posted by Martin99
Saw the photos of your final FSW application pack. Mine was so big that I had trouble fitting it into the dropbox at the CHC in London!

Cheers
Quite concerned about people going on about the size of their 'package'

I'm starting to put mine together at the moment and feel i'm missing something.

Gav
Old Sep 11th 2009, 2:01 am
Just Joined

Kev_Fran is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Martin99
I would be grateful to hear of others' actual experience of the timeline between making an application to the CIO in Sydney, NS and receiving the email acknowledgement. I have followed previous posts and the Trackitt information but there does not yet appear to be much precedent information to assess the efficiency of the new system.

My own FSW application pack was received by the CIO on 17 June, 2009. As yet, I have heard nothing. It would be good to hear how other people are doing with applications submitted in say May and June this year.

Cheers

Martin

Hi Martin
My Partner and I sent the docs off on May 28th and only got a responce today after our immigration representative chased them up.

Hope you get a responce soon

Frances
Old Sep 11th 2009, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Glam
Quite concerned about people going on about the size of their 'package'

I'm starting to put mine together at the moment and feel i'm missing something.

Gav
Gav

I was beginning to wonder what you were going to say when I read the opening words of your message!!

Mine was just a lot of copies etc (certificates, police reports and employer letters) which all seemed to add up. My guess is that it weighed a kilo or so!

Good luck
Old Sep 11th 2009, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kev_Fran
Hi Martin
My Partner and I sent the docs off on May 28th and only got a responce today after our immigration representative chased them up.

Hope you get a responce soon

Frances
Thanks, Frances. That was a long time.

As you can see from my signature, I have now heard from the CIO in NS. It took a little less time than yours for some reason.

Are you ready to submit the full package to CHC London?

Cheers
Old Sep 15th 2009, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Just an update. My status at CHC has now been altered to say that CIO have sent 120 day letter. Think your status takes about a month to update
Old Sep 16th 2009, 8:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by burton bunch
Just an update. My status at CHC has now been altered to say that CIO have sent 120 day letter. Think your status takes about a month to update
Thanks. Mine says the same thing on ECAS.

I will be interested to see if you receive an AOR for your full package as some of us appear not to have done so. I check ECAS every week to see if the status changes to acknowledge receipt of the full application at CHC London.

Cheers
Old Sep 16th 2009, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

Brunti is an unknown quantity at this point

Should we be worried? Our application was sent to Sydney by tracked post and signed for on 22 July. Nothing heard back from yet which is not surprising however it doesn't appear that they have cashed the draft? It seems to be the experience of most that the drafts are cashed fairly quickly even though the acknowledgement isn't sent for several weeks/months later.

What's the best way to contact Sydney, ie, email, phone etc?

Many thanks.
Old Sep 17th 2009, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

spaa will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Brunti
Should we be worried? Our application was sent to Sydney by tracked post and signed for on 22 July. Nothing heard back from yet which is not surprising however it doesn't appear that they have cashed the draft? It seems to be the experience of most that the drafts are cashed fairly quickly even though the acknowledgement isn't sent for several weeks/months later.

Many thanks.
Normally CIC send draft in bunch, instead of sending individually....so don't worry sometime it take month for CIC to encash draft....still email for detail or order CAIPS.
Old Sep 17th 2009, 6:01 am
lpn
Just Joined

lpn is an unknown quantity at this point

hi guys, its really sad and frustrating, my application (FSW CAT 2) was sent on the 1st week of june, DD was encashed - july 31st... and now no reply yet from CIO... pls I need some info, comfort and advice.... thanks

Last edited by lpn; Sep 17th 2009 at 6:04 am.
Old Sep 17th 2009, 7:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Poppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I think we are one of the lucky ones - our application was sent shortly after the new system was implemented and consequently was dealt with very quickly. Things seem to have slowed down as more and more applications are sent to Sydney. I'm sure you'll hear soon.

Goodluck

Poppit
Old Sep 17th 2009, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Brunti

Many thanks.
I would not be concerned just yet. They took ages to cash my draft, too!

Cheers

Martin
Old Sep 17th 2009, 5:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lpn
hi guys, its really sad and frustrating, my application (FSW CAT 2) was sent on the 1st week of june, DD was encashed - july 31st... and now no reply yet from CIO... pls I need some info, comfort and advice.... thanks
Everything appears to be slowing down at the moment. I wonder how much is the combination of increasing applications and the effect of summer vacations? It is encouraging that they cashed your draft. I would give it a few more weeks before worrying.

Cheers
Old Sep 18th 2009, 5:49 pm
lpn
Just Joined

lpn is an unknown quantity at this point

Just received the 120 days letter today! on my own observation this thread is a "lucky thread" good luck to our applications.... thanks martin99..
Old Sep 18th 2009, 7:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by lpn
Just received the 120 days letter today! on my own observation this thread is a "lucky thread" good luck to our applications.... thanks martin99..
Hi Ipn
Glad to hear your positive news , all the best .
Regards
Joinerboy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.