Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Old Sep 18th 2009, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

Pudseytwo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

We sent our FSW application on the 18th June,09 by Airsure and it was signed for on the 26th June,09.

Received an e-mail from Sydney, Canada on the 24th August, 09 quite by accident as it was lurking in my spam filter and I was expecting a letter so it was a bit of a shock.

I presume it was my 120 day letter (not up to date as yet with all the jargon) it requested that we send the same form and details to London.

Sent that asap on the 26th Aug, 09 and it was signed for on the 27th August.

Not heard anything since but

Just have to get some additional details together to send to them. (Our fault, we remembered something later on).

Good luck to all you guys
Old Sep 18th 2009, 10:49 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Martin99
Hi Purple80
Can you please let me know when you receive any acknowledgment of your application from CHC London as I am only a few days behind you?

Thanks

Martin
Hi Martin,
AOR arrived today, dated 9/9/09............Now got to wait for medical requests, which could be months and months away.

Hope yours arrives soon!

Charlie
Old Sep 19th 2009, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lpn
Just received the 120 days letter today! on my own observation this thread is a "lucky thread" good luck to our applications.... thanks martin99..
Congratulations! Glad to hear it is a "lucky thread". Long may it continue!!!

Cheers
Old Sep 19th 2009, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by purple80
Hi Martin,
AOR arrived today, dated 9/9/09............Now got to wait for medical requests, which could be months and months away.

Hope yours arrives soon!

Charlie
Thanks, Charlie. That is very good news as you now know you are being processed. I hope it goes well for you.

Will let you know when I receive my AOR. Was yours a letter or email, by the way?

Cheers
Old Sep 19th 2009, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pudseytwo
We sent our FSW application on the 18th June,09 by Airsure and it was signed for on the 26th June,09.

Received an e-mail from Sydney, Canada on the 24th August, 09 quite by accident as it was lurking in my spam filter and I was expecting a letter so it was a bit of a shock.

I presume it was my 120 day letter (not up to date as yet with all the jargon) it requested that we send the same form and details to London.

Sent that asap on the 26th Aug, 09 and it was signed for on the 27th August.

Not heard anything since but

Just have to get some additional details together to send to them. (Our fault, we remembered something later on).

Good luck to all you guys
Yes, the email was your 120 day letter!

At the moment, the AOR timeline appears to be approximately six to eight weeks from receipt of the pack by CHC London.

Cheers
Old Sep 19th 2009, 2:05 pm

Thanks, Charlie. That is very good news as you now know you are being processed. I hope it goes well for you.

Will let you know when I receive my AOR. Was yours a letter or email, by the way?

Cheers
Hi Martin,
It was a letter, computer generated the only thing that was original was the date and the sticker with our new file number.

Two important things that it states are:

a) Before your application can be placed in processing, a further determination will be made as to whether or not your are eligible. If your application is not eligible for processing, you will receive a letter informing you of the reason for the decision as well as a refund.

b) Processing time:
Applications for permanent residence in Canada in your category require, on average, 12 months to process at this office. If you have not received any instructions from us within 8 months of the date of this letter, please contact this office.

So not actually being processed yet, hopefully at some point in the future we will get med requests and see on ECAS that we are being processed.

Charlie
Old Sep 20th 2009, 3:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Martin,
It was a letter, computer generated the only thing that was original was the date and the sticker with our new file number.

Two important things that it states are:

a) Before your application can be placed in processing, a further determination will be made as to whether or not your are eligible. If your application is not eligible for processing, you will receive a letter informing you of the reason for the decision as well as a refund.

b) Processing time:
Applications for permanent residence in Canada in your category require, on average, 12 months to process at this office. If you have not received any instructions from us within 8 months of the date of this letter, please contact this office.

So not actually being processed yet, hopefully at some point in the future we will get med requests and see on ECAS that we are being processed.

Charlie
Thanks, Charlie.

It is helpful to know that I am looking out for a letter rather than an email.

I do not know what your preferred timescale is but my wife and I will be happy to know that we are actually being processed. We are quite relaxed about the timing from that point on as we are in no hurry.

Keep in touch.

Cheers
Old Sep 20th 2009, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Walsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant future

b) Processing time:
Applications for permanent residence in Canada in your category require, on average, 12 months to process at this office. If you have not received any instructions from us within 8 months of the date of this letter, please contact this office.[/B]

Charlie[/COLOR]
Charlie,

Our letter was exactly the same as yours, including the above paragraphs, it arrived in April and we got called for meds in July.

Fingers crossed for all of you.. Moira.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

Gaz67 will become famous soon enoughGaz67 will become famous soon enough

Having received our 120 day letter on the 7th Augs , we are in the process of collecting together the various bits n pieces needed to submit to London.

A delay in the mail of late as left us waiting for the police check and our new born babies passport, a replacement intermediate food hygiene certificate, plus my old workplace being not in a rush to send me my CV and Contract out grrrrr , should I be too worried in getting these items together ?or is it a case of the process would take 120 days anyway?

I should receive all I need this week but am worried its taken over 6 weeks for us to gather our extra information

Cheers All for your helpful advice in this forum
Gaz
Old Sep 21st 2009, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gaz67
Having received our 120 day letter on the 7th Augs , we are in the process of collecting together the various bits n pieces needed to submit to London.

A delay in the mail of late as left us waiting for the police check and our new born babies passport, a replacement intermediate food hygiene certificate, plus my old workplace being not in a rush to send me my CV and Contract out grrrrr , should I be too worried in getting these items together ?or is it a case of the process would take 120 days anyway?

I should receive all I need this week but am worried its taken over 6 weeks for us to gather our extra information

Cheers All for your helpful advice in this forum
Gaz

Gaz

It sounds as though you are going to be in good shape with plenty of time.

Cheers
Old Sep 21st 2009, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

Gaz67 will become famous soon enoughGaz67 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by joinerboy
Hi Gaz
I would say you timeline fine , much better to take the making sure your supporting pack is complete & contains all CHC request.
All the best.
Regards
Joinerboy
Thanx guys you made me feel better, i didnt wanna rush it and miss something out. Also my ex work are being a tad slow in sending my bits out to me which is a pain in the a**

im just in the same boat as everyone else who has applied and wants to wake up one morning and just be there and everything done...
Now working on a list of everything we need to sell as we are not taking much with us when we go, mainly clothes and personal possessions
also sending my CV to companies i would like to work for get my name in the frame

Gaz
Old Sep 21st 2009, 12:19 pm

Thanks, Charlie.

It is helpful to know that I am looking out for a letter rather than an email.

I do not know what your preferred timescale is but my wife and I will be happy to know that we are actually being processed. We are quite relaxed about the timing from that point on as we are in no hurry.

Keep in touch.

Cheers

Hi,
Preferred time line would be to have PR tomorrow, but seeing as that is not going to happen, the next best option would be prior to the end of March 2010, but I doubt that will happen either.

Which means that we will have to renew OH LMO which is a bit of a pain.
So now having completed PR paperwork I will have to start on the LMO and WP renewal (I will have to do the prep work and then pass the details on to OH HR Manager........

Charlie

Originally Posted by Walsh Clan
Charlie,

Our letter was exactly the same as yours, including the above paragraphs, it arrived in April and we got called for meds in July.

Fingers crossed for all of you.. Moira.
Thanks for that Moira. That is what I was hoping.
Charlie
Old Sep 21st 2009, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=purple80;7950396]
Hi,
Preferred time line would be to have PR tomorrow, but seeing as that is not going to happen, the next best option would be prior to the end of March 2010, but I doubt that will happen either.

So now having completed PR paperwork I will have to start on the LMO and WP renewal (I will have to do the prep work and then pass the details on to OH HR Manager........

Charlie

Of course. I had forgotten that you are already over there whereas we are still in the UK. It must be a pain having to start yet more paperwork.

Cheers
Old Sep 21st 2009, 7:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Martin99;7950480]

Hi,

Charlie

Of course. I had forgotten that you are already over there whereas we are still in the UK. It must be a pain having to start yet more paperwork.

Cheers
We also might end up in the same position
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by burton bunch
We also might end up in the same position
When does your OH LMO expire Gaynor?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.