Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Old Jan 24th 2010, 1:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by Glam
We're due out to Canada on a reccie at the end March so would be great to have them by then.
I think there is a good chance you will have the visas by then!
Old Jan 24th 2010, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

joepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Medicals already . . .

Originally Posted by Martin99
Good news!

Was it a combined medical and passport request letter or solely a medical one?

Cheers

Martin
Just the medicals; 6 x IMM 1017 (05-1998) E forms with our photos on.

I phoned up to book with our nearest Medical Practitioner (The Orchard Medical Centre, Bristol) and was told the earliest availability was 25 March. I explained that our youngest daughter has Asperger's and we are expecting an 'excessive demand assessment' delay so we'd have to go elsewhere for a quicker appointment. The nice lady on reception rang us back 10 mins later and said she'd spoken to the Dr and she was prepared put on an extra clinic for us next Tuesday (26th Jan).

So, next Tuesday it is, all booked and ready to to spend another £1,220
Old Jan 24th 2010, 3:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Medicals already . . .

Originally Posted by joepublic
Just the medicals; 6 x IMM 1017 (05-1998) E forms with our photos on.

I phoned up to book with our nearest Medical Practitioner (The Orchard Medical Centre, Bristol) and was told the earliest availability was 25 March. I explained that our youngest daughter has Asperger's and we are expecting an 'excessive demand assessment' delay so we'd have to go elsewhere for a quicker appointment. The nice lady on reception rang us back 10 mins later and said she'd spoken to the Dr and she was prepared put on an extra clinic for us next Tuesday (26th Jan).

So, next Tuesday it is, all booked and ready to to spend another £1,220
I hope it goes well.

Cheers

Martin
Old Jan 24th 2010, 4:52 am
Forum Regular

Binty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really nice

Originally Posted by burton bunch
I sent mine to London Sept 1st and AOR came Nov 5 then 2 weeks later meds request so I would give it a couple of weeks longer
Hi BB,

looking at my time line and taking into consideration that our consultants are in QC, do you think I should be concerned that we haven't recieved our AOR yet?

Binty
Old Jan 24th 2010, 5:59 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

When you get your PPR do you have to send more photos ?

Originally Posted by Binty
Hi BB,

looking at my time line and taking into consideration that our consultants are in QC, do you think I should be concerned that we haven't recieved our AOR yet?

Binty
Binty

You could always drop them an email and ask but bear in mind that the requests will go through your lawyer then to you so there could be a slight delay
Old Jan 24th 2010, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

Binty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really nice

Thank you BB,

Just looking at some of the other timelines I began to wonder. Hopefully i'll hear something this week.

Binty
Old Jan 24th 2010, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Glam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really nice

I think there is a good chance you will have the visas by then!
Wow, that'd be amazing!!!
Old Jan 24th 2010, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

StopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Glam
Superb, A.O.R. received today!!!. Now the real waiting starts!!

Gav.
Awesome! It looks like im about 10 days behind you so hopefully my AOR etc should come through soon too

fingers crossed!!
Old Jan 24th 2010, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

fridgedesign is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone.

I was just wondering what date people applied on who are getting email/lettered replies back from Sydney?

I sent my application for a FSW on November 20 2009 and haven't heard anything yet.....
Old Jan 24th 2010, 2:05 pm

lancashirebird is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fridgedesign
Hi everyone.

I was just wondering what date people applied on who are getting email/lettered replies back from Sydney?

I sent my application for a FSW on November 20 2009 and haven't heard anything yet.....
i sent mine 9th november, so don't worry
Old Jan 24th 2010, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks... Anyone else?
Old Jan 24th 2010, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

dasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond repute

I have some news.

CIO Sydney received my application on 20 of November, this application was returned and I got it back today 25 of January. The reason was, as I suspected, that I didn't fill the box "other countries with residence status" as I had to write N/A. The letter was dated 15 of January.

The good news is that I realised about this mistake and resend another application 3 days after sending the first one. Sydney got it on 23 of November. I will see how things will go and let you know.

Cheers

Daniel

Last edited by dasalcedo; Jan 24th 2010 at 5:26 pm.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dasalcedo
I have some news.

CIO Sydney received my application on 20 of November, this application was returned and I got it back today 25 of January. The reason was, as I suspected, that I didn't fill the box "other countries with residence status" as I had to write N/A. The letter was dated 15 of January.

The good news is that I realised about this mistake and resend another application 3 days after sending the first one. Sydney got it on 23 of November. I will see how things will go and let you know.

Cheers

Daniel
Most people have made that mistake. I wish I had a pound for each one of them!

Cheers

Martin
Old Jan 24th 2010, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

Where is 'other countries with residence status'???

On what form???
Old Jan 24th 2010, 10:58 pm
Just Joined

shishinfo is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone suggest me how much it costs for medical check up for a family of three (main applicant, spouse and my 5 yr old son)

I would be grateful to hear of others' actual experience of the timeline between making an application to the CIO in Sydney, NS and receiving the email acknowledgement. I have followed previous posts and the Trackitt information but there does not yet appear to be much precedent information to assess the efficiency of the new system.

My own FSW application pack was received by the CIO on 17 June, 2009. As yet, I have heard nothing. It would be good to hear how other people are doing with applications submitted in say May and June this year.

Cheers

Martin

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.