Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Old Aug 16th 2009, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

Flyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really nice
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by shishinfo
I sent my application by Parcel Force to CIO, Sydney, Nova Scotia on 16th June. I tracked on the Parcel Force website and discovered that they received it on 22nd June. This is 9th August - 6 weeks have already elapsed since they received it, still no 'acknowledgement' from their side. I will wait till the end of 8th week and if I do not hear till then, I will call them up!
It took 4 months for us to get a response from Sydney!
Old Aug 18th 2009, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

Des and Chris is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shishinfo
I sent my application by Parcel Force to CIO, Sydney, Nova Scotia on 16th June. I tracked on the Parcel Force website and discovered that they received it on 22nd June. This is 9th August - 6 weeks have already elapsed since they received it, still no 'acknowledgement' from their side. I will wait till the end of 8th week and if I do not hear till then, I will call them up!
We sent ours same day......not heard anything yet, although we do know our draft was cashed first week in august, although that does not mean anything I guess!

Last edited by Des and Chris; Aug 18th 2009 at 11:00 am. Reason: spelling error
Old Aug 18th 2009, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Des and Chris
We sent ours same day......not heard anything yet, although we do know our draft was cashed first week in august, although that does not mean anything I guess!
My guess is that you will hear in the next week, given my timeline. I am dropping my complete package of documents off at the CHC tomorrow.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 5:26 am
Forum Regular

zippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant future

Just a quick update for those of you who have been following this post. My OH was offered a job today , having successfully passed two interviews. Of course whilst this is fantastic news, it's only half the battle!!! Now need to get positive LMO!!!!!!!!

Still not heard anything from CIO, been 11 weeks now.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by zippadydoda
Just a quick update for those of you who have been following this post. My OH was offered a job today , having successfully passed two interviews. Of course whilst this is fantastic news, it's only half the battle!!! Now need to get positive LMO!!!!!!!!

Still not heard anything from CIO, been 11 weeks now.
Congratulations!
Old Aug 21st 2009, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

kateodonnell is an unknown quantity at this point

hello, we have just received our email confirmation a week ago, we send forms to Sydney 28th May. Dont forget to take copies of your forms, you will have to submit them all again when the email comes through to submit app to London.

Kate x
Old Aug 21st 2009, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kateodonnell
hello, we have just received our email confirmation a week ago, we send forms to Sydney 28th May. Dont forget to take copies of your forms, you will have to submit them all again when the email comes through to submit app to London.

Kate x
Hi Kate

When do you aim to send the complete pack to the CHC?

Cheers

Martin
Old Aug 21st 2009, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Martin99
Hi Kate

When do you aim to send the complete pack to the CHC?

Cheers

Martin
Mine is going this weekend.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

samjr400 is an unknown quantity at this point

feelin a bit frustrated with this immigration malarky! received a verbal confirmation from Sydney that our application was approved, was told written confirmation would follow, and that they had found our lost forms -still not got the written confirmation and have now only been waiting since Feb - aaarrggghhhhh.

Feeling left behind as we see lots of application after ours was sumbitted but positive outcome
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 12:33 am

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by burton bunch

Well done Gaynor!

Originally Posted by samjr400
feelin a bit frustrated with this immigration malarky! received a verbal confirmation from Sydney that our application was approved, was told written confirmation would follow, and that they had found our lost forms -still not got the written confirmation and have now only been waiting since Feb - aaarrggghhhhh.

Feeling left behind as we see lots of application after ours was sumbitted but positive outcome
Hope things improve for you, it all seems like really hard work at times.............
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by burton bunch
Get them filed before the autumn rush!

Good luck. Keep us posted with your progress.

Martin
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by samjr400

If you have proof that they have cashed your payment, is it worth sending them another copy of the paperwork with a covering letter? You have probably thought of this already.
Old Aug 24th 2009, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

Glam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really nice

Originally Posted by Martin99
Just found out that they cashed my draft on 16 July. At least that means they are not sending it back!
Got my 120 day email today....not bad under 2 months from receipt of application.

Better get my finger out now !!!

By the looks of the letter they're looking for the same info that was sent in the original application + photo's

Can anyone shed some light on this

Gav.
Old Aug 24th 2009, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Glam
Got my 120 day email today....not bad under 2 months from receipt of application.

Better get my finger out now !!!

By the looks of the letter they're looking for the same info that was sent in the original application + photo's

Can anyone shed some light on this

Gav.
Hi Gav

Yep you are right - they want the same forms which you originally sent in.
Old Aug 25th 2009, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

kateodonnell is an unknown quantity at this point

Forms given to London on the 11th by Hand, returned on Saturday , with a query over the fee we paid so off again today!!! DO they not know how to send emails to ask questions, why do they feel the need to return every flipping bit of paper !! its so frustrating ....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.