British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

Martin99 Jun 18th 2010 10:59 am

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by AmyDavid (Post 8640727)
Have they? I haven't noticed!

You know very well the threads I have in mind and the adverse comments you have elicited.

I have no interest in holding any further running commentary on your approach. I suggest you move on to share your "pearls of wisdom" with other threads. You are wasted on here.

AmyDavid Jun 18th 2010 11:02 am

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8640744)
You know very well the threads I have in mind and the adverse comments you have elicited.

I have no interest in holding any further running commentary on your approach. I suggest you move on to share your "pearls of wisdom" with other threads. You are wasted on here.

I really, truly do not know what you are talking about!

I am gone :0)

Ahh I know - the waiting on the medical one...lol

christmasoompa Jun 18th 2010 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8640726)
It is revealing that others have taken issue with your approach in other threads. I think you need to ask yourself some questions.

Martin, you may not agree with what AmyDavid said, but please remember that everybody will have differing opinions on BE.

AmyDavid does this for a living every day and has experience of hundreds of timelines through her job, and we are lucky that she shares that on the forum. I'm sure that the person she was answering was well aware that it was only her opinion, she did say 'should' rather than stating it as a definite date.

Can you both agree to disagree please? Ta muchly.

AmyDavid Jun 18th 2010 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 8640905)

Yes boss....;)

Martin99 Jun 18th 2010 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 8640905)
Martin, you may not agree with what AmyDavid said, but please remember that everybody will have differing opinions on BE.

AmyDavid does this for a living every day and has experience of hundreds of timelines through her job, and we are lucky that she shares that on the forum. I'm sure that the person she was answering was well aware that it was only her opinion, she did say 'should' rather than stating it as a definite date.

Sounds right to me!

Silverdragon102 Jun 18th 2010 2:34 pm

update for us

Sent fax 3 weeks ago with cc info that was required and not heard anything. First application sent back Jan and that was what the cc enquiry was on and second application sent 21st April and indicated in fax that we had sent a second application. Which we could know one way or another only I can't access to see if cc has been billed as I am a secondary account holder and although I do all the banking I don't have access to check and too much messing about sorting dh out just for this. So hanging on waiting for statement to come through. no emails yet

amrskipro Jun 18th 2010 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102 (Post 8641118)
update for us

Sent fax 3 weeks ago with cc info that was required and not heard anything. First application sent back Jan and that was what the cc enquiry was on and second application sent 21st April and indicated in fax that we had sent a second application. Which we could know one way or another only I can't access to see if cc has been billed as I am a secondary account holder and although I do all the banking I don't have access to check and too much messing about sorting dh out just for this. So hanging on waiting for statement to come through. no emails yet

Although this does not help you now I will re-post for the benefits of others:

There is a very high level of UK credit card fraud in Canada. Consequently security/ fruad detection settings with most UK banks are set reasonably tight for transactions in Canada, especially if it is a manual entry (ie card not present) and at a strange time. Even more so if it is outside your usual spending pattern (we are slightly different as we live in Canada/ North America most of the time), I am guessing that most people who are still in the UK and trying to emigrate to Canada do not have a Canada/ USA spending pattern (unless they are online shopping junkies).

If you do insist on using your credit card, contact your bank and warn them that a transaction for C$ X amount will be applied to your card by the Canadian Government (I do not know what it shows as - some one else may be able to help out here) sometime within the next month and that you want it to be approved. Even if the C$X is well within your limit they will stop the payment if the security protocol flags it up.

Even better, stop trying to save £20 and go and get a certified bank draft for the right amount C$ and send it in your tracked/ recorded delivery submission.

For everyone who has 'lost' three months/ sleep/ hair though a returned or delayed application because they tried to save £20 I bet they would prefer they had spent the £20 instead, the same goes for anyone foolish enough to not use recorded post (I bet those people were all chuffed that they thought they were saving £12 or what ever the post difference was).

Most cases I have read about on this forum result as a lack of people paying attention to basic detail. Applying is expensive, but in the overall context of almost C$1000 per adult, spending another £20 on a bank draft and £20 on recorded delivery is a drop in the ocean, but it appears that it is a drop that people frequently try and avoid and it is the one that delays people's applications very frequently.

Remember that you are dealing with a government department here, make it as easy as possible for Canadian Immigration to do their job and your application is probably going to proceed as smoothly as possible.

Good luck and peaceful administrative sailing for all those applying.

Gaz67 Jun 18th 2010 7:58 pm

Hi Martin & Gang , hope everyones doin well and having speedy processes still !!
Just had a phonecall from my Uncle our Passports have just returned from CHC London...

The turn around was 5 and a 1/2 weeks from sending them from Kamloops registered (fedex) to receiving them back (canadian snail registered) :rofl:

So just off to pick em up been dying to see them :ohmy:

Cheers for the help along the way and i will still be in n out of the forum :eek:

Gaz

LinsyPinsy Jun 18th 2010 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by Gaz67 (Post 8641678)
Hi Martin & Gang , hope everyones doin well and having speedy processes still !!
Just had a phonecall from my Uncle our Passports have just returned from CHC London...

The turn around was 5 and a 1/2 weeks from sending them from Kamloops registered (fedex) to receiving them back (canadian snail registered) :rofl:

Cheers for the help along the way and i will still be in n out of the forum :eek:

Gaz

Great news Gaz!!!!

kat-b Jun 18th 2010 9:16 pm

Yeah you are right about the cc and recorded mail as it's just more of a stress in the end (although I did warn my bank that the funds would come out.) It wasn't actually the financial aspect - it was just quicker and easier to send cc info and go into the post office but then again the time i've spent thinking about it........ :-)

Martin99 Jun 19th 2010 1:03 pm

Gaz

Hi Gaz

Great to hear about the passports. Any more news on where you are likely to settle yet?

Cheers

Martin

daisychain Jun 19th 2010 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by GERA (Post 8638644)
Still says "Recieved by Visa office" since early March

Hi,

Ours said received by visa office last april and didn't show in process until july last year, so don't give up hope, you may just have a slow one like us!! We waited 6 months from meds to passport requests but got there in the end, now just waiting for passports to be returned been 4 weeks now and we are off on holiday shortly :eek:

Good luck, don't give up!

daisychain Jun 19th 2010 1:50 pm

Gaz

Excellent new that they are bck, ours have been 4 weeks so hopefully they will be back soon :fingerscrossed:

Good luck

kat-b Jun 19th 2010 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by kamshaft (Post 8557260)
Good luck m8,

i sent mine in mid feb and havnt heard anyting yet, so your in for a long and painfull wait lol

Kamshaft

Just wondering ......did you hear anything yet?

kat

tracys Jun 20th 2010 1:15 pm

Anyone have a rough idea how long till AOR once docs have arrived in London. Is it a case of how long is a piece of string?;) Been over six weeks since my application was delivered.

Any advice appreciated,

Tracy

rubberduckofdeath Jun 21st 2010 11:10 am

Hi guys, in case any of you are interested, this is what showed on my credit card bill from NS:

"PLAY GIRLS, $29.99"

No, wait, sorry, wrong bill:

"IMMIGRATION CANADA FSW SYDNEY CA £729.69"

Obviously if you're on a different visa type, the message will be different..

Hope that helps.

kat-b Jun 21st 2010 11:39 am

Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath (Post 8646238)
Hi guys, in case any of you are interested, this is what showed on my credit card bill from NS:

"PLAY GIRLS, $29.99"

Hope that helps.

:-) Congratulations! At least the long process has started. I sent mine on 13 April sooooo hopefully they will charge my card soon! Its the first time I've been excited about someone taking money!

LinsyPinsy Jun 21st 2010 6:10 pm

"PLAY GIRLS, $29.99"

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

That made me laugh out loud...thanx

lins

amrskipro Jun 21st 2010 6:25 pm

"PLAY GIRLS, $29.99"

Very funny - gave me a great morning laugh! :rofl:

rubberduckofdeath Jun 21st 2010 7:05 pm

Happy to help :lol:

Can I have PR now? :lol:

parsj3 Jun 21st 2010 8:29 pm

aor arrived from london today!!

another step up the ladder!!

Funky Florist Jun 21st 2010 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by parsj3 (Post 8647272)

That's good news. Let's hope the process runs smoothly for you and the rest of us!

Bali2010 Jun 21st 2010 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by tracys (Post 8644690)
Anyone have a rough idea how long till AOR once docs have arrived in London. Is it a case of how long is a piece of string?;) Been over six weeks since my application was delivered.

Any advice appreciated,

Tracy

parsj3 got theirs today on a similar timeline so it might be soon.

"PLAY GIRLS, $29.99"

<snigger>

Originally Posted by parsj3 (Post 8647272)

ooh, great - hope mine is soon too.

jobop Jun 22nd 2010 9:52 am

"PLAY GIRLS, $29.99"

Hope that helps.

LOL

Just checked and our bankers draft was cashed on 1st June - waiting for that 120 day email to hopefully arrive??? - very excited just to know that at least it means someone actually opened my application!!

:D

Good luck everyone waiting.:fingerscrossed:

heading-west Jun 22nd 2010 9:56 am

looks like we have a knotty little band of us all on the same timeline,

:fingerscrossed:Good luck to all for a speedy process :thumbsup:

jobop Jun 22nd 2010 3:57 pm

Whooooooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooo

Just got the 120 day email in my inbox :thumbsup:

Am so happy - best I collect all the info needed now...

Must not be long now for the rest of you on the same timeline.

(Will update my signature shortly with my timeline so far)

kat-b Jun 22nd 2010 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by jobop (Post 8649086)

Congratulations :-)) Ooooh hopefully not long until I hear (application sent 13 April....nothing yet)

heading-west Jun 22nd 2010 4:05 pm

CONGRATS Jobop :thumbsup:

jamie677 Jun 22nd 2010 4:29 pm

Congrats :D

tracys Jun 22nd 2010 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by Bali2010 (Post 8647373)
parsj3 got theirs today on a similar timeline so it might be soon.

ooh, great - hope mine is soon too.

Thanks for reply Bali, hope you hear soon too. Seems we are on similar timeline. :fingerscrossed:for us all.

Martin99 Jun 22nd 2010 5:44 pm

Fantastic news!!!

Bali2010 Jun 22nd 2010 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by heading-west (Post 8649110)
CONGRATS Jobop :thumbsup:

what they said jobop - start collecting:D

LaurenandLuke Jun 23rd 2010 2:34 pm

Just checked online banking and our money was taken today!!! Will start to gather docs and keep and eye out for 120 day email!

Lets just hope England win today and it will be cause for double celebration!!! :thumbsup::fingerscrossed:

Martin99 Jun 23rd 2010 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by LaurenandLuke (Post 8651650)
Just checked online banking and our money was taken today!!! Will start to gather docs and keep and eye out for 120 day email!

Lets just hope England win today and it will be cause for double celebration!!! :thumbsup::fingerscrossed:

Well they won so you are bound to hear soon!! :)

CanadaJimmy Jun 23rd 2010 8:35 pm

Posted my application today (June 23rd) via Xpresspost with a tracking number.
* Aiming for FSW Category 3: 12 months in Canada with proof + Copy of Work permit + Copy of Job Offer Letter from last year.

* Put N/A as amount of funds as it seems that is acceptable if you have arranged employment. We'll see how that goes down.

* Put London, UK as Visa office.

:unsure: Now we play the waiting game...

Bali2010 Jun 24th 2010 12:03 am

Originally Posted by LaurenandLuke (Post 8651650)

A good day for you then!
:thumbsup:

sr786 Jun 24th 2010 12:00 pm

submitted the pack today to be recived by CIO by monday. will update. fingers crossed!

rubberduckofdeath Jun 24th 2010 12:27 pm

Hey guys - congrat's to those who are still making progress :)

Not heard anything yet with regard to my 120 email. I was billed about 10-15 days ago so I guess I'm still within the normal timeframe for receipt. Fingers crossed I'll get it soon :)

jobop Jun 24th 2010 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath (Post 8654037)
Hey guys - congrat's to those who are still making progress :)

Not heard anything yet with regard to my 120 email. I was billed about 10-15 days ago so I guess I'm still within the normal timeframe for receipt. Fingers crossed I'll get it soon :)

It took 22 days after they had cashed my bankers draft, so hopefully not long to go now for you.

We applied under the same code as well 0213.

:fingerscrossed:

Martin99 Jun 24th 2010 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy (Post 8652519)
Posted my application today (June 23rd) via Xpresspost with a tracking number.
* Aiming for FSW Category 3: 12 months in Canada with proof + Copy of Work permit + Copy of Job Offer Letter from last year.

* Put N/A as amount of funds as it seems that is acceptable if you have arranged employment. We'll see how that goes down.

* Put London, UK as Visa office.

:unsure: Now we play the waiting game...

Originally Posted by sr786 (Post 8653979)
submitted the pack today to be recived by CIO by monday. will update. fingers crossed!

Good luck, Both!